It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Jeets2: I'm finally seeing this tonight. Everytime I saw this thread I've wanted to open it and take a peek but was able to resist till now. Still haven't read any posts but really tempted. Must resist for another few hours........
Breja: SPOILER: Rey isn't nearly as hot as Leia was in the original trilogy.
you know what I like about her? she's not photogenic at all. I saw a trailer and you know, she's pretty. hollywood. right. but, then I'd see pictures. posters, media stuff, and she just looks... weird. not quite right. then I go see the movie, and yeah. she's beautiful. but every still frame I've seen of her has her just not quite what you expect or remember.

I think that's really great.
bad_fur_day1: On a side note, The Revenant came out. Now that looks to be a serious thriller if you want to be all serious about the whole thing.
B0SC0: Maybe it'll be Leo's chance for Oscar glory.... Or not XD.

I've been humming and hawwing about going to see the Big Short; love Lewis' writing and Pitt did a fantastic job with Jonah Hill in Moneyball. However, I'm not seeing how this particular cast will translate the source material to film, particularly with Bale as Burry and Carell as a character based on Eisman, and that's making me apprehensive about seeing it.
Easy to overlook with all the star wars going on, it might creep right under the radar, but it might be one of the best films of the year. Then again I havn't seen it yet, it could turn out to be a stinker. Leo rarely does stinkers.

Big Short looks interesting, not super big on Dramas but Moneyball was a real gem. I should have amended my statement about videogamers being rational, more rational about movies, but they will still freak the hell out about videogames. :P

Also why not link Shane Blacks The Nice Guys trailer if you guys havn't seen it yet, it's awesome, can't wait for that this year;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyR-UqRom-c

But on the topic of Star Wars, I think I like the thing more than when I came out of the theatre, totally grew on me, there's maybe even stuff in there that wasn't before, like little hints of character depth. The trailer is a thing of beauty. One cool theory going around is Snoke is a force ghost.
Post edited January 09, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
bad_fur_day1: One cool theory going around is Snoke is a force ghost.
That's the dumbest one yet :D I love it!
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/11/john-boyega-says-episode-viii-is-darker-with-finn-getting-a-more-physical-role/

Well of course it is. You're remaking a darker movie this time.

Also there's a shortlist of actors for the "young Han Solo"... that movie is going to suck so hard. I'm calling it now- that will be the movie that will kill Disney Star Wars. Rogue One might actually be good. Many people will keep defending Force Awakens. Hype will make Episode VIII a hit whatever it turns out to be. But the Han Solo thing will leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth. A XXI century teeny bopper targeted, Guardians of the Galaxy style flashy thing taking a dump on a beloved character like the prequel trilogy. Oh, it will sell. But the prequels sold too. But that's the one that will loose Disney the fanboys goodwill, and it's all downhill from there.

Yes, I'm talking about a movie that is not even in production yet. But I just know. It's like a premonition, I can feel it in the Force. Honestly, can't you feel it? Tell me I'm wrong.
Post edited January 12, 2016 by Breja
Breja: Yes, I'm talking about a movie that is not even in production yet. But I just know. It's like a premonition, I can feel it in the Force. Honestly, can't you feel it? Tell me I'm wrong.
You have balls. I like balls. We will see.
Breja: Yes, I'm talking about a movie that is not even in production yet. But I just know. It's like a premonition, I can feel it in the Force. Honestly, can't you feel it? Tell me I'm wrong.
Nah, it's gonna blow.

But do all the shitty cartoon movies that are supposed to be canon take away from the real flicks?

"Young Han" will join "Young Indiana" in the dustbin of history. It won't ruin the fanboys; the fanboys will just ignore it like it don't matter.

Unless you remember Young Indy? Do ya?
yogsloth: Unless you remember Young Indy? Do ya?
I even remember Ford playing the saxophone. But that's me. I refuse to live in denial. I even acknowledge the existence Highlander The Source. Mind you, such things in no way hurt my enjoyment of the originals.
Star Wars 7 is just a remake of Star Wars: A New Hope with a female Luke Skywalker in God Mode.
Gnostic: Star Wars 7 is just a remake of Star Wars: A New Hope with a female Luke Skywalker in God Mode.
A truly insightful and original comment.
Gnostic: Star Wars 7 is just a remake of Star Wars: A New Hope with a female Luke Skywalker in God Mode.
Crap movie, but here's a scene with NOCLIP in action.

X3 - kitty vs. the juggernaut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX2uqINTZco

Movies are getting a bit silly. Who cares about physics when you can just CGI smudge someone's head onto another body and video game people into being able to fly and punch planets. Nothing means anything any more.
I finally seen it, such a disappointment, I knew I was not going to like it as the old ones... but by all the Gods I liked it even less than the prequels...
And a 10 times bigger Death Star, 10 times more easy to destroy, seriously all the STARKILLER thing SUCKS...
Post edited January 12, 2016 by YaTEdiGo
Finally saw the movie, I thought it was pretty good, I liked just about everything with a few exceptions:

Kylo Ren was incredibly emo, more so than Hayden Christensen in Episodes II and III.
Kylo Ren's face should have been kept a mystery for the first movie.
They should have waited for episode VIII to kill off Han Solo. (assuming he doesn't somehow come back to life.)
New storm-troopers looked kind of goofy, they have duck faces.
Was expecting and hoping to see Yoda.

I want to see the movie again once it's out on BluRay as my viewing experience was not a good one. Some guy behind me was hocking phlegm at *every* damn quiet and vital story moment of the movie among other theater annoyances.
I liked the new actors, especially the lead actress. I want to see more of them.
Finn, Ren and Rey...all done really well in my opinion.

However, the movie itself is like a lighter version of Lucas' masterpiece.
On one hand I'm glad Abrams could restrain himself, on the other hand the "big plot" feels very much recycled.

Its clear they are doing the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit thing, where the first movie is basically just introducing the main characters. In contrast Lucas' movies could each stand on their own as "complete" movies in themselves.
YaTEdiGo: I finally seen it, such a disappointment, I knew I was not going to like it as the old ones... but by all the Gods I liked it even less than the prequels...
Now granted it is not nearly as amazing and fantastic as the box office numbers or the fans gushing make it out to be but it is far better then the prequels in terms of execution. I have recently watched the prequels and they were a real chore to sit through, I even fell asleep while watching Episode I & II.

Though I will say that Episode III tread far more new ground in story telling then the semi-sequel/big budget JJ Abrams fan remake of Episode IV. ;)
Post edited January 12, 2016 by stg83
YaTEdiGo: I finally seen it, such a disappointment, I knew I was not going to like it as the old ones... but by all the Gods I liked it even less than the prequels...
stg83: Now granted it is not nearly as amazing and fantastic as the box office numbers or the fans gushing make it out to be but it is far better then the prequels in terms of execution. I have recently watched the prequels and they were a real chore to sit through, I even fell asleep while watching Episode I & II.

Though I will say that Episode III tread far more new ground in story telling then the semi-sequel/big budget JJ Abrams fan remake of Episode IV. ;)
Prequels are bad, but at least Lucas tried something there, and get some achievements, music, some new characters, new planets, a nice political plot (the only nice plot there), but here? There is no plot, there is a stupid superpowerful but easy beaten later bad guy, he is at the orders of Voldemort because they cannot revive the Emperor, and there is a granny Yoda that is the worst CG ever... all remaked from scenes from the old trilogy. A new lobotomized Stormtrooper that became more empathic than any counselor in few minutes, an empty main character only saved by the actress, a suppose to be femenine empowerement movie, to later treat Leia Organa, the fucking general of the Alliance, as no one... to even treat worse Chewbacca, his Ballesta has more relevance in the movie that him (Proof? Leia hugs that girl who knows she is... instead of him when Solo is gone...), a supposed to be badass stormtrooper girl that fucking sells her whole ideals and training in minutes... spoiling the whole fucking operation... a STARKILLER joke plot to reset the Rebels to nothing... because is too complicated to make the Imperials the "rebels" in terms of making them fighting a bigger enemy (Lucas again did it better with the political plot in the prequels) all this together is worse than any JarJar joke...

E7 starts amazing, develops clumsy, and finish in an utterly non sense. Starwars is DEAD, as an art at least, as a good story, even the music is terrible in this Episode...
Post edited January 12, 2016 by YaTEdiGo