It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!

<span class="bold">Alan Wake</span>'s desperate search for his missing wife and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> quickly became two of our all time favorite horror stories. Now Alan needs to step away, perhaps curl up someplace nice with one of his hit books, until it's time for him to come back. Due to licensing issues with the game's music, on Monday 17:00 PM UTC the original Alan Wake will be removed from sale everywhere. American Nightmare is NOT affected by this in any way.
If you haven't tried his fascinating action/adventures yet, this is the perfect opportunity to catch up, because for the next 48 hours both games are 90% off!

So let us now point our flashlights skywards as an au revoir to our favorite author and hope that someday we'll meet again.

The 90% discount on both <span class="bold">Alan Wake</span> and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> lasts until May 15th, 17:00 PM UTC.
Alan Wake will not be available for purchase after that time but all owners of the game will still have access to it as normal.
This kind of thing is a major bummer, at least a little angering. Not happy to hear about such a landmark title being killed off over licencing weirdness.

The game is a full experience with the music. I agree with the idea that the game shouldn't have its music replaced even if that were possible. It's a big part of it. Sound track stands on its own. I was even listening to it 48 hours ago. Glad I was deliberate about making sure I had it and not just the game.

Sux
I wish they would do the Steam Connect for the Alan Wake games. I have them both on Steam. I would like them DRM free from GOG.

-Tastymonkey
Post edited May 14, 2017 by tastymonkey
Is the soundtrack amongst the installed game files?
I think that'd really push me to get it.
dave1276: Any chance of getting this on GOG Connect?
Smannesman: I'm all for Connect, but surely 90% off is enough?
I mean I'd be happy if Connect gave you 90% off instead of 100% off.
For me it is a matter of spending money on games while I am unemployed. Once I am employed again I will be purchasing more from GOG. Love their site.

-Tastymonkey
Hm, been expecting this to happen since the games got removed from Steam cause the devs forgot to get the music license extended and as such they missed the timeframe for contract extension. I expect the games will be back soon afther the devs renegotiate and pay for the music license extension. Already owe it but definitely recommend it to anybody.
Hmm, I'm a bit surprised the game is still $30USD, here and on Steam, considering its age. Ah well, bought both anyway despite already having them on Steam because I'm a sucker.
Smannesman: I'm all for Connect, but surely 90% off is enough?
I mean I'd be happy if Connect gave you 90% off instead of 100% off.
tastymonkey: For me it is a matter of spending money on games while I am unemployed. Once I am employed again I will be purchasing more from GOG. Love their site.

-Tastymonkey
Message me, I was unemployed twice, will sort you out with a copy if your interested. You have to sacrifice the things you love when times are tough.

Edit: Just realised I sound like this Man
Attachments:
Post edited May 14, 2017 by Bodgeit
low rated
Licensing music is for mediocre developers who don't have the talent to make their own.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by Crosmando
I've been putting off this game for a long time waiting until goes on sale for like 10 cents, just because I have so many other GOG/Steam backlog of games right now. But considering we won't be able to obtain the game after Monday, I guess I might as well put everything aside and play this.

Thanks for GOG RSS feed news!
too bad...

I really like this game, even though I'm physically unable to finish it... because I'm a collector freak :D enjoying the atmosphere and trying to stay alive doesn't go well with having to search every inch of the area for hidden items :D
Seriously, get this game. Personally I don't think it's a masterpiece but very solid. A lot of fun, linear and repetitive at some points, a few very interesting levels (when you are unarmed and lighthouse) but nothing really frustrating. So a lot of fun most of the time. And character with the worst stamina ever ;P Buy the game!
Awesome game in style of the old Resident Evil and Silent Hill stuff. Like them it can be very frustrating at times, meaning the combat, what makes the game shine though is the atmosphere and writing. Definitely a Classic in my opinion.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by Ricky_Bobby
tastymonkey: For me it is a matter of spending money on games while I am unemployed. Once I am employed again I will be purchasing more from GOG. Love their site.

-Tastymonkey
I'm also unemployed and in debt.
high rated
Smannesman: I'm also unemployed and in debt.
Me too, but I'm not complaining like you guys do.
Zoidberg: Mmh, read about its removal from steam and windows store.

Those games removals or disfigurements (GTA San Andreas) are a really BIG problem in this industry. We seriously need to work on the saving of those cultural art pieces.

I really liked Alan Wake too. Finished it several times.
I'm still upset over the removal of 17 songs from San Andreas on Steam in late 2014 that broke all my saved games in a campaign I'd been playing off and on since 2009. Most of the removed songs were ones I happened to like (the ones, for instance, by Gap Band, Tom Petty, Ozzy Osbourne, Joe Cocker, etc.); I would not have noticed had they all been from the techno station (SF-UR).