It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The infinity starts with history, and the history of games is painted in the colors of our childhood memories. Today we celebrate the 20th Anniversary of ScummVM and pay tribute to a group of people behind the scenes who make sure some of GOG's timeless classics work smoothly on modern computers!

About ScummVM

ScummVM is a program that allows you to run many classic point-and-click adventure games and RPGs on modern computers. The program replaces executables shipped with games and makes them playable on systems for which they were never designed! ScummVM rewrites executables but does not require emulators and complex setups. For many years, thanks to ScummVM, you can enjoy many timeless classics on GOG!

Check the collection of GOG games supported by ScummVM and launch your time machine this weekend with our special deals up to 85% off. The promo ends on 11th October 2021, 1 PM UTC.
PixelBoy:
Flaose:
AB2012:
Thanks all for answers! That's pretty much correct (I don't have Pajama Sam games yet). I think also Kyrandia Trilogy is ScummVM only. I don't mind that much in case of Broken Sword becouse it is a Windows game but still it would be better to have all files or just plain great if there was ISO file ncluded.
Lightkey: It is really not up to GOG.com to decide which platforms a game is going to be released for. Generally, the bigger the publisher, the more unlikely a release for Linux will ever be granted, no matter who asks.
Literally there are several games that got no linux release because there is no linux Galaxy.
Greetings to any and all, I have recently just bought several games that use ScummVM. In the folders have noticed it is version 2.0.0. Is it meant to this way? Will the GOG client eventually update to this new version? Or is this for a separate install?
Qezz: Greetings to any and all, I have recently just bought several games that use ScummVM. In the folders have noticed it is version 2.0.0. Is it meant to this way? Will the GOG client eventually update to this new version? Or is this for a separate install?
I think in general GOG ships the games with a ScummVM version they have tested themselves. Testing with each new version is perhaps not a viable thing (and there can be regressions in new versions or changes in the save files system), so unless the new version includes bug fixes for a serious game breaking issue, they may not see the need to move to it.

But, yes, on occasion, GOG will update the ScummVM version that comes with some games; this has happened in the past.

The user/customer, though, may freely install the latest version of ScummVM on their platform, manually, then add their GOG installed games to it and play them that way (launching ScummVM).

Or, in certain platforms (eg. Windows) you can replace the "scummvm" folder which is inside the installed game folder, with the one for the most recent version and keep using the GOG shortcuts for the game -- I expect however that, in this case, if you then use Galaxy's "Verify/Repair" feature, it may restore the old ScummVM version.
Ahh, alright, I understand Sir Praetorian, thank you kindly for your reply. I'm off now to the lands of Sherwood to help those in need, as well as my King.
ScummVM added support for Sanitarium:

https://www.scummvm.org/news/20211118/

There is a demo available if you don´t own the game. The Android version i use on my phone is not still supported (v. 2.5.0.) so i can´t try it.
Post edited November 22, 2021 by argamasa