It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The infinity starts with history, and the history of games is painted in the colors of our childhood memories. Today we celebrate the 20th Anniversary of ScummVM and pay tribute to a group of people behind the scenes who make sure some of GOG's timeless classics work smoothly on modern computers!

About ScummVM

ScummVM is a program that allows you to run many classic point-and-click adventure games and RPGs on modern computers. The program replaces executables shipped with games and makes them playable on systems for which they were never designed! ScummVM rewrites executables but does not require emulators and complex setups. For many years, thanks to ScummVM, you can enjoy many timeless classics on GOG!

Check the collection of GOG games supported by ScummVM and launch your time machine this weekend with our special deals up to 85% off. The promo ends on 11th October 2021, 1 PM UTC.
Do we get any new releases with this event?
low rated
not really sure what that means
If I buy and install these, they come pre-built with ScummVM?
Elmofongo: If I buy and install these, they come pre-built with ScummVM?
Not all apparently, at least Starship Titanic and Elvira games don't.
So we will finally have lands of lore with it?
high rated
Unfortunately this is almost false advertizing from GOG since several of the games listed in the ScummVM Anniversary sale don't come with the actual ScummVM release here on GOG. Technically it might be possible to take the necessary files from the GOG release and install ScummVM directly but imo GOG should rather update those games that are missing their ScummVM version before doing such a sale.
MarkoH01: Unfortunately this is almost false advertizing from GOG since several of the games listed in the ScummVM Anniversary sale don't come with the actual ScummVM release here on GOG. Technically it might be possible to take the necessary files from the GOG release and install ScummVM directly but imo GOG should rather update those games that are missing their ScummVM version before doing such a sale.
Yes, IHNMAIMS among many others titles, has an outdated version of ScummVM.
high rated
MarkoH01: Unfortunately this is almost false advertizing from GOG since several of the games listed in the ScummVM Anniversary sale don't come with the actual ScummVM release here on GOG. Technically it might be possible to take the necessary files from the GOG release and install ScummVM directly but imo GOG should rather update those games that are missing their ScummVM version before doing such a sale.
MaxFulvus: Yes, IHNMAIMS among many others titles, has an outdated version of ScummVM.
Well at least it has ONE version of ScummVM. Startship Titanic i.e. even if it is supported by ScummVM does not come with ScummVM here on GOG - yet they list it in the sale. 3 Skulls of the Toltecs is the remastered version and therefore also not the ScummVM release for the original. GOG really should start to learn their own catalogue.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by MarkoH01
Some of them don't run on the latest stable release of ScummVM which is already over a year old. Maybe that's a hint that an update of ScummVM will arrive and these games get repackaged. Then again I have doubts about GOG's way of advertising...
We should all start "archiving" our old gaming machines, not only our games. That way we will be able to enjoy them for many years to come without having to depend on new releases or emulators.

P.S. I do have my old gaming rig (2000ish era) up and running with Win7 in the attic just in case. :)
My guessing is that an update for ScummVM games, new and old, could be on the way. For now the latest stable version of ScummVM is being in public beta/test state singe august. So the tempos should not be too wrong.
GOG.com: Check the collection of GOG games supported by ScummVM
Nice sale but you're missing quite a few titles (Police Quest series, Return To Zork, Starship Titanic, Waxworks, etc).
Post edited October 08, 2021 by AB2012
GOG.com: Check the collection of GOG games supported by ScummVM and launch your time machine this weekend with our special deals up to 85% off. The promo ends on 11th October 2021, 1 PM UTC.
There's no discount on Blade Runner, even though it's included in the promo?
high rated
Perma-free games in the sale? Weird. Anyway stay away from the GOG version of Lure of the Temptress, the AI will drive you nuts and make it a nightmare to play. It's nice to see GOG acknowledging ScummVM, even when the titles selection doesn't match the whole premise of the sale's theme.

btw, some more free ScummVM games here
https://www.scummvm.org/games
(posting for those who are not familiar with the project)
Post edited October 08, 2021 by Dogmaus