It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Make your purchases in PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK

Today we are adding six new local currency options to our store. From now on, if you are making purchases from Poland, Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, or Denmark, you will be able to pay in your local currency, i.e. PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK, respectively.

If you live in one of these beautiful countries, you're already able to choose between USD and EUR. Now, you get a third payment option: your local currency. Any store credit you may already have in USD or EUR remains unchanged and can be used for future purchases made in those currencies.
For more information on how our store credit works, check out this <span class="bold">FAQ</span>.

You can easily switch between your currency options using the drop-down menu at the website's footer or by going to Account → Orders & Settings → Account and Locale.

Having more options is always useful and a familiar currency can go a long way towards helping you plan your gaming budget. Now, you can do your DRM-free shopping in eleven currencies : USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, RUB, PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK. Enjoy!
high rated
Crosmando: Needed Currencies:
Bus Tokens
North Korean won
Gold Bullion (for right-wing conspiracy theorists)
IOU's (I owe yous, otherwise known as "I'll pay you back later bro, I promise")
Eastern European brides
Japanese female [used] panties
Don't forget Dogecoin.
gamesfreak64: why do so many EU countries still have their own currency?
Because they can set their own fiscal policies rather than relying on Brussels :) There are quite a number of reasons but I know I heard that fiscal policy was one of them :)
Wiewioor: It looks so great, but I'm unable to change the currency. Crap.
Are you trying to do so while in the forum?
Wiewioor: Nope. I cannot change it. I'm in US, so maybe it's blocked. Only changeable thing is locale. Even if I try to change the currency settings using the form in the footer of the page, it allows me to change to USD only
Polish currency is only available while you're located in Poland so if you are in the U.S. then you won't see the PLN option.
JudasIscariot: Polish currency is only available while you're located in Poland so if you are in the U.S. then you won't see the PLN option.
JaqFrost: That's... unfortunate. I have one card that has funds in one of the newly relevant currencies but I don't live in the country in question, so I can't make use of this feature. That makes no sense to me.
It's Polish currency so why should it be available outside of Poland? No one else uses it :)

edit: I am no financial expert but I am sure there are tons of regulations that come with the ability to offer a given currency so I can't imagine what regulations, if any exist for such a scenario, there are for offering a specific currency outside of a given region.
Post edited May 05, 2016 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: It's Polish currency so why should it be available outside of Poland? No one else uses it :)

edit: I am no financial expert but I am sure there are tons of regulations that come with the ability to offer a given currency so I can't imagine what regulations, if any exist for such a scenario, there are for offering a specific currency outside of a given region.
JaqFrost: If I have a Polish bank account, with a Polish credit card attached to it, but I live in Kazakhstan, I really wouldn't want to use a VPN to simulate being in Poland just to be able to pay in the appropriate currency for my credit card. Neither would I want to pay the high regional prices of the EU when I live in and make my money far away from that region of the world.
The only thing to do then is to use the digital equivalent of currency exchange because, like I said, there are probably tons of rules and regulations regarding how and where a given currency may be offered. Sorry if I can't really go into detail about this...
Onox: Wow, I am very surprised to see this ! A few days ago I sent an e-mail to gog support to enquire if there were any plans to add more local currencies, and the answer I received yesterday was :

"Hello,
I am afraid that we do not offer prices in different currencies than USD, EUR, GBP, AUD and Rubles, and currently have no immediate plans to extend that lineup.
I apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,
(name removed)
GOG.com Support"

I guess not everyone at gog knew...

The pricing is now better compared to Steam's too, although some games still are cheaper on Steam. I wonder how this will evolve

Thanks
Well....the plans weren't immediate so Support answered your inquiry correctly :P

Technically correct is the best kind of correct :)
JudasIscariot: Polish currency is only available while you're located in Poland so if you are in the U.S. then you won't see the PLN option.
eiii: Please keep the dollar prices available as an option for everyone also in the future, regardless of how many currencies you support.
The US dollar is a currency that is accepted almost worldwide so it will always be an option for almost everyone :)

The "almost" part is there because I am sure that there are places in the world that do not use or accept the US dollar.
JudasIscariot: The US dollar is a currency that is accepted almost worldwide so it will always be an option for almost everyone :)

The "almost" part is there because I am sure that there are places in the world that do not use or accept the US dollar.
eiii: Sounds good as I think for the "foreseeable future" dollars will be accepted here. :)

So when I understand it correctly most of the people have the choice between dollars, Euros and (if supported) their local currency, right? At least that's the case for me, I can not select any other of the listed currencies.

So the:
GOG.com: Now, you can do your DRM-free shopping in eleven currencies : USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, RUB, PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK. Enjoy!
eiii: is quite misleading as I do not really have that choice.
That statement is clarified further down the post:

"If you live in one of these beautiful countries, you're already able to choose between USD and EUR. Now, you get a third payment option: your local currency. "
JudasIscariot: That statement is clarified further down the post:
eiii: Actually it's further up. :P But point taken, I should have read more carefully. :)
I am in the middle of playing something that looks kind of like this so I am seeing letters everywhere :P
JudasIscariot: Because they can set their own fiscal policies rather than relying on Brussels :) There are quite a number of reasons but I know I heard that fiscal policy was one of them :)
Pica-Ludica: I can't speak for other countries - geopolitics is not my forte - but Switzerland is simply not part of the EU. :) It's a European country geographically speaking, but not part of the European Union or the Euro Zone. Hence, the CHF is still in use.
Of course :) The other "EU countries that kept their own currency" we were discussing were Poland, Sweden, the UK, and Denmark :)