It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Make your purchases in PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK

Today we are adding six new local currency options to our store. From now on, if you are making purchases from Poland, Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, or Denmark, you will be able to pay in your local currency, i.e. PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK, respectively.

If you live in one of these beautiful countries, you're already able to choose between USD and EUR. Now, you get a third payment option: your local currency. Any store credit you may already have in USD or EUR remains unchanged and can be used for future purchases made in those currencies.
For more information on how our store credit works, check out this <span class="bold">FAQ</span>.

You can easily switch between your currency options using the drop-down menu at the website's footer or by going to Account → Orders & Settings → Account and Locale.

Having more options is always useful and a familiar currency can go a long way towards helping you plan your gaming budget. Now, you can do your DRM-free shopping in eleven currencies : USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, RUB, PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK. Enjoy!
tamablenebula: Of course it does - there are no currency exchange fees. They can make a huge difference to prices. My bank charges me an additional £2.50 to pay in a currency other than GBP - most of the games I have on GOG cost me less than that!
A fixed amount of £2.50 on every transaction? Ouch! And I always thought Swiss banks are cutthroats. :P
JudasIscariot: Polish currency is only available while you're located in Poland so if you are in the U.S. then you won't see the PLN option.
eiii: Please keep the dollar prices available as an option for everyone also in the future, regardless of how many currencies you support.
The US dollar is a currency that is accepted almost worldwide so it will always be an option for almost everyone :)

The "almost" part is there because I am sure that there are places in the world that do not use or accept the US dollar.
JudasIscariot: The US dollar is a currency that is accepted almost worldwide so it will always be an option for almost everyone :)

The "almost" part is there because I am sure that there are places in the world that do not use or accept the US dollar.
Sounds good as I think for the "foreseeable future" dollars will be accepted here. :)

When I understand it correctly most of the people have the choice between dollars, Euros and (if supported) their local currency, right? At least that's the case for me, I can not select any other of the listed currencies.

So the:
GOG.com: Now, you can do your DRM-free shopping in eleven currencies : USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, RUB, PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK. Enjoy!
is quite misleading as I do not really have that choice.
Post edited May 06, 2016 by eiii
JudasIscariot: The US dollar is a currency that is accepted almost worldwide so it will always be an option for almost everyone :)

eiii: Sounds good as I think for the "foreseeable future" dollars will be accepted here. :)

So when I understand it correctly most of the people have the choice between dollars, Euros and (if supported) their local currency, right? At least that's the case for me, I can not select any other of the listed currencies.

So the:
GOG.com: Now, you can do your DRM-free shopping in eleven currencies : USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, RUB, PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK. Enjoy!
eiii: is quite misleading as I do not really have that choice.
That statement is clarified further down the post:

"If you live in one of these beautiful countries, you're already able to choose between USD and EUR. Now, you get a third payment option: your local currency. "
JudasIscariot: That statement is clarified further down the post:
Actually it's further up. :P But point taken, I should have read more carefully. :)
eiii: Actually it's further up. :P But point taken, I should have read more carefully. :)
I am in the middle of playing something that looks kind of like this so I am seeing letters everywhere :P
JudasIscariot: I am in the middle of playing something that looks kind of like this so I am seeing letters everywhere :P
Hehe, that explains a lot. :P It looks like some kind of ASCII art renderer. What are you playing?
Post edited May 06, 2016 by eiii
JudasIscariot: I am in the middle of playing something that looks kind of like this so I am seeing letters everywhere :P
eiii: Hehe, that explains a lot. :P It looks like some kind of ASCII art renderer. What are you playing?
That's the Witcher 4 beta version.
ZFR: That's the Witcher 4 beta version.
Steam punk retro atmosphere ... xD
anon_amos: Let me start by saying thank you GOG for adding the CAD$ currency and other currencies for all the other regions. It is nice when people have choices on how they want to pay. I have been with you since beta, purchased a number of games from you, but not being able to pay in CAD was the main reason I have not purchased anything from you in quite some time.

While you have added CAD$, unfortunately I still will not be purchasing anything from you as your prices converted to CAD$ are too high. I had a quick look at a few of your offerings and compared them to Steam and Steam has the better converted price. For example:

Banner Saga 2 Deluxe
GOG - $31.49 Steam - $27.99

Kathy Rain
GOG $18.89 Steam - $16.99

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
GOG - $25.29 Steam - $21.99

Witcher 3
GOG - $62.89 Steam - $59.99

Cornerstone: The Song of Tyyrim
GOG - $25.29 Steam - $21.99

I am sure if I checked other tiles they would be much the same. Looks like I will continue to look at your titles here, check Steam, see a lower price and purchase there.

While I applaud your approach to gaming by offering DRM-free games, I would rather take the savings where I can. If you by chance offer a better price or provide a better conversion rate I will gladly return to making my purchases here.
Steam's CAD prices for a lot of games are quite a bit lower than the direct converted prices of the same games in most of the major online distributors using USD. GOG's CAD price is a bit more close to the direct converted price from USD ( a little bit lower actually). I guess if one does not mind Steam and wants the absolute best price in CAD, Steam will be the best bet.
eiii: Hehe, that explains a lot. :P It looks like some kind of ASCII art renderer. What are you playing?
By the looks of it he's playing Rogue or its clone Hack (or NetHack, the expanded version of Hack).
HypersomniacLive: What currency options do you get for Kazakhstan? Just the USD?
I'm not actually in Kazakhstan, so I haven't got the foggiest. =P The countries were just hypothetical; I don't have any Polish money either.

puviani: A much better way would be to validate the client's permanent location based on the country registered with the payment provider/card issuer. This is how Amazon determines what can be shipped to what countries.
That would only compound my problem. I really don't want to pay sky high EU prices just because my credit card is attached to a European bank while I live and work elsewhere in the world. If my card issuer's permanent location determined my prices, I would stop buying games on GOG.
bitcoins plz

"If you live in one of these beautiful countries, you're already able to choose between USD and EUR. Now, you get a third payment option: your local currency. "
Wait -- Canadians have the option to pay in Euros? What kind of sense does that make?
Or can they not, and that was just a sly way of saying that Canada's not a beautiful country? =P