It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stick 'em up, paesano!

West of Loathing is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% discount until November 23, 2PM UTC.
Blazing saddles, ill-mannered cows, awkward musical numbers, sticky mysteries, and more goofy hats than there are bullet holes in the walls of the local saloon: this is a true Wild West epic, complete with open-world exploration, surreal quests, eccentric characters, turn-based combat for the hot-blooded, and all three RPG classes you were always dreaming of: the Snake Oiler, the Cow Puncher, and the Beanslinger.

Looking for more gunslinging opportunities? We've put up a poster with several of most-wanted Western legends: Hard West, Desperados 1 & 2, GUN, and Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist going for up to -75%. This Wild West Sale ends November 20, 11PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by maladr0Id
Oddeus: That´s the first time I see two blues recommending a game in the same thread. Can it be this good?
Hastur-: Yes.
Yep.
Hastur-: Yes.
Konrad: Yep.
Lan party pics or it didn't happen!
high rated
Crosmando: Anyone who would seriously pay for this level of "graphics" must be mentally retarded.
Why? It's a design choice and for this particular game it might work much better than "modern/better" graphics.
So @Konrad and @Hastur-: Since you both actually seem to adore this game tell me a bit about it. What kind of a game is this: Adventure? Action RPG? Hack + Slay? What do you have to do and what is so special on this game. I am ready to bite but just two blues saying it's "that"good unfortunately is not convincing enough for me.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: What kind of a game is this: Adventure? Action RPG? Hack + Slay? What do you have to do and what is so special on this game.
There are plenty of reviews out there, you know.
MarkoH01: So @Konrad and @Hastur-: Since you both actually seem to adore this game tell me a bit about it. What kind of a game is this: Adventure? Action RPG? Hack + Slay? What do you have to do and what is so special on this game. I am ready to bite but just two blues saying it's "that"good unfortunately is not convincing enough for me.
I haven't played it myself, but I can recommend the "TotalBiscuit suggests trying" episode on it.
Glad I can take this off my Steam wishlist. Two blues in the same thread recommending it is a rare sight though. I'll be buying it sooner rather than later.
MarkoH01: So @Konrad and @Hastur-: Since you both actually seem to adore this game tell me a bit about it. What kind of a game is this: Adventure? Action RPG? Hack + Slay? What do you have to do and what is so special on this game. I am ready to bite but just two blues saying it's "that"good unfortunately is not convincing enough for me.
Seriously, has no one here played Kingdom of Loathing?

I would assume from the description and screenshots that it is roughly based on the original web game genre wise, in which case it's a parody comedy RPG. Expect lots of references to various pop culture stuff, games, movies etc. and a fairly solid and fun RPG underneath it all.

It's probably best to try the free online Kingdom of Loathing first just to see if the humour is for you or not (and also because it's great), though this looks far more advanced then KoL was last time I played it (which was admittedly years ago)
MarkoH01: What kind of a game is this: Adventure? Action RPG? Hack + Slay? What do you have to do and what is so special on this game.
Mr.Mumbles: There are plenty of reviews out there, you know.
Sometimes you are more interested in the opinion of a normal person instead of a professional critic.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by MarkoH01
The GOGcom Twitch channel joins in with a Wild West Day!

Check out the schedule here:
http://j.mp/streaming_schedule

and then watch the streams here:
https://www.twitch.tv/gogcom
YEEHAW!
anyone else now wanting XKCD:The Game?
mechmouse: anyone else now wanting XKCD:The Game?
I have no idea what it would be, but I would definitely buy it :D
Yes! While we're waiting for it we can have some more fun playing 'Hoverboard'.
Lemon_Curry: Yes! While we're waiting for it we can have some more fun playing 'Hoverboard'.
not again......
Crosmando: Anyone who would seriously pay for this level of "graphics" must be mentally retarded.
At least it has a colorblind option in the settings. Not all games are so kind.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by gryffondor95