It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stick 'em up, paesano!

West of Loathing is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% discount until November 23, 2PM UTC.
Blazing saddles, ill-mannered cows, awkward musical numbers, sticky mysteries, and more goofy hats than there are bullet holes in the walls of the local saloon: this is a true Wild West epic, complete with open-world exploration, surreal quests, eccentric characters, turn-based combat for the hot-blooded, and all three RPG classes you were always dreaming of: the Snake Oiler, the Cow Puncher, and the Beanslinger.

Looking for more gunslinging opportunities? We've put up a poster with several of most-wanted Western legends: Hard West, Desperados 1 & 2, GUN, and Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist going for up to -75%. This Wild West Sale ends November 20, 11PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by maladr0Id
falloutttt: [...] We demand achievements!! grrr! D:
Do we now? Must be the royal "we", you're talking about... ;)

But in all seriousness: GOG hasn't added the OST either, so I'm guessing both will be added after the weekend. And if we're really lucky, the OST won't be added as a DLC, so people who what to buy the soundtrack without buying the game can actually do so.
falloutttt: [...] We demand achievements!! grrr! D:
HeartsAndRainbows: Do we now? Must be the royal "we", you're talking about... ;)

But in all seriousness: GOG hasn't added the OST either, so I'm guessing both will be added after the weekend. And if we're really lucky, the OST won't be added as a DLC, so people who what to buy the soundtrack without buying the game can actually do so.
no, not that royal we. I just don't like why we here don't get the same "extra stuff" them steamers do. I don't think it's fair. :/
Post edited November 19, 2017 by falloutttt
For those who want to buy the soundtrack by Ryan Ike, it's available on Bandcamp.

Music from the trailer: The Wild White Yonder.
Post edited November 19, 2017 by shmerl
Don't know what people like in this game .
It's the same magic juice that fuels Sunless Sea, Sunless Sea: Zubmariner and Sunless Skies: Exceptionally good writing.

There is a free browser game called Fallen London that's sort of a predecessor for the Sunless Series. (Please don't stone me to death if that's not the right term.)

Now West of Loathing is developed by the same studio that runs the Kingdom of Loathing browser game (which is also free). I actively played KoL for about 6 years before growing tired of certain aspects of the core gameplay loop. But I still drop by the (still very well maintained) wiki every now and then to read the text of some new items or monsters.

From my point of view West of Loathing is a Kingdom of Loathing spin-off that's a contained experience. Unlike the browser game, I can play WoL and be done with it at some point or take a break for a year - without any remorse from letting my guild behind or missing out on limited time content.
Post edited November 19, 2017 by HeartsAndRainbows
HeartsAndRainbows: It's the same magic juice that fuels Sunless Sea, Sunless Sea: Zubmariner and Sunless Skies: Exceptionally good writing.
Add Night in the Woods to that list and we're set :)

Perhaps even The Darkside Detective.
mechmouse: anyone else now wanting XKCD:The Game?
adaliabooks: I have no idea what it would be, but I would definitely buy it :D
Back to this subject, maybe you'll like to know there's an XKCD-themed game jam going on at itch.io. The submission period ended yesterday, and now it's voting time. There are some interesting things in there. :)
maladr0Id: Add Night in the Woods to that list and we're set :)

Perhaps even The Darkside Detective.
I didn't want to marginalize any other well written games with a heavy focus on story - it's just that the situation seemed very similar to me:
A group of people running a text heavy browser game for years consider producing a regular video game based in the same universe. The reviewers and fans are pleased. Still the game holds a comparatively small market share, based on niche genre.
maladr0Id: Perhaps even The Darkside Detective.
I knew you'd mention it!!
maladr0Id: Perhaps even The Darkside Detective.
victorchopin: I knew you'd mention it!!
It's bloody awesome, that is!

But having finished WoL recently, I gotta say this is clearly the superior game. Even if I never managed to figure out the ultimate purpose of the "alien" machines :(
adaliabooks: I have no idea what it would be, but I would definitely buy it :D
muntdefems: Back to this subject, maybe you'll like to know there's an XKCD-themed game jam going on at itch.io. The submission period ended yesterday, and now it's voting time. There are some interesting things in there. :)
Forgot to respond to this at the time, they look pretty interesting actually :D

Thanks!
adaliabooks: Forgot to respond to this at the time, they look pretty interesting actually :D

Thanks!
No, thank you for reminding me about it! I've just took a look at the winners, and I was a little disappointed the one about Bobby Tables didn't even get a mention. But otherwise all of them are pretty neat. Right now at my office we're trying to get the Mars rover to its destination. :P
I got stuck in the first town in West of Loathing. Content is sparse, so I can replay and try something else, but it feels like a boring slog I should get paid for. Darkside Detective is clearly superior.