It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help from above.

<span class="bold">Thea: The Awakening</span>, a turn-based strategy/RPG of leading your people out of a fantastic catastrophe, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

Did you know that Thea is "goddess" in Greek? Well it is. It's also you in this addictive hybrid of roguelike exploration, card-game combat mechanics, and strategic planning. And you will need to master all three, if you are to ever save your destitute people from the apocalypse that befell the land, letting horrors of the Slavic mythology run rampant below a horrible, all-encompassing blanket of darkness.

This is not a story about glory and battle-hardened heroes but one of powerless survivors fighting for existence. You've got a huge, procedurally-generated world of hexagons to explore, thousands of items to craft or gather, and hundreds of random story events to navigate as you fight your way towards the ending that better reflects your choices. Your people look to you for their arduous awakening. Do not let them down. It would be rather ungodly.

Secure the survival of your believers one divine turn at a time in <span class="bold">Thea: The Awakening</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% discount will last until February 09, 1:59 PM GMT.
Glad to see those two releases as appropriately priced (both full and cut price, no strange roundings on those ones ;)).

So is this one some kind of HOMM?
Post edited February 02, 2016 by Zoidberg
cyboff: Me too! But when there were rumors GOG rejected it I bought it on Steam... so now I "have to" buy it again...
But I'm always on the edge if to do it (again and again...) - GOG should be punished for their indecisiveness, but devs not! :D
I agree. It's good to back devs who go the DRM-free route, and unfortunate when GOG doesn't communicate clearly about these things. They did have this on their Upcoming tab for a while, but that was a while after the "turned it down" rumours had already begun circulating and some folks had given up on it arriving here.

I'd say that if you can afford it, then backing the game here again on GOG with your wallet is a nice thing to do. :)
Looks interesting. Well, wishlisted for now, backlog is too large atm to add to it without a steep discount.
gamesfreak64: [snip]... and the other parts, he spends 90% on the card deck and switches now and then to the main map, other reviewers seem to be on the map all of the time, so its quite confusing.
The card game is large part of the game, if you want to. In my first playthrough I have let about 90% of fights to autoresolve because they had no real chance to even scratch my band of warriors, and even in tough fights it has about the same success rate as manual control. I spent most of time exploring the map, gathering resources and taking care of villagers' equipment.
Looks pretty cool. Wishlisted for now as the price still too steep for me on something like this.
It seems an interesting game but im more a traditional 4x player so will wishlist for now.
Good to see this one here.

The Slavic mythology theme is appealing, and quite rare, hope it does well.
low rated
So where's Tuesday's real game? This isn't it. This is the appetizer for a real game.

Right? Guys?

Guys?
Looks interesting, but it's good?
Thank you GOG for changing your mind and releasing Thea!
Not procedurally generated right?
ShadowWulfe: Not procedurally generated right?
Looked and sounded amazing until you said that :(

Anyone know how replayable it is and how different it really is on different playthroughs?
Pheace:
Wait so it is procedurally generated? I only ask because it feels like every freaking game in the last year has been procedurally generated.
ShadowWulfe: Wait so it is procedurally generated? I only ask because it feels like every freaking game in the last year has been procedurally generated.
And permadeath..
it looks really cool. Wishlisted for now.