It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help from above.

<span class="bold">Thea: The Awakening</span>, a turn-based strategy/RPG of leading your people out of a fantastic catastrophe, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

Did you know that Thea is "goddess" in Greek? Well it is. It's also you in this addictive hybrid of roguelike exploration, card-game combat mechanics, and strategic planning. And you will need to master all three, if you are to ever save your destitute people from the apocalypse that befell the land, letting horrors of the Slavic mythology run rampant below a horrible, all-encompassing blanket of darkness.

This is not a story about glory and battle-hardened heroes but one of powerless survivors fighting for existence. You've got a huge, procedurally-generated world of hexagons to explore, thousands of items to craft or gather, and hundreds of random story events to navigate as you fight your way towards the ending that better reflects your choices. Your people look to you for their arduous awakening. Do not let them down. It would be rather ungodly.

Secure the survival of your believers one divine turn at a time in <span class="bold">Thea: The Awakening</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% discount will last until February 09, 1:59 PM GMT.
Very nice addition! Glad to see games with the Slavic mythology setting being developed.
Thanks, GOG crew!
Wishlisted for now. :)

EDIT: The game doesn't appear on my wishlist but it's marked as wishlisted on the game page. Bug?
EDIT2: Seems to be solved now.
Post edited February 02, 2016 by BranjoHello
That is actually a beautiful surprise. Glad that i waited and did not listen to my impulse to buy it on Steam.
oh cards

again
It's Thea Time !
Bought! I backed this on KS, where unfortunately it didn't make, but I'm glad the developers kept going anyway. It sounded like a perfect fit for GOG, and apparently GOG agrees. Glad to see it here!
I had my eye on this since I tried the free early access linux version about week ago. It's already sitting in my account. I wonder if I'll be able to import my saves and unlocked stats...

PS: the rogue-like aspect is not mandatory and it's not active on default difficulty, you can get one normal save slot in exchange for lower score. It plays almost like normal 4X game then (there is no exterminating the monsters, they will spawn over time).
Good to see this here at last. Instabuy.
Sounds nice, wishlisted for now.
if you read this, Buy it now!

I got the steam version and the game was one of my random impulse buys. No regrets. Was disappointed when I heard it had problems going in to GOG due to them not being to handle it or something to do about early access on initial release. Only thing stopping me from getting it again is that I have to wait for my pay cheque.

The game is great and from what I heard from the devs, they plan to support it like how Terraria's developer supported terraria. Despite the long wait for the updates, they have released some quality updates without charging an extra additional cent for it.

Grab this game! It is new and unique and kinda scratch that King of Dragonpass itch.
BranjoHello: EDIT: The game doesn't appear on my wishlist but it's marked as wishlisted on the game page. Bug?
Maybe. I have the same problem with Shadow Warrior 2
IAmSinistar: Bought! I backed this on KS, where unfortunately it didn't make, but I'm glad the developers kept going anyway. It sounded like a perfect fit for GOG, and apparently GOG agrees. Glad to see it here!
Me too! But when there were rumors GOG rejected it I bought it on Steam... so now I "have to" buy it again...
But I'm always on the edge if to do it (again and again...) - GOG should be punished for their indecisiveness, but devs not! :D
Looks like a fantastic game! Not only that, but if what I read about the dev team is true, I think they should be supported.

edit: typos
Post edited February 02, 2016 by Vythonaut
low rated
XYCat: oh cards

again
yep cards again.

i looked for the recommende specs, cause i rather play all the games i buy on rec. then on minimum.

i have:
GeForce GTS 250
DirectX Support 10.0
DirectX Shader Model 4.0
OpenGL Support 3.0

win7 64 bits
8 gb ram
direct x: 11
2,67ghz quad core
so that should be the rec. for the game minus thet rec. dx11 for the gpu

Thea: The Awakening

Recommended:

Processor: Quad Core 2.5GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 class GPU with 1GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 1 GB available space

why would DX 11 be better for GPU? what would do that to the game compared with a dx 10 GPU?:
more and better voxels or texels or whatever they call that stuff?
or maybe because the devs own a modern pc with all the bells and whistles ?:D
Anyway, i find that world menu a bit irritating all that zooming and turning, thats all kinda redundant to me, it seems its mainly using the card deck so why that annoying wordl map (looks like fallen enchantress (also a annoying zooming menu)

I kinda like cardgames, simple ones that is, i have a few simple ones and also have a very basic one:
Northmark: Hour of the Wolf , thats a simple but very nice game it does not have that fancy (but o so irritating(motionsicknes here) zoom menu) like many modern games have.
So basically that annoying redundant world menu made me hesitate to buy the game at once.

watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBx1yCGtGaY

Thea: the awakening guide - intermediate and advanced overmap

The way that map moves turns my stomach ((game)motionsickness)... and as far as i can see the game is not mainly played on that map so why using it? a small mini map would have been better and faster to move the people and get back to the main card game.
Anywas they have taken stuff from lots of games (map style like fallen enchantress, the rest is like HOMMM
i love HOMMM i have all except that annoying 3d.)

One of the guides to that game made it look like the card is the main part of the game:

Thea: the awakening guide - Advance combat tactics part 1
and the other parts, he spends 90% on the card deck and switches now and then to the main map, other reviewers seem to be on the map all of the time, so its quite confusing.

To prevent a hasty buy i guess i wait till its older and get it much later at a sale or so cause i cant determine whether i be having motionsickness problems with this game cause the videos dont show it clearly enough and demos arent available, maybe on steam but i dont like steam that much steam is too much a hassle before you can finally play or update a game, lots of time has past so steam is not my thing.
Post edited February 02, 2016 by gamesfreak64
Wishlisted.

For those interested there is a lengthy review on SpaceSector.