It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The classic FPS is back on modern computers thanks to the efforts of GOG and Nightdive Studios! Play a game based on the cult fantasy series by Robert Jordan and set in his rich fantasy universe.
Genre: Action, RPG, Strategy
Discount: 10% off until 13th April 2022, 1 PM UTC

Want to know more about The Wheel of Time? Watch the interview with one of the game’s original creators, Glen Dahlgren, performed by kilg0re_tr0ut on his channel on 6th April, at 6 PM UTC.
DalamarNL: Very happy to see this game here on GoG.

Unfortunately Malwarebytes tags as infected and quarantines wot.exe :(
The other thing is: I cannot get technical support for this game?
So, what to do next?
You can check the official subforum and see if there's anything that might help with troubleshooting.
low rated
Now you can be personaly a nazi too, not just a nazi supporter through the books! Yeay!
Strange I never heard of this before.
DalamarNL: Unfortunately Malwarebytes tags as infected and quarantines wot.exe :(
So, what to do next?
It shouldn't be doing that unless a virus on your system has infected the exe.

As with all such silly positives (if it is one), upload the exe file to VirusTotal. If they give a mostly pass, then just make an exception in your AV related program.
ssling: Strange I never heard of this before.
Me neither. It must be something with the game's distribution/publisher in Poland back then.
Nice release. I bought this game back when it came out. It's a pretty typical FPS of it's time with a few strategy elements. It is very atmospheric though. Great soundtrack!
high rated
ICYMI: Unofficial German Language Patch
DalamarNL: Very happy to see this game here on GoG.

Unfortunately Malwarebytes tags as infected and quarantines wot.exe :(
So, what to do next?
I use malwarebytes RTP and dont get that problem on my end. Though I just launched WoT today.
You can submit a sample to malware bytes as false positives and they will look into it. Perhaps some one already has to. And as Timboli suggested above run it through virus total just to be sure.

You can also white list the EXE or even your entire games folder . The likely hood if it actually being a virus is pretty low considering the source it comes from.

Also, not sure why you cant get technical support for the game . You can open a ticket with GOG or contact Nightdive as well.
Post edited April 08, 2022 by greyhat
IHMI :) cool I might be getting this game for next Winter sales
Nice

Now we need Dungeon Master.
Crosmando: Wasn't this game only like a few hours long, and was never given a proper release?
It's not a long game, yes. The reason for that is a switch in direction while the game was being developed. Originally, WoT was supposed to be a lot more strategy-based with managing your stronghold by placing traps, commanding your AI allies and so on. In the final product, that was relegated to the multiplayer aspect IIRC, while the single player portion became a traditional fantasy fps.
Looking forward to getting this at a 60+% discount. Sure it was an under-rated game at the time but FPS games don't age well. If someone is expecting a payout for resurrecting old games with bad programming that don't stand the test of time then I'd be happy to pay $20 for the original Medieval: Total War for example - edit: if it were Linux compatible :)

Used to be a big fan of the books. Unfortunately for this campaign being a fan of the books means that I am happy to wait a long time and my expectations after 32 years have only decreased :)
Post edited April 11, 2022 by lupineshadow
Just caught an ad for this on YouTube. Pretty cool, glad it was different from the Elex 2 ad. Does feel like a wasted ad since obviously I'm already very aware of GOG, but it is what it is.