It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A single spark of courage can ignite the fires of hope.

<span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, a stylish action-adventure chronicling one man's fight for revenge in Nazi-occupied France, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

Sabotage really is an underappreciated art. Not only does it require copious amounts of creativity, street smarts, patience, and bravado, it can also help oppressed people survive an occupation long enough until the time is ripe to fight back. Racecar mechanic Sean Devlin wasn't planning on becoming a saboteur, but when his best friend gets killed by a sadistic German officer, he finds himself joining the French resistance, willing to cause some mayhem and avenge his buddy's death in the process. As he's running across rooftops, engaging in shootouts, and blowing up enemy assets, the black and white Parisian districts will gradually get more colorful, signifying the locals' growing confidence against the receding oppressors. Vive la résistance!

Work the streets and shadows of Paris and push back the German occupation forces in <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until September 29, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FgvgAY74c_Y
Post edited September 22, 2016 by maladr0Id
Leroux: Apparantly GOG uses the US prices which are equally high on all stores. Beats me why the games are cheaper in Europe. Must be those high VATs over in the US. Oh wait ... :P
Painted_Doll: Gog version with the 50% off discount : €9.09
EA Origin base price : €4.99 ( €2.50 with the current EA promo code )
I'm aware of that. But those are the European prices, I was talking about GOG using the US prices which are $19.99 on Origin, Steam and GOG.
Post edited September 22, 2016 by Leroux
magikyr: the radeon bug was that the game freeze after a while and the sound goes on ...
I don't recall encountering said issue. Win10, i5 6500, RX 480, so I think both the quad core and the amd GPU was covered. I'd say it's fixed, but you may want a second verification as well.
Hypocrisy88888888: germans are people too dumbass
Silverhawk170485: There are already several games where you can play the Nazis. Mostly in strategy games like Blitzkrieg, Hearts of Iron etc.. But I don't know a GTA like game where you can play the Nazis.

We don't have to be morale apostles because playing terrorists in Counter Strike (the most played shooter worldwide) is bad too if you look at current events worldwide.

And the RAF were Communists not Nazis, by the way.
That was the first thing that came to mind for for "resisting" allied influence... and everything else.

Yeah, otherwise nailed it; I know strategy games. I guess its easier there since the overview gives it a certain seperation from the very personal level of an 3rd person game.
MBiL_248: I know, it's not very likely, but did you try the German version as well?
Wolfram_von_Thal: The german version I own from retail is the european version with english and german voices and texts. In this version all the symbols are there - but they don't mention terms like "Führer" (here it's "Kanzler"), "Nazi" ("Germans"), "Gestapo" ("Geheimpolizei") or even "Kriegsmarine" ("Marine"). So there is definitely a german version with swastikas. But is this the same version here? GOG?
I've bought and downloaded it and I can affirm now: it's completely uncensored, even in German. :-)
Leroux: Apparantly GOG uses the US prices which are equally high on all stores. Beats me why the games are cheaper in Europe. Must be those high VATs over in the US. Oh wait ... :P
Painted_Doll: Gog version with the 50% off discount : €9.09
EA Origin base price : €4.99 ( €2.50 with the current EA promo code )
1,24 EUR by amazon (Origin download code)... https://www.amazon.de/dp/B007LTOUP4/

but i prefer the drm free gog version and pay the 9,09 EUR ...

i think also the price is to high but i love gog and only bought here something ;)
Post edited September 22, 2016 by magikyr
Nazis, guns, and nice cars? Yes please!

But I'll have to wait for a better price, unfortunately.
magikyr: the radeon bug was that the game freeze after a while and the sound goes on ...
JMich: I don't recall encountering said issue. Win10, i5 6500, RX 480, so I think both the quad core and the amd GPU was covered. I'd say it's fixed, but you may want a second verification as well.
i habe bought it 1 hour ago ;)

iam at download and the intrest was if the bug is fixed i don't need a second verification that was you say is enought

thanks
Post edited September 22, 2016 by magikyr
I'm glad to see this finally come to GOG. I bought it when it first came out because a guy in my WoW guild worked on it. I never got around to playing it, though, since, uhm, I was playing WoW. Anyway, I'm happy to get the GOG version.
I've noticed some cars in the trailer. Does that mean this game is an open-world sandbox?
hmm...

Good regional price for me, but this game doesn't support spanish...
Attachments:
This if fantastic news, Saboteur, Mirror's Edge and Spore COllection FINALLY DRM-Free. But at the same time I don't feel like buying them the 3rd time. I paid for their crappy Securom DRM and then I paid for their Origin crap, because the initial releases didn't work anymore. Not to mention that, after a while they did smarten up and offered the Origin versions for free if you contacted support and offer them a proof of purchase.

Now they FINALLY give up on their DRM and charge people like me again. And even with the current discount, the prices are from my point of view ridiculously high. I guess enough people bought Dead Space and Dragon Age, if we were lucky enough to get these :(
JMich: Can't find any smuggler selling Super RDX, though I did manage to identify my last save before I got said perk. Will attempt to verify that bug when I have the time.
It's specifically the 'Blockbuster perk' under demolitions where you've to destroy 3 Wulf tanks using RDX or dynamite which unlocks the Super RDX upgrade. It would be great if this bug was fixed too so you don't have to keep reloading a previous save just to play around with the super RDX.

Now that more EA games have released on GOG, is there a possibility for Road Rash ?
IronArcturus: I've noticed some cars in the trailer. Does that mean this game is an open-world sandbox?
The map is that of Paris and the surrounding countryside. Different zones in Paris require different papers to go through, so the city opens up gradually (you can always skip the checkpoints or run through them and hope you can evade the enemies of course). There is quite a bit of driving around as well, but I'm not sure if I'd call it open world or not. Assassin's Creed is the closest approximation, so if you think of AC as open world, then yes, The Saboteur is open world.
PapaShango: It's specifically the 'Blockbuster perk' under demolitions where you've to destroy 3 Wulf tanks using RDX or dynamite which unlocks the Super RDX upgrade.
Yeah, my two closest saves are one where I have 2/3 Wulf tanks destroyed and one where I have all 3 of them destroyed, but I still didn't see any super RDX on the smugglers. Will have to look for another Wulf tank so I can destroy it, see if super RDX appears, then die and see if it remains. But considering I didn't see it on any of the other saves, I fear that the bug still exists.
Post edited September 22, 2016 by JMich
IronArcturus: I've noticed some cars in the trailer. Does that mean this game is an open-world sandbox?
JMich: The map is that of Paris and the surrounding countryside. Different zones in Paris require different papers to go through, so the city opens up gradually (you can always skip the checkpoints or run through them and hope you can evade the enemies of course). There is quite a bit of driving around as well, but I'm not sure if I'd call it open world or not. Assassin's Creed is the closest approximation, so if you think of AC as open world, then yes, The Saboteur is open world.
Sounds cool! Thanks for the info!
Wolfram_von_Thal: The german version I own from retail is the european version with english and german voices and texts. In this version all the symbols are there - but they don't mention terms like "Führer" (here it's "Kanzler"), "Nazi" ("Germans"), "Gestapo" ("Geheimpolizei") or even "Kriegsmarine" ("Marine"). So there is definitely a german version with swastikas. But is this the same version here? GOG?
MBiL_248: I've bought and downloaded it and I can affirm now: it's completely uncensored, even in German. :-)
Great to hear, thanks for the info! I'll pick it up myself eventually. :)
To be honest, I prefer the german voiceacting in this game to the original - mainly because most of the german words are pronounced so terribly wrong in the english version.