It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A single spark of courage can ignite the fires of hope.

<span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, a stylish action-adventure chronicling one man's fight for revenge in Nazi-occupied France, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

Sabotage really is an underappreciated art. Not only does it require copious amounts of creativity, street smarts, patience, and bravado, it can also help oppressed people survive an occupation long enough until the time is ripe to fight back. Racecar mechanic Sean Devlin wasn't planning on becoming a saboteur, but when his best friend gets killed by a sadistic German officer, he finds himself joining the French resistance, willing to cause some mayhem and avenge his buddy's death in the process. As he's running across rooftops, engaging in shootouts, and blowing up enemy assets, the black and white Parisian districts will gradually get more colorful, signifying the locals' growing confidence against the receding oppressors. Vive la résistance!

Work the streets and shadows of Paris and push back the German occupation forces in <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until September 29, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FgvgAY74c_Y
Post edited September 22, 2016 by maladr0Id
MBiL_248: I've bought and downloaded it and I can affirm now: it's completely uncensored, even in German. :-)
Wolfram_von_Thal: Great to hear, thanks for the info! I'll pick it up myself eventually. :)
To be honest, I prefer the german voiceacting in this game to the original - mainly because most of the german words are pronounced so terribly wrong in the english version.
You're welcome. There's a little issue with the video setup at the moment - you should make your configuration while the game is set to English, then you can change to the German version. The English config.ini is the only one the game can read. A GOG staff member will look into that matter.
high rated
Silverhawk170485: There are already several games where you can play the Nazis. Mostly in strategy games like Blitzkrieg, Hearts of Iron etc.. But I don't know a GTA like game where you can play the Nazis.

We don't have to be morale apostles because playing terrorists in Counter Strike (the most played shooter worldwide) is bad too if you look at current events worldwide.

And the RAF were Communists not Nazis, by the way.
anothername: That was the first thing that came to mind for for "resisting" allied influence... and everything else.

Yeah, otherwise nailed it; I know strategy games. I guess its easier there since the overview gives it a certain seperation from the very personal level of an 3rd person game.
Playing the bad guy is nothing new and scandalous in videogames.

I don't even have a problem with playing a 3rd person game where you play a Nazi. I think if it has a proper story (with historical correctness) it will be more interesting than playing another game with a hero story you already saw and heared over and over again.

You can't prevent that a Nazi plays such a game but you also can't prevent that an IS Terrorist plays the terrorist in Counter Strike or that a suicidal person plays Hatered. Other way round not every person who plays Hatered is a suicidal person, not every person who plays the terrorists in Counter Strike is an IS terrorist and not every person who thinks it's interesting playing a Nazi in a game is a Nazi.

In my opinion it's not ok saying "this is ok but that not". This would be some kind of double standard.
Post edited September 22, 2016 by Silverhawk170485
This game looks good, nice graphics and good atmosphere. But I'll wait for more reports on technical issues and if the game runs under Wine.

As this game seems to be quite dark, can you adjust the brightness in the game?
eiii: As this game seems to be quite dark, can you adjust the brightness in the game?
Yes. First run asks you to adjust brightness until the symbol is barely visible, but you are free to adjust it to your liking. I think you may need to go through a couple of hoops to get the brightness control at a later point, but you still can from what I recall.
Nice! I've been interested in this game for quite a while because I like "old-school" FPS, but I'm not sure if I like the setting, so I'll wait and think about it before plunging. Still, thank you, EA and GOG, for releasing this kind-of-rare game!
Tyrrhia: I like "old-school" FPS,
The Saboteur is not an FPS. It's a 3rd person action (with some shooting as well), but definitely not an FPS.
Tyrrhia: Nice! I've been interested in this game for quite a while because I like "old-school" FPS
Looks more like a modern open world TPS.

EDIT: Maybe not really TPS either. The Greek Ninja already described it better than me. :)
Post edited September 22, 2016 by Leroux
For Linuxusers (tested with PlayOnLinux):

Game: Saboteur

Distro: Debian Jessie 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.6.0-0.bpo.1-amd64
Graphics card: AMD R9280X
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary fglrx 15.12-2~bpo8+3
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.19-staging

Notes:
Make a clean 32-bit prefix if you don't already have one. You have to change the language via language_setup.exe. The VideoSetup.exe crashed every time. You have to set the videosetting via config.ini.
You will find this .ini:
~/Dokumente(?I think in english documents?)/My Games/The Saboteur™/SaveGames/

How well does it run:
Runs well at the beginning. I have tested it for a short time.
Post edited September 22, 2016 by Patsche85
JMich: The Saboteur is not an FPS. It's a 3rd person action (with some shooting as well), but definitely not an FPS.
Leroux: Looks more like a modern open world TPS.
Oops. I meant "shooters" in general. I did not want to be that specific (and wrong), but my brain apparently decided otherwise. :P
anothername: Yeah, otherwise nailed it; I know strategy games. I guess its easier there since the overview gives it a certain seperation from the very personal level of an 3rd person game.
Without going that close, you can also walk the brigde between strategy and 3rd person by playing sub simulators (some really put you in the shoes of the captain) or plane simulators (you're still a plane more than a pilot, but it's still more personal and individual than directing troops or countries). And it's quite consensual too.

(And don't multiplayer ww2 shooters let you play as a nazi ?)
Post edited September 22, 2016 by Telika
Sheesh, look at that price tag...19 bucks, really?
Well, whatever...the more important question being; is this the US version? (Swastikas and references to the Nazis)
NuffCatnip: Sheesh, look at that price tag...19 bucks, really?
Well, whatever...the more important question being; is this the US version? (Swastikas and references to the Nazis)
As mentioned before: It's completely uncut.
NuffCatnip: Sheesh, look at that price tag...19 bucks, really?
MBiL_248: As mentioned before: It's completely uncut.
Neat, thanks!
Sorry just got home from work and I didn't read the posts. :)
MBiL_248: As mentioned before: It's completely uncut.
NuffCatnip: Neat, thanks!
Sorry just got home from work and I didn't read the posts. :)
No problem, that's absolutely understandable. :-)
Painted_Doll: Gog version with the 50% off discount : €9.09
EA Origin base price : €4.99 ( €2.50 with the current EA promo code )
magikyr: 1,24 EUR by amazon (Origin download code)... https://www.amazon.de/dp/B007LTOUP4/

but i prefer the drm free gog version and pay the 9,09 EUR ...
Meh, that's quite a difference, more than 90% off of the current base price on GOG. Although I also would prefer to buy the game on GOG I do not support such a price policy. I'm willing to pay a little extra for a DRM free version, but not that much. Looks like I have to wait for a good sale, until the price drops down to at least the EA base price.