It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Adventure gaming's greatest sci-fi collaboration.

<span class="bold">The Dig&reg;</span>, a Lucasfilm adventure designed by Sci-fi's greatest, is available now - DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

For Lucasfilm, <span class="bold">The Dig&reg;</span> was a departure from the ways of fun little adventure games they treaded so heavily by 1995. Instead, it was a serious and mature story in a realistic Sci-fi setting. The game had a turbulent history, but benefited from collaboration with some of Sci-fi's greatest creative minds - those include Orson Scott Card, Steven Spielberg, and LOOM's Brian Moriarty - as well as an immense (for its time) development budget. The end result was a flawed, though beautifully hand-drawn adventure game. More than that though, it was a fascinatingly abstract story of alien worlds, immortality, and death. Plenty of death. Time has been kind to <span class="bold">The Dig&reg;</span>, especially when you can approach it (with a bit of help) as an interactive Sci-fi novel, and Lucasfilm's curious departure from the norm.

Excavate the secrets of a lifeless alien world in <span class="bold">The Dig&reg;</span>, available now - DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for one week, until Thursday, March 26 at 1:59 PM GMT.
Here is to hoping you fix the offset that LucasArts had on the turtle/breast revival puzzle.

Other wise this a Great Scumm based Adventure Game.
You got explosions, death, resurrections, big monsters, space travel, and hard but not impossible puzzles.
And it may want you to take part in a 'Dig'.
Post edited March 20, 2015 by Lord1238
This looks like a very interesting game. Wishlisted!
Amazing game! I Thx gog!!!
moonshineshadow: So I don't need to step up and also ask where the German versions of the adventures are and if you need files? :P
JudasIscariot: No, but thank you for the offer :D

This question has been asked already several times over :P
Well... Surely, you would have received more request about other languages as well...

But anyway: It must be hard, but you did on Sam&Max, Fate of Atlantis, etc... include the Spanish version please. There were two version, first spanish text+english voices and a full Spanish text+voices version.

I'll wait my purchase until it's added. And if you need the files, just ask.
tokisto: And thanks for bringing the novell in brazillian languague!
JudasIscariot: Glad you like it :) I'm happy we were allowed to include that version of the novel :)
Kinda weird that it uses my restored artwork from my LucasArts Posters project (http://poster.mixnmojo.com) as a cover though ;-)
JudasIscariot: Glad you like it :) I'm happy we were allowed to include that version of the novel :)
Laserschwert: Kinda weird that it uses my restored artwork from my LucasArts Posters project (http://poster.mixnmojo.com) as a cover though ;-)
Ah nice spot for cover art. They all look pretty good.
Great game! I still have my good old Brazilian CD around here somewhere. I remember finding it strange that they translated the PIG as the KIT, I guess PORCO wouldn't make much sense in the game. :P

(The game has PT-BR subtitles only, I don't recall it being perfectly translated, but very good overall).

The novella wasn't packed with my copy of the game either, as far as I remember.
Post edited March 20, 2015 by Falci
Can you publish spanish version or there is something about rights?
I have it on CD, a budget release with manual in PDF file.
Excellent release, heard so many great things about this game! Wishlisted for now, as I spent the last of my gaming funds on Indy and Outlaws, but a most definite purchase in the future! Thank you GOG and Disney!
I'm so glad this game made it here. It's one of the best I've played. Too bad the amazing OST is not bundled as an extra.
Hmmm...interesting speculation going on about Brian Moriarty's version of the game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1090170

"There is a rumour going around that Disney is working on remaking or finishing an alternate, so far unreleased version of The Dig, and is planning on releasing it on November 30th. This version was created by Brian Moriarty (famous for Loom and Fate of Atlantis) before moving on from the project later. The game that was eventually released was very different, and very much smaller in scale and ambition (made by a team led by Sean Clark)."
andysheets1975: Hmmm...interesting speculation going on about Brian Moriarty's version of the game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1090170

"There is a rumour going around that Disney is working on remaking or finishing an alternate, so far unreleased version of The Dig, and is planning on releasing it on November 30th. This version was created by Brian Moriarty (famous for Loom and Fate of Atlantis) before moving on from the project later. The game that was eventually released was very different, and very much smaller in scale and ambition (made by a team led by Sean Clark)."
Well, we have to wait a while to see.
I would be happy to see a remake or reinvision of the material. Yet I struggle to see why Disney would be paying to have a reinvision made, rather then just getting a sequel made.