It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Adventure gaming's greatest sci-fi collaboration.

<span class="bold">The Dig&reg;</span>, a Lucasfilm adventure designed by Sci-fi's greatest, is available now - DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

For Lucasfilm, <span class="bold">The Dig&reg;</span> was a departure from the ways of fun little adventure games they treaded so heavily by 1995. Instead, it was a serious and mature story in a realistic Sci-fi setting. The game had a turbulent history, but benefited from collaboration with some of Sci-fi's greatest creative minds - those include Orson Scott Card, Steven Spielberg, and LOOM's Brian Moriarty - as well as an immense (for its time) development budget. The end result was a flawed, though beautifully hand-drawn adventure game. More than that though, it was a fascinatingly abstract story of alien worlds, immortality, and death. Plenty of death. Time has been kind to <span class="bold">The Dig&reg;</span>, especially when you can approach it (with a bit of help) as an interactive Sci-fi novel, and Lucasfilm's curious departure from the norm.

Excavate the secrets of a lifeless alien world in <span class="bold">The Dig&reg;</span>, available now - DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for one week, until Thursday, March 26 at 1:59 PM GMT.
I have been waiting for this one to come to GOG for years. I can't tell you how different this title was from any other game when it was released. (The giant marble transport system was awesome rendering for the time!) Even more than the graphics, the storyline remains in my memory to this day.
This is the game I always wanted to play. It's gonna be mine ...tonight :-D
Tried to play this game as a child a lot, having no idea what I was doing and even that enjoying. Now it time to revive this experience in its fullness! And thanks for bringing the novell in brazillian languague!
Instabuy. Great mature adventure, lovely graphics and such a story!
For me this is the most underrated Lucasfilm adventure game. Well worth playing!
Hmm. If LucasArts adventures have always had a bit of a problem with illogical puzzles, The Dig was the one that brought that problem to an extreme. I really enjoyed the story (at least as far as I got), and it did a good job for its time of keeping the character stereotypes to a minimum, but the puzzles just drove me fucking insane eventually, and I'm not keen on using walkthroughs to cheat my way through.
That game sounds pretty good, why have I never heard of it?
Awesome game. Will have to replay it if only to see how good the english voiceovers are... Boston Low had the french voice of Bruce Willis, which fitted perfectly somehow.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by Erich_Zann
Never got to play this back in the day. Definitely excited.
read alot about this one, saw 1000 posts, but somehow i never got this game to play nor in my possesion

but now i have :D thank you gog

just bought

monkey island™ 2 special edition: lechuck’s revenge™
zak mckracken and the alien mindbenders
loom™
the dig®
Such a great game.
One of my all time favourites.
Already own it on steam, but reckon I will pick it up here too.
Just love it that much!

Great job GOG!
Thank you so much, GOG.

This is what I'm doing right now: http://i.imgur.com/EvZzcEV.gif
SERIOUSLY....OVERJOYED (w/ Linux support!)

Thank you GOG for again delivering one of the best gaming experiences from my youth.
PC Gamer did a nice reinstall article a few issues back on this.