It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today two vampiric action games receive an updated, enhanced versions thanks to Ziggurat Interactive. BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut are now available on GOG.COM, both with 34% discounts lasting until 27th November 2020, 2:15 PM UTC. Join beautiful yet deadly vampire Rayne on her quest to save the world from supernatural threats!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Well installing BR1 to replay, haven't done it for a few years.

I'm hoping for a few things.
1) Improved textures/models
2) Maybe a little more fan-service (Other than the butcher lady whose boobs are almost falling from her top)
3) A little more in the intro section or missions that expand on Rayne or on her mentor.
4) Better cutscenes?

As for BR2 when i get to it.... Don't make every puzzle require you to use dozens of bodies.... (That was what really annoyed me in the end) Graphically i remember it being good but the story reading like a comic book.

edit: Well that was fast for impressions... First multiple monitors seems to be confused because i have to set it to Monitor 2 to get Monitor 1. And Bink playback is borked to some degree.

edit2: Graphically it looks more or less the same. Cutscenes run at a 20fps or something without intermediate interpretation. Other than a few graphical tweaks where you can enable Bump mapping, Antialiasing, water reflections, and says higher textures. Having water reflections takes the game for me to about 15fps, though turning settings on lower gets me to a HD resolution that's playable.

The download is 6.84Gb, however looking at the Bink video files alone includes Spanish, french, Italian, and russian taking 3Gb of space. Probably a few hundred more megs are in alternate audio too.

From initial impressions, i'd hoped for more.

Looking closely a few of the models look really detailed. But maybe what's really missing as i got into it a while, is there's no music. Maybe that's just the intro section, but the rave music in the back ground i remember being kick-ass and setting the tone.
Attachments:
rayne.jpg (203 Kb)
kazi.jpg (204 Kb)
Post edited November 28, 2020 by rtcvb32
I just want to say thank you to the publishers/dev and to GOG for giving the Terminal Cuts to owners of the legacy versions for free (and even to those who got them before they were removed from the German store)! It made me give the games a second chance, and I found out BloodRayne is actually quite fun and not as frustrating and uninteresting as I thought the first time around, when I played the demo and later the old version on GOG. This time I got really into it, and I probably wouldn't have made another try, if the free Terminal Cuts wouldn't have reminded me of the game and given me a new incentive. The first time, ignorant me had also been totally oblivious to the fact that Rayne is voiced by Laura Bailey, which now adds greatly to the fun as well. :)
Both original games have disappeared from the "Games" tab in profile.

If you have original games on your account, you can make sure they are not in this list:
www.gog.com/u/*insert your profile name here*/games

As a result, GOG Galaxy no longer recognizes these games, and the time spent in both games doesn't appear in the "Recently played" section in profile.

Looks like GOG broke something while adding Terminal Cuts to the owners of the original games. It's definitely not related to the delisting of the original games, because all other games that were also delisted are still in this list.

I've already notified support about this issue, but haven't received any response yet. I hope they can fix it.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Both original games have disappeared from the "Games" tab in profile.
I assume you're talking about Galaxy only? In the web browser they are still listed as individual entries on my game page, but they have been renamed to "BloodRayne (Legacy)" and "BloodRayne 2 (Legacy)".
Leroux: In the web browser they are still listed as individual entries on my game page, but they have been renamed to "BloodRayne (Legacy)" and "BloodRayne 2 (Legacy)".
Are you sure you are looking for original games in your profile (here) and not in your library on the site?
Leroux: In the web browser they are still listed as individual entries on my game page, but they have been renamed to "BloodRayne (Legacy)" and "BloodRayne 2 (Legacy)".
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Are you sure you are looking for original games in your profile (here) and not in your library on the site?
No, I was just looking at my library. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't sure what you're referring to. I have the profile function on GOG disabled, so I guess that's why your link did not work for me.