It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The right song will make you strong.

Songbringer is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
A sci-fi action RPG with procedurally-generated worlds and a focus on powerful, long-lost technological devices, secrets, dungeons, bosses, and looking particularly amazing. A recipe for perfection? We think so.

"“Millions of unique worlds? Zelda-style exploration, combat, and puzzling? Be still, my beating heart.”Kotaku

Trailer!
Post edited September 01, 2017 by GOG_Solostran
adaliabooks: Buy enough of their games for them to afford artists and they probably will.

I know some games do choose to use retro graphics for whatever reason, but for most indies it's just a matter of that's all they can make / afford.
tfishell: Yeah this forum doesn't seem to try to emphasize with indie devs; not all of them can afford high-resolution pixel art. (Don't get me wrong, the visuals are hard on my eyes too, but I guess as an (perpetual) amateur artist I can understand somewhat the trials and tribulations involved here.)

That being said, more devs could try Illustrator-built vector graphics scale more easily (and then edited in Photoshop), like in the style of A Night in the Woods. (Then the forum will complain that the graphics look like a mobile game. :P)
Also, to put things in perspective, this game was literally created by one guy, both art and coding. I assume he had to teach himself game art when making this game.

So Songbringer is not as slick as, say, Hyper Light Drifter, but I mean...*shrugs shoulders.*