It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You can't kill the metal, the metal will slay on!

<span class="bold">Slain: Back From Hell</span>, the glorious re-launch of the heavy-metal action/platformer, now galvanized with facemelting improvements, is available DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac, and Linux, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and a 33% launch discount.
Those who already owned the original version before the update came out, will get Back From Hell for free plus an additional copy which they can gift to a headbanger friend! Just go to Slain: Back From Hell in your library and click on the box for a message that contains your gift code.

Metalheads, sharpen your oversized swords and prepare your sensitive ears. This is the epic, gory, and totally heavy-metal story of Bathoryn, the long-haired hero that decided to storm six creepy-looking towers, home to six terrible overlords. Will you help him wipe the toothy grins off their ugly mugs or will you let him get Slain?

Bathoryn's adventure was off to a rocky start, but Hell cannot contain his passion for action/platforming carnage. This re-launch brings huge changes across the board, including:

- Recalibrated combat and difficulty curve
- Three new boss fights and changed monster attack patterns
- Overhaul of certain visual elements, improved controls, and functionality
- New dialogue, story elements, and sequences
- Tons of other tweaks and fixes

It's finally time for that overpowering encore you've been waiting for! Steel your heart and hand with heavy-metal and stage-dive into <span class="bold">Slain: Back From Hell</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. Or raise the volume to godlike levels with the <span class="bold">Deluxe Edition</span> upgrade, which includes the 20-track OST by Curt Victor Bryant, a digital postcard, a wicked wallpaper, and other surprises!
The 33% discount will last until August 22, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0YIYa4R0_Vs
Post edited August 19, 2016 by maladr0Id
Maybe I am just retarded. or never satisfied. or both: so you put in work to fix a symptom of a utterly broken review system. thanks. better than nothin. still, you introduce shiny new stuff every other week. why don't you invest a little more time and try to overhaul the system? hands-down, yours is among the worst on the web. capped, no sorting options whatsoever, no user friendly edit option and it's well documented that for about a year or so for many guys it is simply impossible to even post reviews because they get lost in the void without a trace. so all in all, even if you showed only a half-hearted effort that would turn it from despicable to half way decent this would actually be a big deal, given the extremly low standard.
If anyone missed that, the game was actually crowdfunded originally: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1348640000/slain/description
LausNub: Maybe I am just retarded. or never satisfied. or both: so you put in work to fix a symptom of a utterly broken review system. thanks. better than nothin. still, you introduce shiny new stuff every other week. why don't you invest a little more time and try to overhaul the system? hands-down, yours is among the worst on the web. capped, no sorting options whatsoever, no user friendly edit option and it's well documented that for about a year or so for many guys it is simply impossible to even post reviews because they get lost in the void without a trace. so all in all, even if you showed only a half-hearted effort that would turn it from despicable to half way decent this would actually be a big deal, given the extremly low standard.
it didn't hit me until the last line of your post that you were talking about the review system and not the game lol
BrokenBull: How is Slain with the update so far? It wasn't well received on release.
IAmSinistar: Played some over the weekend and it is much improved. The combat is a lot better, and has a tactical side with the well-timed block-and-strike method. The waypoints seem more sanely placed, and you can harvest mana from enemies by defeating them certain ways. I had no trouble getting through the first world and into the world hub. I'd say if this is your kind of game genre then you'll probably like this one, as the gameplay finally matches the promise.
Finally. I was hands off this one until it has been improved. I'll catch it on the next sale. Thanks, much appreciated.
BrokenBull: Finally. I was hands off this one until it has been improved. I'll catch it on the next sale. Thanks, much appreciated.
My pleasure, and I hope you enjoy it!
shmerl: If anyone missed that, the game was actually crowdfunded originally: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1348640000/slain/description
Yeaaaah...19k$ isn't going to be nearly enough to cover the cost for making a game like this. So i wouldn't count it as being a crowdfunded project. Partially crowdfunded for sure.

The gameplay is pretty cool...reminiscent of older games yet still fun enough to keep me playing. And the atmosphere is awesome ! Great music as well.
I'm really glad they turned it around, i waited until they did and can't say i'm disappointed, i really like the game ^^
LausNub: Hello dear gog-staffers,
rereleases and in-dev-releases might be cool and all, but there is still no simple way to edit old reviews? So while looking at the store page of this game, I get hit by dozens of old reviews that tell me how shitty the original version is/was.
I know, this might come as a big surprise, but did it ever occur to you that an "edit" option (as revolutionary as it might seem) could actually make your subpar review system a bit less subpar?
At least you managed to get a review in. I made a review for the game and it's still not showing, for some reason.
Post edited August 24, 2016 by Faenrir
No pal, I didn't. I belong to the group of those who can't post any reviews as well (at least no more, wasn't always the case). Still, I know people who wanted to edit their old reviews. For this game and in general.
mchack: Woo, what a neat deal. A dev that not only reworks an existing game instead of abandoning it and then gives it to owners of the original for free instead of making them buy the new version again. No not only that, but gives away a second copy for free to gift to friends. How fucking cool is that? damn, color me impressed!
That's behaviour we want to see from Devs. I'll add this to my wishlist now.

I Should probably look into what the game is about :)
deleted