It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You can't kill the metal, the metal will slay on!

<span class="bold">Slain: Back From Hell</span>, the glorious re-launch of the heavy-metal action/platformer, now galvanized with facemelting improvements, is available DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac, and Linux, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and a 33% launch discount.
Those who already owned the original version before the update came out, will get Back From Hell for free plus an additional copy which they can gift to a headbanger friend! Just go to Slain: Back From Hell in your library and click on the box for a message that contains your gift code.

Metalheads, sharpen your oversized swords and prepare your sensitive ears. This is the epic, gory, and totally heavy-metal story of Bathoryn, the long-haired hero that decided to storm six creepy-looking towers, home to six terrible overlords. Will you help him wipe the toothy grins off their ugly mugs or will you let him get Slain?

Bathoryn's adventure was off to a rocky start, but Hell cannot contain his passion for action/platforming carnage. This re-launch brings huge changes across the board, including:

- Recalibrated combat and difficulty curve
- Three new boss fights and changed monster attack patterns
- Overhaul of certain visual elements, improved controls, and functionality
- New dialogue, story elements, and sequences
- Tons of other tweaks and fixes

It's finally time for that overpowering encore you've been waiting for! Steel your heart and hand with heavy-metal and stage-dive into <span class="bold">Slain: Back From Hell</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. Or raise the volume to godlike levels with the <span class="bold">Deluxe Edition</span> upgrade, which includes the 20-track OST by Curt Victor Bryant, a digital postcard, a wicked wallpaper, and other surprises!
The 33% discount will last until August 22, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0YIYa4R0_Vs
Post edited August 19, 2016 by maladr0Id
If you want to review it again, you can do that on the Deluxe Edition page!

I think this game deserves a second change.
8Bit is showing off the game on the GOGcom twitch channel right now!

https://www.twitch.tv/gogcom

("right now " meaning from 6pm to 9pm CEST)
Finally! I've been following updates over on Steam for weeks, looking forward to playing this.
Post edited August 20, 2016 by chevkoch
This game wasn't even on my radar and I completely missed the first launch of it. I recently saw the GOG mention of it and read the initial reviews and was disappointed because it looked killer. (I'm a huge death/black metal fan.) Upon reading reviews about the Back From Hell version, I decided to go for it.

The game is a ton of fun with great atmosphere and is challenging. (But not challenging in the "Video Game Nerd" sense - as in a bunch of bullsh*t killing you.) I played with both the keyboard and the gamepad and found both responsive and enjoyable.

Sometimes the checkpoints are a bit of a frustration because it can feel like the sections are very long or loaded, but after a while you get the feel and the rhythm and the tactic and you get through it without much problem.

I really enjoy the game and I think if you bought the game on the initial release, you should give it a go again.
It's times like these that I regret not using the newly introduced 'friends' system. How will anybody know that I consider them a friend, now??? Sad face.
low rated
GOG.com: Slain: Back From Hell
Forgive the language but, WHAT THE F*CK GOG?

"Deluxe Edition Includes

-Digital Postcard
-Wallpaper
-Poster
-Other surprise arts!
-Full 20 track Soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant"

PRICED about the same as the damn game, the "free" extras you used to give your customers? That was one of your selling points, "principles" to stand out among the concurrence of other storefronts, BY THE FUC*ING WAY!!!

PS : Before "it's not GOG decision bla bla" I do not care. I expect GOG to either give such extras as the OST and wallpapers, artwork for free as it used to, or decide to refuse (allowing the) selling (of) such a bad joke of a "deluxe edition upgrade" at all, in order to not add insult to injury, PERIOD.
Post edited August 21, 2016 by koima57
Maybe cry about it some more? Are you a stray cat who was fed once and now sits at the door meowing for eternity because you want more free food? Pay for the shit you want like an adult, don't beg and act like a child.
wyrenn: Maybe cry about it some more? Are you a stray cat who was fed once and now sits at the door meowing for eternity because you want more free food? Pay for the shit you want like an adult, don't beg and act like a child.
Hello; is that "free" vitriol directed to me?
koima57: Forgive the language but, WHAT THE F*CK GOG?

"Deluxe Edition Includes

-Digital Postcard
-Wallpaper
-Poster
-Other surprise arts!
-Full 20 track Soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant"

PRICED about the same as the damn game, the "free" extras you used to give your customers? That was one of your selling points, "principles" to stand out among the concurrence of other storefronts, BY THE FUC*ING WAY!!!

PS : Before "it's not GOG decision bla bla" I do not care. I expect GOG to either give such extras as the OST and wallpapers, artwork for free as it used to, or decide to refuse (allowing the) selling (of) such a bad joke of a "deluxe edition upgrade" at all, in order to not add insult to injury, PERIOD.
Khmm . Is it free ? http://store.steampowered.com/app/457120
Post edited August 21, 2016 by Painted_Doll
This game looks like fun, shame about the lack of money! >_<
wyrenn: Maybe cry about it some more? Are you a stray cat who was fed once and now sits at the door meowing for eternity because you want more free food? Pay for the shit you want like an adult, don't beg and act like a child.
koima57: Hello; is that "free" vitriol directed to me?
well what would you suggest gog do? not sell it at all, so that whoever wants it can run to steam to buy it?
koima57: Hello; is that "free" vitriol directed to me?
fortune_p_dawg: well what would you suggest gog do? not sell it at all, so that whoever wants it can run to steam to buy it?
I suggest GOG to stick with their claimed principles, and at the very least to communicate on the lack / convenient disappearance of such. I am not going to bother searching around the internet to "prove my point" to strangers of this community. But users who joined GOG some years ago understand my post and can only agree with me, or be complete hypocrites to disagree.

On this point, yes I expect OST, wallpaper, etc to come as the extras GOG used to give his customers or not be sold as "deluxe upgrade", it is just a bad and sad joke.

Some source :

"Website Help - What is GOG.com?

Frequently asked questions

1. What is GOG.com about and what are its features?

GOG.com is a digital distribution platform serving fantastic computer games and movies at kick-ass prices. And no, it's not “just a store” - it's the site that's all about the greatest games ever and the people who play them. We've got critically acclaimed games, with tons of all-time classics for just $5.99 and $9.99, along with modern games from AAA to Indie, bundled with heaps of free downloadable content and exclusive add-ons, no DRM or intrusive copy protection and full compatibility with Windows XP & Vista. Most of our games are compatible with Windows 7 as well, and many work natively on Mac OS X 10.6+ and Linux - it's all right there on every product page.
While games form the bulk and core of our offering, we've also recently introduced movies on top of that. Make sure to check that out, too!"

Bolded the important and apparently false claims advertised by GOG... Just the tip of the shit.

Enjoy the read.

https://www.gog.com/support/website_help/what_is_gog_com

Please notice my message is intended to the blue staff... Also, this childish, petty "fight" between GOG and Steam impersonated by RANDOM PEOPLE / USERS acting like some kind of cannon fodder at the throat of each other, this shit taking over most conversations lead is getting old, boring and misguided. Who purchase games here accept the conditions, and expect a certain service, AKA the one advertised by GOG themselves, HELL. :/
fortune_p_dawg: well what would you suggest gog do? not sell it at all, so that whoever wants it can run to steam to buy it?
koima57: I suggest GOG to stick with their principles, and at the very least to communciate on the lack of such. I am not going top bother searching around to "prove my point" to strangers of this community. But users who joined GOG some years ago understand my post and can only agree with me, or be complete hypocrites to disagree.

On this point, yes I expect OST, wallpaper etc to come as the extras GOG used to give his customers or not be sold as "deluxe upgrade", it is just a joke.

Some source :

"Website HelpWhat is GOG.com?
GOG.com is a digital distribution platform serving fantastic computer games and movies at kick-ass prices. And no, it's not “just a store” - it's the site that's all about the greatest games ever and the people who play them. We've got critically acclaimed games, with tons of all-time classics for just $5.99 and $9.99, along with modern games from AAA to Indie, bundled with heaps of free downloadable content and exclusive add-ons, no DRM or intrusive copy protection and full compatibility with Windows XP & Vista. Most of our games are compatible with Windows 7 as well, and many work natively on Mac OS X 10.6+ and Linux - it's all right there on every product page.
While games form the bulk and core of our offering, we've also recently introduced movies on top of that. Make sure to check that out, too!"

Bolded the important and apparently false claims advertised by GOG... Just the tip of the shit.

Enjoy the read.

as i've said before though, gog can't simply be expected to stagnate. i mean, it's only a matter of time before everyone on the planet owns the ultima series and the first two divinity titles... then what? what happens when gog has nothing left that people are willing to drop cash on? at least they'll have their principals.

and then, what of the people who ARE willing to spend money on some extras but gog is not selling them? id wager that's a pretty decent slice of the pie all things considered. and it'd probably make terrible business sense to let steam soak up all that revenue.

y'see for several years now (since the whole flat pricing thing in particular) people have been complaining about gog's loss of it's core principals, which i get, especially if the flat pricing thing affected you in a significant way. but the complainers never seem offer any solid suggestions on how gog might grow and expand its market share while maintaining those core principals. its just the stomping of feet with the dangling of a monthly $5 carrot.

that said, i would stop supporting gog at the loss of the drm-free principal. i think everyone has their limit. drm-free is why i'm here so that's mine.
koima57: I suggest GOG to stick with their principles, and at the very least to communciate on the lack of such. I am not going top bother searching around to "prove my point" to strangers of this community. But users who joined GOG some years ago understand my post and can only agree with me, or be complete hypocrites to disagree.

On this point, yes I expect OST, wallpaper etc to come as the extras GOG used to give his customers or not be sold as "deluxe upgrade", it is just a joke.

Some source :

"Website HelpWhat is GOG.com?

Enjoy the read.

fortune_p_dawg: as i've said before though, gog can't simply be expected to stagnate. i mean, it's only a matter of time before everyone on the planet owns the ultima series and the first two divinity titles... then what? what happens when gog has nothing left that people are willing to drop cash on? at least they'll have their principals.

and then, what of the people who ARE willing to spend money on some extras but gog is not selling them? id wager that's a pretty decent slice of the pie all things considered. and it'd probably make terrible business sense to let steam soak up all that revenue.

y'see for several years now (since the whole flat pricing thing in particular) people have been complaining about gog's loss of it's core principals, which i get, especially if the flat pricing thing affected you in a significant way. but the complainers never seem offer any solid suggestions on how gog might grow and expand its market share while maintaining those core principals. its just the stomping of feet with the dangling of a monthly $5 carrot.

that said, i would stop supporting gog at the loss of the drm-free principal. i think everyone has their limit. drm-free is why i'm here so that's mine.
Adapt and survive, is the principle we all must deal with and accept as ours, exercise or rot in oblivion, I know as a person and can only agree, all the more so to lead a business...

The root of my issue with the current state of GOG.. Their only principle left standing is the "DRM-Free" one. The rest is sinking because, unlike GOG's advertisement from their FAQ suggest, (they probably forgot to cleverly / dishonestly sweap this one under the rug and out of their page like the rest...) they are not personally caring for us customers any more in the same way they used to, they became and are now effectively, just another storefront... Sober truth.
Hello dear gog-staffers,
rereleases and in-dev-releases might be cool and all, but there is still no simple way to edit old reviews? So while looking at the store page of this game, I get hit by dozens of old reviews that tell me how shitty the original version is/was.
I know, this might come as a big surprise, but did it ever occur to you that an "edit" option (as revolutionary as it might seem) could actually make your subpar review system a bit less subpar?