It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There is no real win without some kind of sin.

<span class="bold">Sins of a Solar Empire&reg;: Rebellion Ultimate Edition</span>, a sprawling hybrid of real-time and 4x strategy, is now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 60% launch discount.

Nothing stays hidden for long under the sun. Certainly not the questionable deeds of space-faring Solar Empires. Unsurprisingly, these deeds are of conflict, galaxy-wide power struggles and unquenchable expansionism. Of wars that decide the fate of whole star systems, fought through formidable fleets, financial means, or even diplomacy.

Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion Ultimate Edition provides the perfect mix of the urgency associated with RTSs and the careful planning commonly found in 4x games. It includes Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion along with the Forbidden Worlds & Stellar Phenomena DLC, bringing additional planets to explore, more dramatic random events and new deep space anomalies. The package also offers the game's epic soundtrack on MP3 and FLAC, to help set the mood for your intergalactic adventures.

Conquer the galaxy and commit your own <span class="bold">Sins of a Solar Empire&reg;</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Pull it into orbit with the 60% launch discount that will last until December 16, 1:59 PM GMT.
Matruchus:
vanchann: Wishlisted for now.
Too many great new releases lately.

May I think of this game like Galactic Civilizations in real time or it's something else?
Sort of, Sins isn't nearly as deep as those games. Don't get me wrong though, its still an awesome RTS.
Matruchus: Nope, Rebellion includes everything that Trinity includes. I own every game in the series in retail and there is no point in to buying Trinity. Also note that the game has no story/campaign.

This is the development tree for Sins of a Solar Empire:

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity = Base game + Standalone Expansion 1 (Entrenchment ) + Standalone Expansion 2 (Diplomacy)

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion = Trinity + new patch with improvements and new features + new dlc

Eitherway, nice release but will wait for a better offer.

Also Trinity is also an obsolete version since it only allows you to play one of the expansions at once. Its not like Rebellion that incorporates all the expansions in to one gameplay.
Thanks for the info! But what do you mean that the game has "no story?" Isn't the base game the story/campaign?
IronArcturus: Thanks for the info! But what do you mean that the game has "no story?" Isn't the base game the story/campaign?
There is only a cca. two minute trailer that gives you a story. After that you have only random generated maps or premade maps to play on. As such there is no campaign/storyline to develop in game. The game is brilliant but hardly a game anybody would buy for a two minute story. So as such there is no point in Trinity. Stardock has a development model where each previous game is a beta version for the new game which they improve and release another new game and so on.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by Matruchus
Matruchus: No, not at all. This is more like Star Wars: Empire at War mixed up with Galactic Civilizations but everything in real time happening in space. There are no planetary battles. You have a big real time pirate market and where you can bid for pirates to attack your enemies. You have a very big research tree. Everything is bound un to your ressources, be it money, minerals or crystals. You develop your planets, asteroids. You have to defeat pirates, smugglers defending planets and asteroids to colonise them, etc.
I see. I should try it.
Thanks! :-)

EDIT:
WHRM3: Sort of, Sins isn't nearly as deep as those games. Don't get me wrong though, its still an awesome RTS.
There was one more answer!
Thank you all for your replies!
Post edited December 11, 2015 by vanchann
bluesky777: The evil that is known as the Impulse :P
Indeed. I don't know even know what that service has morphed into now. At least all I owned on it was Sins and Gal Civ 2.
So, somebody form Stadock stated that this version is NOT compatible with Steam release multiplayer-wise. Can anyone confirm this?
Also, I expected Trinity to be released first and to be frank, there's absolutely no reason to get Trinity if you've already got Rebellion.
whystler2012: AFAIK that isn't even needed on Steam. Certainly not here!
A Stardock Account is required for the Steam version. It even says so on the store page.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by ShadowOwl
IronArcturus: Thanks for the info! But what do you mean that the game has "no story?" Isn't the base game the story/campaign?
Matruchus: There is only a two minute trailer that gives you a story. After that you have only random generated maps or premade maps to play on. As such there is no campaign/storyline to develop in game. The game is brilliant but hardly a game anybody would buy for a two minute story. So as such there is no point in Trinity. Stardock has a development model where each previous game is a beta version for the new game which they improve and release another new game and so on.
Yeah, I've read similar things about GalCiv. But I've played GalCiv1 and 2 and found that 2nd version was much better than the first. :P

But as for SOASE, is it more tactics based? I've read that it wasn't a normal RTS game.
Everybody should buy Sins of the solar Empire, if you're into 4x space games in real-time :)
IronArcturus: Yeah, I've read similar things about GalCiv. But I've played GalCiv1 and 2 and found that 2nd version was much better than the first. :P

But as for SOASE, is it more tactics based? I've read that it wasn't a normal RTS game.
Well in a way, yes. It depends a lot on which ships you unlock to build and which weapons you improve. So you can have big fleets of small ships or several capital ships that are similar in strength to the armada of small ships. But unless you unlock any new travel technology you have to follow the hyperspace lanes between planets which can give you only so many strategies.

About Gal. Civ. version its exactly the same with Sins. Every new version is an improvement on the base game. Its the same game just developed further. Edit: Actually its more like Smugglers V and Smugglers V: Invasion than Galactic Civilization.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by Matruchus
*Drools*
been waiting for this. thanks gog!
Matruchus: No, not at all. This is more like Star Wars: Empire at War mixed up with Galactic Civilizations but everything in real time happening in space. There are no planetary battles. You have a big real time pirate market and where you can bid for pirates to attack your enemies. You have a very big research tree. Everything is bound un to your ressources, be it money, minerals or crystals. You develop your planets, asteroids. You have to defeat pirates, smugglers defending planets and asteroids to colonise them. You can send diplomatic ships to enemies to get on their good side with time. There are tones of diplomacy options. Several different pacts and alliances.
I like to think of it as a spiritual (and GREATLY improved) successor of Pax Imperia: Eminent domain.
Great, thanks! I've been waiting for this to show up ever since it got announced.
B0SC0: ...
Unless I'm mistaken I think all three of these wishes can be completed; can you or another bluetext handle this please?

[EDIT: Oh, I didn't realize Trinity was showing up separately.]

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/sins_of_a_solar_empire_rebellion ,
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/sins_of_a_solar_empire
Post edited December 11, 2015 by tfishell
This is more like it. Sins of a Solar Empire is rad.