It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There is no real win without some kind of sin.

<span class="bold">Sins of a Solar Empire&reg;: Rebellion Ultimate Edition</span>, a sprawling hybrid of real-time and 4x strategy, is now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 60% launch discount.

Nothing stays hidden for long under the sun. Certainly not the questionable deeds of space-faring Solar Empires. Unsurprisingly, these deeds are of conflict, galaxy-wide power struggles and unquenchable expansionism. Of wars that decide the fate of whole star systems, fought through formidable fleets, financial means, or even diplomacy.

Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion Ultimate Edition provides the perfect mix of the urgency associated with RTSs and the careful planning commonly found in 4x games. It includes Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion along with the Forbidden Worlds & Stellar Phenomena DLC, bringing additional planets to explore, more dramatic random events and new deep space anomalies. The package also offers the game's epic soundtrack on MP3 and FLAC, to help set the mood for your intergalactic adventures.

Conquer the galaxy and commit your own <span class="bold">Sins of a Solar Empire&reg;</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Pull it into orbit with the 60% launch discount that will last until December 16, 1:59 PM GMT.
You know, my head is screwed up enough without having to figure this out. XD
B0SC0: Sins: Rebellion is the third, stand-alone expansion, whereas Sins: Trinity is the main game, plus the first and second expansion.
IronArcturus: Ok, so Rebellion isn't the first part of the series? We still have to wait for Trinity?
Don't bother. Rebellion is the final version of the game that has everything Trinity has featurewise plus more. And unlike, say DoW, there is no story or single player campaign at all in Sins, so no reason to get the prior version, except maybe for collection purposes.
huan: Huh... Contrary to this post, most posts I have read on this issue said that there is no real reason to look at Trinity, because Rebellion includes everything that Trinity has + split all factions into two (optionally, or forced?). I think I'm becoming more confused the more I read about it.
Now that I think about it, "standalone expansion" doesn't make much sense for a game without any kind of story. Unless they cut some previously available features out of Rebellion...
Redfoxe: Do i need to make a Stardock account?
I might get it if i dont need to :D
AFAIK that isn't even needed on Steam. Certainly not here!
IronArcturus: Ok, so Rebellion isn't the first part of the series? We still have to wait for Trinity?
whystler2012: Don't bother. Rebellion is the final version of the game that has everything Trinity has featurewise plus more. And unlike, say DoW, there is no story or single player campaign at all in Sins, so no reason to get the prior version, except maybe for collection purposes.
So if Rebellion includes everything, why is GOG going to release Trinity separately? Is it just Entrenchment and Diplomacy but without enhanced graphics?
B0SC0: Sins: Rebellion is the third, stand-alone expansion, whereas Sins: Trinity is the main game, plus the first and second expansion.
Nope, Rebellion includes everything that Trinity includes. I own every game in the series in retail and there is no point in to buying Trinity. Also note that the game has no story/campaign.

This is the development tree for Sins of a Solar Empire:

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity = Base game + Standalone Expansion 1 (Entrenchment ) + Standalone Expansion 2 (Diplomacy)

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion = Trinity + new patch with improvements and new features + new dlc

Eitherway, nice release but will wait for a better offer.

Also Trinity is also an obsolete version since it only allows you to play one of the expansions at once. Its not like Rebellion that incorporates all the expansions in to one gameplay.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by Matruchus
whystler2012: Don't bother. Rebellion is the final version of the game that has everything Trinity has featurewise plus more. And unlike, say DoW, there is no story or single player campaign at all in Sins, so no reason to get the prior version, except maybe for collection purposes.
IronArcturus: So if Rebellion includes everything, why is GOG going to release Trinity separately? Is it just Entrenchment and Diplomacy but without enhanced graphics?
I am a little worried about the enhanced graphics screwing up my shit PC so Trinity might be nice.
Wish listed! Lots of great space games being released here lately :-D
RottenRotz: Too much just for updated graphics.No deal
tinyE: I'd be happy with the original, no doubt at a lower price.
Exactly,Trinity will do just fine
Post edited December 11, 2015 by RottenRotz
Matruchus:
Wishlisted for now.
Too many great new releases lately.

May I think of this game like Galactic Civilizations in real time or it's something else?
Post edited December 11, 2015 by vanchann
This is a surprise indeed :)
But I was expecting Trinity to come out first ???
Considering this is a graphics update of Trinity plus 2 additional DLCs !!!
But either way, I'm really happy that the series is here on GOG :) OR soon to be published :)

Thanks for your hard work, GOG !!!

And Merry Christmas :)
vanchann: ]
Wishlisted for now.
Too many great new releases lately.

May I think of this game like Galactic Civilizations in real time or it's something else?
No, not at all. This is more like Star Wars: Empire at War mixed up with Galactic Civilizations but everything in real time happening in space. There are no planetary battles. You have a big real time pirate market and where you can bid for pirates to attack your enemies. You have a very big research tree. Everything is bound un to your ressources, be it money, minerals or crystals. You develop your planets, asteroids. You have to defeat pirates, smugglers defending planets and asteroids to colonise them. You can send diplomatic ships to enemies to get on their good side with time. There are tones of diplomacy options. Several different pacts and alliances.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by Matruchus
Oh wow. I guess I will be getting my free copy of Blackguards. I can't pass on this, been waiting for ages for a reason to upgrade the ancient version I bought on Stardock's original impulse service.
The evil that is known as the Impulse :P
Redfoxe: Do i need to make a Stardock account?
I might get it if i dont need to :D
whystler2012: AFAIK that isn't even needed on Steam. Certainly not here!
Yes, you need a Stardock account to play it on Steam, at least you did several months ago when I bought it there. I also had to register with them when I bought it on Origin, and even had to register to get patches when I bought the game on CD when it first came out.

I hope we don't need to register here, but considering Stardock's track record...

tinyE: I'd be happy with the original, no doubt at a lower price.
RottenRotz: Exactly,Trinity will do just fine
The game improvements are nice in Rebellion, but I really don't like the balance of the Titan ships, good thing there are lots of mods out there.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by fulano5321