It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FPS Immortals are here.

Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can pick them up at 33% off in two bundles:
<span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>.

Wolfenstein 3D (with Spear of Destiny) is widely considered to be the first true 3D FPS ever. It single handedly kickstarted a generation of id Software greats, and thus influenced just about every FPS we've played ever since. Its mazes, shades of gray, and blue hues are burned into the collective gaming memory - plus you get to kill a mechanized Hitler. Classic.
In the early days of FPS gaming, Quake II: Quad Damage was the milestone. In a spot-on review from 1997, GameSpot calls it "the only first-person shooter to render the original Quake entirely obsolete." It was bigger, better, prettier, and smoother than any clone or predecessor - it also offered one of the most playable, and by far most popular multiplayer experiences of its day.
Quake III: Gold, aka. multiplayer revolution. Despite a controversial removal of the lauded single-player experience the series was known for, Quake III: Arena became a smash-hit and (together with Unreal Tournament) essentially defined arena-style, movement-based competitive gaming for years. The shooter spawned a community that's been living and breathing to this day.
In B.J. Blazkowicz's Return to Castle Wolfenstein, another legend is born. A unique, objective-based multiplayer mode saw immense popularity back in the day - and it was actually pretty okay if you're into that sort of thing. The single-player campaign is a dark, somewhat ridiculous freak show of morbid, scientific fantasy. An ever present sense of dread emanates from the disturbing experiments and cult-like universe, just waiting to be set afire - by you.

As with any Bethesda purchase, you'll also get The Elder Scrolls: Arena & Daggerfall for free!

Prepare to fight in Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - now DRM-free on GOG.com. Return to the FPS immortals at 33% off in two bundles: <span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>. The promo will last for one week, until October 8, 12:59 PM GMT.

The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
hedwards: But, it's still a solid game no matter how you rank it, I'll be playing the shit out of it in the near future.
Navagon: It deserves a lot of the praise it gets, no doubt about that. But I'm not quite so convinced it holds up so well today. Doom does, with a mod or two. But for me at least Wolfenstein 3D is noteworthy for its historical relevance. Not its gameplay by today's standards.
Well, today's standards are pretty bad, just the fact that Wolf3d didn't have regenerating life is probably enough to scare a lot of people away. ;-)
vv221: No Linux? No buy!

Well, who am I trying to fool here?
I bought Quake 2 & 3 as soon as I saw them on the front page ;)

A human can have principles, but Quake 2 & 3 are above principles.
You weren't going to use a source port?
Post edited October 02, 2015 by hedwards
Amazing release, thanks GOG!
love wolfenstein!!!

will wait for a sale to pick the original. not much interest in the remake.
JudasIscariot: I am sorry but this is required by law.
Klumpen0815: No it's not, it's required by Bethesda, not by law.
Quake 1 isn't even on the index anymore (just like Doom 1+2) and a single letter to the BPjM regarding Quake 2+3 would result in taking them off it too besides the fact that they still can be sold to Germans in spite of them being on the index for "not appropriate for children".
The unaltered versions of the Wolfenstein series are an entirely different matter and jamyskis post is of interest regarding this:

jamyskis: OK. Let's be perfectly clear about one thing here. There is no "law" prohibiting video games from displaying Nazi symbols. The problem in question here is Section 86a of the German Criminal Code, which prohibits the use of anti-constitutional symbols for the glorification of forbidden organisations, which includes the NSDAP.

The suppression of games using Nazi symbolism is down to the abuse of this law by a number of neo-fascist, self-righteous bitter old fuckwits who want to ban anything they don't like and who apparently don't want Nazism being associated with evil. These cunts have abused a law with a valuable purpose to front a rather unpleasant political agenda.

Games are art - that much has been acknowledged by the German Kulturrat, and the use of this law for the suppression of art is forbidden in that very same paragraph. Therefore, any claim to the banning of games based on the use of these symbols is illegitimate.

And anyone - ANYONE - who complies with these interpretations is complicit in this violation. That now includes GOG.
Klumpen0815:
Than you for providing a big doesof ignorance regarding the subject. Braking these laws would wold cause big trouble for GoG and I mean REALLY big. You want to blame someone, blame the German government.
I always see people ask questions in here that could be easily answered if you just read the damn game page or news post.
Amazing the number of reviews....LOL. Few useless pointless reviews based on price - GOG needs to remove those. Sigh.

Wishlisted. Like others i was more of an unreal fan.How were the Quake games single player wise?.

RTCW worth it!!
Awesome releases and glad to see that Bethesda releases more games on GoG.
I guess the next Bethesda releases will be either Heretic/Hexen/Hexen 2, Doom 3 or Oblivion.
Anyway, my wallet is ready for all of them :D
Wow. That Quake 3 price. Really? Yeah, well. As far as multi (or bot-play) goes I've always preferred UT anyway. *shrug* It's nice to have Return to Castle Wolfenstein here though. I'll probably also nab Wolf 3d just because it's worth it in the combo deal and Quake 2 on its own.
Amazing how quick peoples opinions can change. :D
thesmashingone: *snip*
Fairfox: Wait, have they goofed on the Mission Pack ordering? I mean a small thing, sure, but you'd think they'd actually order them correctly.
If by "goofed on the Mission Pack ordering" you mean the GOG team did not order them by release year, then it appears so. Although, one can just go into the Q2Launcher.ini file included with the installation and swap around the two entries easily if desired.
Attachments:
darthspudius: Amazing how quick peoples opinions can change. :D
More like, how quick inhabitants of one time zone suddenly aren't online...
0Grapher: More like, how quick inhabitants of one time zone suddenly aren't online...
Nice, aint it! haha. Everyone seems chuffed.
It really is unfortunate for the German users, but I think having them on the site at all is better than skipping them completely.
JKHSawyer: It really is unfortunate for the German users, but I think having them on the site at all is better than skipping them completely.
I thought the games were already banned in Germany? I don't understand why having them on GOG would be any different. It's a shame but I would of thought common knowledge would of went hand in hand here.
I don't have a high opinion of Bethesda but i try not to bag GOG releases (unlike certain ppl who shall remain unnamed)