It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FPS Immortals are here.

Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can pick them up at 33% off in two bundles:
<span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>.

Wolfenstein 3D (with Spear of Destiny) is widely considered to be the first true 3D FPS ever. It single handedly kickstarted a generation of id Software greats, and thus influenced just about every FPS we've played ever since. Its mazes, shades of gray, and blue hues are burned into the collective gaming memory - plus you get to kill a mechanized Hitler. Classic.
In the early days of FPS gaming, Quake II: Quad Damage was the milestone. In a spot-on review from 1997, GameSpot calls it "the only first-person shooter to render the original Quake entirely obsolete." It was bigger, better, prettier, and smoother than any clone or predecessor - it also offered one of the most playable, and by far most popular multiplayer experiences of its day.
Quake III: Gold, aka. multiplayer revolution. Despite a controversial removal of the lauded single-player experience the series was known for, Quake III: Arena became a smash-hit and (together with Unreal Tournament) essentially defined arena-style, movement-based competitive gaming for years. The shooter spawned a community that's been living and breathing to this day.
In B.J. Blazkowicz's Return to Castle Wolfenstein, another legend is born. A unique, objective-based multiplayer mode saw immense popularity back in the day - and it was actually pretty okay if you're into that sort of thing. The single-player campaign is a dark, somewhat ridiculous freak show of morbid, scientific fantasy. An ever present sense of dread emanates from the disturbing experiments and cult-like universe, just waiting to be set afire - by you.

As with any Bethesda purchase, you'll also get The Elder Scrolls: Arena & Daggerfall for free!

Prepare to fight in Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - now DRM-free on GOG.com. Return to the FPS immortals at 33% off in two bundles: <span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>. The promo will last for one week, until October 8, 12:59 PM GMT.

The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
DanielRuf: It is not. You are just allowed to buy them if you are older than 18 years and just for private use.

Bethesda just does not want to sell this to the people on GOG because they have an office in Germany and they age is not verified here so many young people could buy it here too.
Schnuff: Bull, its illegal! As long as there are any signs like the Hakenkreuz (and there are plenty of it in Wolfenstein) its illegal
to own it in Germany.
Bullshit. You are allowed to own and play them for private use, even if they are "bundesweit beschlagnahmt". Only spreading it isn't allowed for "bundesweit beschlagnahmte" titels. And Q2/3 aren't "bundesweit beschlagnahmt".

You are even allowed to own Hakenkreuz flags in Germany as long your are not show them public. E.g. in your apartment you can hang up the flag as long nobody fromt outside can see it (eg. via window).
Schnuff: Bull, its illegal! As long as there are any signs like the Hakenkreuz (and there are plenty of it in Wolfenstein) its illegal
to own it in Germany.
classic-gamer: Bullshit. You are allowed to own and play them for private use, even if they are "bundesweit beschlagnahmt". Only spreading it isn't allowed for "bundesweit beschlagnahmte" titels. And Q2/3 aren't "bundesweit beschlagnahmt".

You are even allowed to own Hakenkreuz flags in Germany as long your are not show them public. E.g. in your apartment you can hang up the flag as long nobody fromt outside can see it (eg. via window).
Right.

The BPjM and the list is mainly to protect minors and the public and prevent misuse / public presentation.

When you are over 18, you can own these things just for private use, even weapons. But never try to wear them in public and they will seize them all.
So much salt.
as i can't access quake 3 here on gog, just a quick question:

is somewhere on the gamepage written: multiplayer is not supported?
apehater: as i can't access quake 3 here on gog, just a quick question:

It's listed as both multiplayer and singleplayer.
apehater: as i can't access quake 3 here on gog, just a quick question:

Even the retail supports MP. There are MP-Servers online. LAN is also possible. So I think it should work with GOG-Version too.
those prices are pretty high i guess the best time to get them is in sales , i seem to recall getting the quake complete pack during the quake con sale that happened on steam a while ago. Wonder what is the difference btw the steam versions and the gog ones.
kirghylommax: Sorry, but at these prices, I think I'll save my money. They're all overpriced.
Spy_Gentleman: HAH! You should see at what price Steam offers those. Main game with expansions of course.

Your next post is going to be: Ok, nevermind. GOG has it cheaper.
Why should I care what price Steam offers them for? I have no intention of purchasing them on Steam. Yes, they're cheaper on GOG, but I still find them overpriced compared to other games with comparable age and quality. I can't fathom Wolfenstein 3D + Spear of Destiny or Quake II at $10. I even have difficulty with Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Quake III at that price. Quake III is certainly not worth $20.

Note: I did find the Wolfenstein bundle to be an acceptable price more in line with my belief as to what the regular prices of these games should be. Quake bundle's still a no-go.
I'm sure the restriction for German customers must be very annoying to them, but you must understand GOG's position here, caught between the game makers having included certain content within the game and the German Law having banned such content and anything else containing such content. So unless the game makers offer a "German Law compatible" version of the game, GOG's hands are pretty much tied.
Then again there's always VPNs ;)
can someone gift it from outside germany? im 32 years old lol
Indyxt: Lol at those Russian prices. I almost had a heart attack >_<
Klumpen0815: $3 ? ;)
More like 33$ ~_~
gnodab: After reading through the thread I just want to add, that I am not sure the Bethesda acquisitions are worth it for gog atm.

I mean, DOOM, Morrowind and Quake are all excellent titles, but I am pretty sure we all own at least five copies of each of them... It is nice to finally add them to your gog library as well, but there are to many downsides imho.

first off, gog is forced to sell the games at disgustingly inflated prices. there really is no other way to put it. i miss the days of flat and fair 5$/10$ pricing. sure we have stupidly steep discounts nowadays (which are part of the problem), but the price gauging for the Bethesda titles in particular is pretty shameless.

secondly, all the shenanigans around the release put gog in a very unfavorable light. removing the music files from quake (after selling them), region locking games (and lying about the reasons(well or maybe they really didn't know better)), advertising free games (they are not allowed to give away for free).... and so forth.

add to all of this the fact that gog only gets a minuscule cut from the sales and i really don't think it is worth the hassle. gog has a magnificent reputation (ill advised marketing jokes aside) and that is it's main competitive advantage. I am sure 80% of costumers own most of the games in several formats and/or are survivers of the old HOTUD or Abandonia communities (like myself) and btw, know how to use torrents. so we mainly pay gog because we want to.
and with all the issues stated above i am afraid ppl might someday stop wanting to.

also, i still hold a grudge because of the re-branding and the new site design. -.-
Not really, it's totally worth it to me.

First, the prices are high, true, but we can wait for a sale.

Second, the region locking and the removal of files aren't good, I agree, but it's still way better than not having the game.

Third, GOG may even get a minuscule cut (does the cut they get depends on the publisher?), but they are titles with an historical value that will attract more customers that will in turn buy other games.
Also, I thought that Abandonia and the like where sites made for games in legal hell? If the owner of the rights can be determined, how does downloading it from such sites differ from piracy?

Finally, I don't own any of the games in DRM free format, so I'm happy to get them here (at a later time to be honest, as for now they are too pricey for me). I believe that many people are in the same situation.
Is someone willing to gift me the games (except Quake III)? I'd pay you with Paypal or gift you other games in the gog-store.

Thanks in advance.
I'll second Sir_Dupre's request.

The only game I want right now is Quake 2 Quad Damage. I already got the Wolfenstein games thx to FUIN, and I do not want Quake 3. It's too expensive, I'm a single-player-first kind of guy, and besides, there's always Quake Live.

I'm ready to give anyone willing to gift me the game "store credit" of equal value (or slightly above, within reason of course) with me. You help me, and I'll help you. :)
Nergal01: I'll second Sir_Dupre's request.

The only game I want right now is Quake 2 Quad Damage. I already got the Wolfenstein games thx to FUIN, and I do not want Quake 3. It's too expensive, I'm a single-player-first kind of guy, and besides, there's always Quake Live.

I'm ready to give anyone willing to gift me the game "store credit" of equal value (or slightly above, within reason of course) with me. You help me, and I'll help you. :)
Quake 3 is good even if you're a single-player only guy (as I am), there's a SP mode where you fight bots.