It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast. Frantic. FPS. Roguelike.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, a frantic roguelike FPS, is now available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30%* launch discount.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition combines two insanely fun and popular gameplay elements into what can only be described as a winning formula. It's fast and frantically classic FPS action, where unpredictable movement and precise aim are essential, mixed in with the difficulty and randomization of modern roguelikes. You'll travel between closed arenas with increasingly more challenging and unusual enemies in a fully-randomized, retro styled environment. It's gonna get messy, so how long will you last?

Can you blast your way to the end of this unpredictable dungeon? Unlikely. Still, you can now find out in Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, DRM-free on GOG.com!

*the discount was increased from 25% to 30%. If you happened to purchase the game with the lower discount, please get in touch with our customer support. We'll make it better!
I'm going to buy this game just to spite people who enjoy rating games negatively just because of what a developer said. :p
Post edited February 13, 2015 by sunshinecorp
budejovice: 2. If you think GOG's catalog looks anything like Desura's, well, that sounds a bit trollish. If that wasn't your intention, maybe seek the advice of a physician?
Speaking of sounding trollish...
Love the name of the new edition :)

Is it just me or, seeing this thread, are GOG forums going more and more the trollish route of most gamers forums ? It's getting tedious to read a single thread without having to go through steam apologists, simple trolls or catastrophists going around and crying all days.
MacArthur: Love the name of the new edition :)

Is it just me or, seeing this thread, are GOG forums going more and more the trollish route of most gamers forums ? It's getting tedious to read a single thread without having to go through steam apologists, simple trolls or catastrophists going around and crying all days.
STEAM APOLOGISTS? Like, right now you're not trolling on Steam and its users? :p
Zoidberg: Whatever...
Lodium: To be honest Valve coud have solved it in court against that one person
I think death trheats are ilegal in most contrys.

I kinda agree with Zoidberg
why shoud one persons actions have consequences for a whole company?
So yes, valve acted childish when they coud have dealt with it proffesional by filing a case to the police/law.
My point exactly. Thanks.
MacArthur: Love the name of the new edition :)

sunshinecorp: STEAM APOLOGISTS? Like, right now you're not trolling on Steam and its users? :p
A little :)

It's no fun if only one camp is doing it :p
And guys please, because you do not agree with how the previous devs handled things, just rejecting the game itself on biased ground is NOT the way to go either.

The game definitely has its ups and it is definitely appreciated by players.

Also, thanks to the present devs who did that to save the game... apprently it's worth it to them.

Cheers all, and please, use your brains more often, stop thinking with your heart...
Eh, wishlisted for now.
Zoidberg: And guys please, because you do not agree with how the previous devs handled things, just rejecting the game itself on biased ground is NOT the way to go either.

Also, thanks to the present devs who did that to save the game... apprently it's worth it to them.

Cheers all, and please, use your brains more often, stop thinking with your heart...
It's FEZ all over again. People trashing a game because of its developer. Haters gonna hate.
Have this on Steam. Pretty abysmal game, devs aside.
high rated
Zoidberg: Whatever...
Lodium: To be honest Valve coud have solved it in court against that one person
I think death trheats are ilegal in most contrys.

I kinda agree with Zoidberg
why shoud one persons actions have consequences for a whole company?
So yes, valve acted childish when they coud have dealt with it proffesional by filing a case to the police/law.
That "one person" was half the dev team, and the other half wasn't acting in a more professional manner. I also find it odd that you think 'ruining his life with criminal charges' is a better response than 'ending business relations and letting the matter drop.'
Zoidberg: And guys please, because you do not agree with how the previous devs handled things, just rejecting the game itself on biased ground is NOT the way to go either.

sunshinecorp: It's FEZ all over again. People trashing a game because of its developer. Haters gonna hate.
Nice strawman. There were a lot of people who disliked it even before the developers got into drama, me included. The drama just changed my opinion from "It's bad" to "It's bad AND the developers are assholes".
sunshinecorp: It's FEZ all over again. People trashing a game because of its developer. Haters gonna hate.
Penquin: Nice strawman. There were a lot of people who disliked it even before the developers got into drama, me included. The drama just changed my opinion from "It's bad" to "It's bad AND the developers are assholes".
Not all comparisons are automatically straw men.
Penquin: Nice strawman. There were a lot of people who disliked it even before the developers got into drama, me included. The drama just changed my opinion from "It's bad" to "It's bad AND the developers are assholes".
sunshinecorp: Not all comparisons are automatically straw men.
This one is. You're trying to frame all dislike of the game as being related to the developers. It's not.
sunshinecorp: Not all comparisons are automatically straw men.
Penquin: This one is. You're trying to frame all dislike of the game as being related to the developers. It's not.
I did no such thing.
Also, quite a lot of people seem to actually like the game.
And a lot of the negative reviews all over the net begin with "the developer is this" and "the developer is that" "but this is not why I rate the game so badly". Color me unconvinced. Most people that want to hate view everything a person creates through those hate goggles.
As for me, I have no opinion on the game itself, yet, but I will soon.