It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast. Frantic. FPS. Roguelike.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, a frantic roguelike FPS, is now available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30%* launch discount.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition combines two insanely fun and popular gameplay elements into what can only be described as a winning formula. It's fast and frantically classic FPS action, where unpredictable movement and precise aim are essential, mixed in with the difficulty and randomization of modern roguelikes. You'll travel between closed arenas with increasingly more challenging and unusual enemies in a fully-randomized, retro styled environment. It's gonna get messy, so how long will you last?

Can you blast your way to the end of this unpredictable dungeon? Unlikely. Still, you can now find out in Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, DRM-free on GOG.com!

*the discount was increased from 25% to 30%. If you happened to purchase the game with the lower discount, please get in touch with our customer support. We'll make it better!
Ignoring the shampoo-drinkingly awful drama surrounding this game,

I will say that the visuals don't bother me much. I find some to be a touch jarring and there are a few annoying inconsistencies, but lets be honest; at least the visuals clearly portray what they aim to in most cases. This can NOT be said for some games with more appealing styles and higher fidelity.

The music is not my cup of tea so I can't comment. I am surprised more people are not commenting on the lack of sounds from enemies. That bothers me the most about this game.

I played this game at a friends place and am on the fence as to whether I want to buy it. I like some mechanic and gameplay choices but dislike the audio(and lack there of). I am really big on fitting/quality sound too so it's a hard call.

In general you have to give it GOG, we haven't seen any truly awful games like "Guise of the Wolf", "Bad Rats", "Haunted House; Cryptic Graves", "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing" or any early access bullshit

I pray to my lucky stars that GOG NEVER allows beta/early access bollocks on their storefront because that shit is horrible 99% of the time. If I saw games like "Slaughtering grounds" or "Grass Simulator" appear on GOG's store front I would be genuinely terrified.
I need to stop insta-buying games that "look interesting". My experience with PA was jarring to say the least. I expected a fighting chance, not to be roasted the second I walked into a room. I'm debating on asking for my extra fifty cents, but I don't think I've forgiven this game for it's horrible first impression yet (so I'm unwilling to accept that this monstrosity dwells on my shelf right now). I'll give this another shot sometime down the road, along with Pixel Pirates. I get the feeling there might be something redeeming about it...
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Ophelium
Interesting, i have this game in Humble Lib for pretty long time and...while it IS changed its title in Humble lib i dont see any updates for actual files. nor for Win, nor for Lin. So its geting quite interesting how to access that bonus levels for old customers if builds dont gets updated?
RagingChaos: Ignoring the shampoo-drinkingly awful drama surrounding this game,

I will say that the visuals don't bother me much. I find some to be a touch jarring and there are a few annoying inconsistencies, but lets be honest; at least the visuals clearly portray what they aim to in most cases. This can NOT be said for some games with more appealing styles and higher fidelity.

The music is not my cup of tea so I can't comment. I am surprised more people are not commenting on the lack of sounds from enemies. That bothers me the most about this game.

I played this game at a friends place and am on the fence as to whether I want to buy it. I like some mechanic and gameplay choices but dislike the audio(and lack there of). I am really big on fitting/quality sound too so it's a hard call.

In general you have to give it GOG, we haven't seen any truly awful games like "Guise of the Wolf", "Bad Rats", "Haunted House; Cryptic Graves", "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing" or any early access bullshit

I pray to my lucky stars that GOG NEVER allows beta/early access bollocks on their storefront because that shit is horrible 99% of the time. If I saw games like "Slaughtering grounds" or "Grass Simulator" appear on GOG's store front I would be genuinely terrified.
Cannot agree with you for 100%
Yes, OFTEN beta games is BED BED BED, but i seen several games turned not good, but great. Towns, 3079\3089, Underrail and some other too.
Its VERY unfortunate there is still no Underrail on GOG.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by Redfern
Well, I'm enjoying it so far. It seems to have added a few graphical and difficulty tweaks since the last version I played, but overall the same game. It's damn tough, at least until you start accumulating powerups, but fun enough for a quick bash or six.
Redfern: Its VERY unfortunate there is still no Underrail on GOG.
Well, let's hope Underrail gets finished :)

I hope to see it here one day but that's just me and should not be taken as a hint or anything :)
rtcvb32: Another release i wasn't expecting... graphically it's unique and reminds me of minecraft...

I'll buy this later...
Dont do that! I can gift you Steam key if you want...

Oh, so i just gone to Humble lib and downloaded latest build they have...tried it (again, last time was early stage of development).
OH MY GOSH, ITS SOOO BAD. No, really. Awful.
GOG, if you REALLY want to get "Minecraftish esque multiplatform shooter with voxels" here, please, contact phr00t and release "3079" here - its exactly that you want.
And its damn radically better then this one.
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Redfern
Redfern: Dont do that! I can gift you Steam key if you want...
I don't use steam....
Redfern: Its VERY unfortunate there is still no Underrail on GOG.
JudasIscariot: Well, let's hope Underrail gets finished :)

I hope to see it here one day but that's just me and should not be taken as a hint or anything :)
I'm pretty sure they will. Last time i checked they added so much new stuff that you literally need to restart whole game from scratch to try all thing. It was so HARDCORE and OLDSCHOOL that i just cannot that to say.Not even mentioning how much of pretty sick fun its offers too (peoples tried self made acid guns in game already knows that i'm talking about).
Redfern: Dont do that! I can gift you Steam key if you want...
rtcvb32: I don't use steam....
Just like me. I think i have somethere Humble Store gift key somewhere (includes DRM-free), if you want i can look for it. I probably have Desura key too, but not sure they still update it on Desura.
P.S. I dont want you to WASTE your money on that game.
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Redfern
Redfern: I dont want you to WASTE your money on that game.
Is it mechanically incompetent or something? If you have a youtube video for a review do let me know so i can look it over...
Redfern: I dont want you to WASTE your money on that game.
rtcvb32: Is it mechanically incompetent or something? If you have a youtube video for a review do let me know so i can look it over...
Just read that people wrote about this game here, on GOG. Basically, truth (from mys point of view). Maybe you one of minor fraction who will like it, though. Just take a look - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-57WMGU9is
Redfern: Just read that people wrote about this game here, on GOG
Hmmm... Well there's still a high chance i'll buy it down the line, although it may be when it's 80% off and super cheap... I do have Ultima 9 afterall (for completion's sake). It's curious how many games i'll buy when they are dirt cheap that i have no interest in...
Redfern: Just read that people wrote about this game here, on GOG
rtcvb32: Hmmm... Well there's still a high chance i'll buy it down the line, although it may be when it's 80% off and super cheap... I do have Ultima 9 afterall (for completion's sake). It's curious how many games i'll buy when they are dirt cheap that i have no interest in...
Then just go and take gift from me? Seriously, i hae no problem of getting rid of it (if it not rotten already)
Redfern: Then just go and take gift from me? Seriously, i hae no problem of getting rid of it (if it not rotten already)
If it's GoG, then PM me. If it's a steam key i won't use it... :( (I gave up steam long ago)

Honestly i never planned on paying full price for the game, as i said when it's on sale (heavily preferably).