It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast. Frantic. FPS. Roguelike.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, a frantic roguelike FPS, is now available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30%* launch discount.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition combines two insanely fun and popular gameplay elements into what can only be described as a winning formula. It's fast and frantically classic FPS action, where unpredictable movement and precise aim are essential, mixed in with the difficulty and randomization of modern roguelikes. You'll travel between closed arenas with increasingly more challenging and unusual enemies in a fully-randomized, retro styled environment. It's gonna get messy, so how long will you last?

Can you blast your way to the end of this unpredictable dungeon? Unlikely. Still, you can now find out in Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, DRM-free on GOG.com!

*the discount was increased from 25% to 30%. If you happened to purchase the game with the lower discount, please get in touch with our customer support. We'll make it better!
Zoidberg: Oh, so it's back, and on Steam too, but through a new publisher.
No need for me to rebuy it then. :P

I'm glad the game itself is back but I still resent Valve's reaction. Removing unilaterally the game from their shop because of PR is overly criticable. They shouldn't have handled it that way. Besides, the overly criticable reaction from that Mike guy was founded on a criticable messing up from Valve's side...
But again, I resent Valve and Steam for quite a bit of reasons anyway, so. :P

I also quite can't stand people throwing rocks at COde Avarice. Makes me think of those stupid "Je suis Charlie" people. A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me.

But whatever, another decent game on GOG, gratz!
One thing I've learned - some people get weirded out in a hurry if you threaten to kill them. -laughs-
CarrionCrow: Here you go. =)
Oh, well that explains everything... good to know in the end the game is back for sale again I guess.
FlamingFirewire: Could someone fill me in on this one? I didn't even know this game existed until today and apparently there is a story behind something stupid PR-wise that the original (?) pub/dev did? Like worse than Daikatana ads bad?
It all started over a year ago when the devs didn't deliver on their Greenlight promises. They proceeded to cursing their customers on multiple occasions, deleting criticism and banning people from the forums, then (apparently) abandoned development for a while and said things along the lines of "You expected me to finish this game? Lol get a life nerds".
Eventually the game was released and because Steam was displaying the game as Early-Access - even though it wasn't anymore - on release day, one of the devs went berserk on twitter and sent a death threat to Gabe Newell and the game was pulled off Steam.
Post edited February 13, 2015 by Pardinuz
Absolutely horrendous game. I found it literally vomit inducing. I think the expression is "it's like a bad acid trip" but I lack any actuall frame of refrence, so I can just say that the soundtrack and the visuals are all just an unpleasant mess. I don't get what the idea behind this game was, this blocky, flashing, nauseating design. It's borderline unplayable.
Post edited February 13, 2015 by Breja
vicklemos: :D
I've just played the early access version and still got the feeling that this game should've had a lan mode, dunno why.
One thing I'm curious about: what are the pluses on this "deluxe atonement edition" compared to the steam one (which I own and didn't play since it got out of E.A.)?
omega64: 1 new level type, 1 new weapon and 1 new item.
Oh, thanks my octo-friend.
Zoidberg: Oh, so it's back, and on Steam too, but through a new publisher.
No need for me to rebuy it then. :P

I'm glad the game itself is back but I still resent Valve's reaction. Removing unilaterally the game from their shop because of PR is overly criticable. They shouldn't have handled it that way. Besides, the overly criticable reaction from that Mike guy was founded on a criticable messing up from Valve's side...
But again, I resent Valve and Steam for quite a bit of reasons anyway, so. :P

I also quite can't stand people throwing rocks at COde Avarice. Makes me think of those stupid "Je suis Charlie" people. A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me.

But whatever, another decent game on GOG, gratz!
CarrionCrow: One thing I've learned - some people get weirded out in a hurry if you threaten to kill them. -laughs-
There is admittedly death threats and death threats, Sarkeesian's death threats should get people on their toes, some random flaming from a bad PR based on a semi right reason, is not.

Is Mike in prison or has been fined? No, then Valve shouldn't have had removed the game. They're starting t make a mistake after another... I can't get behind them anymore.
CarrionCrow: One thing I've learned - some people get weirded out in a hurry if you threaten to kill them. -laughs-
Zoidberg: There is admittedly death threats and death threats, Sarkeesian's death threats should get people on their toes, some random flaming from a bad PR based on a semi right reason, is not.

Is Mike in prison or has been fined? No, then Valve shouldn't have had removed the game. They're starting t make a mistake after another... I can't get behind them anymore.
It's business. Say certain things, and you shouldn't be surprised if the massive corporation you're working with decides to kick your teeth in and make an example of you.
Zoidberg: There is admittedly death threats and death threats, Sarkeesian's death threats should get people on their toes, some random flaming from a bad PR based on a semi right reason, is not.

CarrionCrow: It's business. Say certain things, and you shouldn't be surprised if the massive corporation you're working with decides to kick your teeth in and make an example of you.
Which I cannot get behind. I find that a pretty bad thing to do.

There's making a mistake and there's making something illegal and/or morally questionnable.
Post edited February 13, 2015 by Zoidberg
Doom in LEGO!!! Far out man! :D

I dislike valve as much as the next guy but its a bit too much to say someone can act like a complete jerk, provided they don't get convicted of a criminal offence, valve should sell their stuff.

That's not how the world works (nor should it). You piss me off, unless I have to, I don't do business with you. I shouldn't have to make people I don't like richer.
WOW! This remake of Freddi Fish 2 looks pretty go...wait, I don't remember there being randomly generated levels... GOG I THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE FISH A.I.!!!!!
Check it out, it's Francis' bathtub.
Attachments:
tub.jpg (282 Kb)

htown1980: I dislike valve as much as the next guy but its a bit too much to say someone can act like a complete jerk, provided they don't get convicted of a criminal offence, valve should sell their stuff.

That's not how the world works (nor should it). You piss me off, unless I have to, I don't do business with you. I shouldn't have to make people I don't like richer.
If it isn't agreed upon previously, there is no way it should be applied. Unless we throw all those democratical ideas down the gutter.

But I guess it's due to humanity's proneness to be self-entitled.

But anyway, let's agree to disagree.

On the note of the game, I've played bit of it and it's an interesting take on the mixing of genres. For those curious, go watch a couple of let's play from Bisnap for instance, on youtube. You should know if it's your kind of game or not.
Post edited February 13, 2015 by Zoidberg
Zoidberg: Is Mike in prison or has been fined? No, then Valve shouldn't have had removed the game. They're starting t make a mistake after another... I can't get behind them anymore.
Valve is on its right. And I agree with them this time. I am certainly not one of those Gabe's fanboys, but if I was him, I would too use the banhammer with these little pricks.
That zombie with a raincoat looks A LOT like today's Gabe Newell... :P