It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Examining the human condition(ing).

<span class="bold">Overclocked: A History of Violence</span>, a contemporary psychological thriller, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 75% launch discount.

Some people believe that violence is more of a defense mechanism than it is an offensive act. It is meant to mask our weaknesses by making others feel equally weak. But it might also be the result of traumatizing experiences that people are unconsciously hiding from themselves.

Could that be the case for the five teenagers found wandering the streets of New York during a violent thunderstorm, armed with guns and a horrible sense of unawareness? Specialized psychiatrist David McNamara means to find out by diving into the patients' unconscious, trying to piece together the fragments of (playable) memories they reluctantly share with him. It is a gruelling process that will push McNamara into dark places, forcing him to puzzle his way out while coping with his personal demons.

Unravel the clouded psyche of your violent teen patients in <span class="bold">Overclocked: A History of Violence</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The 75% launch discount will last until December 21, 1:59 PM GMT.
I have never about this game before.
It looks like a Fahrenheit clone without the split screens.
It sounds interesting, but I have games to play in priority !
Post edited December 16, 2015 by MaxFulvus
high rated
PainOfSalvation: You heard the man people, now back to work, i mean voting! :P

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/mystery_of_the_druids

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/15_days
Voted ;)
ThomNG: Just if you can convince GOG what we were not able to do ;)
PainOfSalvation: Thanks ThomNG and we will convince GOG. Eventually. :P

You heard the man people, now back to work, i mean voting! :P

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/mystery_of_the_druids

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/15_days
just voted
dont know what it is, but if it makes it possible the game will come and people can buy it, its okay

Tarhiel: Interesting release.

Wishilsted though, my wallet hurts after the Christmas sale :(
mine had a rest so i can give my wallet a bash now :D
bought it, at €3.39 its a steal

I havent downloaded it yet, gonna watch some videos on youtube first , but thats only to see how many flashes will be in it, i dont care or mind if we have to go back to other characters and ask same questions, cause thats what real live is all about, ever seen the csi series? exactly and many other series are the same, many walkbakcs to ask same questions to differnt people until you have a lead.

my main concern about any game is

1) no flashes/ or other photosentivity triggers, no 3d , rotating etc etc etc
2) the game must be able to be played without crashing at start everytime ( in the past there were retail games that would run once out of every ten attempts to start the game and thats bad)

thats all i want games to comply to :D
now i am gonna check the videos walkthroughs on youtube for 'flashes'
Post edited December 16, 2015 by gamesfreak64
deonast: Thanks for mentioning that. I checked and I don't own that movie. Better still the local chain of stores JB HI-FI I buy most movies from has it for $9.98 on blu-ray and maybe 20% off if the have another sale before January. Well that's on my wish list now.
My pleasure. I'm a huge fan of Cronenberg's medical horror films, but he is good at whatever he turns his hand to, including the political thrillers of which this film is an instance of. He returned to his original genre with a recent short film called The Nest that is quite disturbing (and NSFW).
So is this game like a point-and-click game? Or does it use 1st/3rd person perspective?
The premise seems really interesting, but the fact I've never heard of it before makes me suspicious of its quality.
I remember this one, pretty nice release. Wishlisted, and will see if I can add it to my library till Dec 21.

Cheers, and happy holidays to you too, Nordic!

IAmSinistar: I thought of the Cronenberg film at first too.
That's a pretty good film, recommended.
IronArcturus: So is this game like a point-and-click game? Or does it use 1st/3rd person perspective?
check tube videos

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE189DB8402968F93

this link should show this page, i made a screenshot of it in chrome, walkthroughlist.jpg
is the attachment

i dont use chrome i use ff as default browser
but ff refuses to load the comments so sometimes i have to use chrome or ie

for 15 days check this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4gEEXXbuA

and attachment:15days_walkthrough.jpg

game looks okay, if its an old game i assume i can run it at recommended, if on GOG i buy it
and there are loads of these games, and yes, its 'more of the same' or 'niche' or whatever they call it, but i dont care As long as its no fpp, no risk for my photosensitivy, and no 3d zooming and the likes of nowadays modern games
its a game on my list.

nightlong: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nightlong+union+city+conspiracy

attachment: Nightlongwalktru.jpg
the one with the green lines, above is AMIGA and we need PC version (pc graphics)

edit:

fastforwarded the videos and the last few parts of Overclocked and especially the last part had some nasty scenes with shooting and all that, and flashes.
Other then that last part the game doesnt seem to have weird lightflashes and flashbacks.
Attachments:
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Wishlisted, and will see if I can add it to my library till Dec 21.
Or you could check your PMs now. :)
IAmSinistar: Or you could check your PMs now. :)
Thanks a bunch Santastar, you lead, as always! :-D

*puts PM under tree*
Awesome! Will get this. A damned shame about GOG constantly rejecting "niche" old games, not surprising.

I guess that's what... Steam... is for???
ThomNG: Stay tuned!
C ya, wallet ;)
HypersomniacLive: Wishlisted, and will see if I can add it to my library till Dec 21.
IAmSinistar: Or you could check your PMs now. :)
Thunder stolen. Nicely done! :D
Hell yeah!!! I've been waiting quite a while for this :D Insta-buy! Thanks GOG, you're the best!
ShadowWulfe: Awesome! Will get this. A damned shame about GOG constantly rejecting "niche" old games, not surprising.

I guess that's what... Steam... is for???
steam is more for really weird and useless games like: 'shower with your dad' and more crap like that :D

secretfiles maybe also very nice, but i like these, have 1 drm free (the 1st one, the others are steam only and 1 has even tages)

Chronicles of Mystery - The Tree of Life and Chronicles of Mystery - The Scorpio (have drm free on GG)
same ammo, same stuff, more of the same perhaps recycled ideas, very niche ,but i also have these :D
Nightlong, 15days and more like these are always welcome to my collection.
And if many more like these will be available i will get them aswell.