It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MissionForce: CyberStorm is now available and DRM free.

Originally developed by Dynamix in 1996, this turned-based strategy mixes exciting gameplay with (back then) stunning visuals. With randomly generated scenarios and over 75 special weapons to purchase and upgrade, the game promise unlimited replayability while you create the ultimate fighting machines.
Joeqbr: I wonder if www.tribesuniverse.com going 404 means they're on their way to GOG...
gmx: intresting - 2 days ago page was still active - maby there is something on the way

also on snapshot from two days I see Starsiege: tribes, not Starsiege (Earthsiege 3) :( wonder who has rights to it

Edit: nevermind last sentence - Tribes are more exposed - iso contains both games
Yes, I only just downloaded all of the available ISO files to the mainline Earthsiege, Starsiege and Tribes games (It didn’t have The MissionForce: Cyberstorm games and some other universe titles) earlier this month before being away from the computer for a while. Talk about good timing.
Darvond: What a pleasing surprise.

And for those wondering about the other EarthSeige Games: Well, they were downloadable at Here, but the website is clearly MIA.
I literally went there just last week because I discovered my CD copy of Earthsiege 2 stopped working.
Looks like I got incredibly lucky.
I remember being able to right click and bring up the bio of the pilot your bioderms are based on. Can't seem to do that in the GoG version. A fairly minor issue since it's just fluff but it would be nice to see them.
Post edited July 24, 2019 by tremere110
Holy smoke, now there's a blast from the past! Funny thing, I was actually getting Cyberstorm 2 up and going last weekend. I have it on disk, but only ever played the demo of this one. Really nice to see this here; when Hi-Rez made the other 'Cybrid universe' games available as freeware but the two Cyberstorms weren't included I was afraid they might be lost to time.
Darvond: What a pleasing surprise.

And for those wondering about the other EarthSeige Games: Well, they were downloadable at Here, but the website is clearly MIA.
Sejanoz: I literally went there just last week because I discovered my CD copy of Earthsiege 2 stopped working.
Looks like I got incredibly lucky.
Oh snap, I was there last week too trying (and failing) to get Starsiege going in an XP VM along with CS2 Corporate Wars. Website up for years, 404s right before the missing game shows up on GOG...maybe the whole series is coming here? Would be nice, in any case...Hi-Rez gave us a really neat gift but there's no getting around the fact that a straight ISO install has some serious issues on newer operating systems.
Post edited July 24, 2019 by NovusBogus
darktjm: Also, yes, it is definitely turn-based.
Andrzejef: Yes, it is - there are hexes
Thanks both of you!

Now I only need to know if the game runs under Wine.
Post edited July 24, 2019 by eiii
Nice pickup! This is like... THE definition of a Good Old Game.

I could never make it by the first big "chapter advancement" mission but always had a blast playing the game. There are a ton of options for building your squad and you really have to use them all. You need quick scouts with nice sensors, you need specialized guys to knock out shields, you need big freakin' bruisers to stomp into a mess and clean house.

I loved that you even had to pick pilots for the mec... er "hercs" ;) and they all had a variety of skills in different areas. Cool game to finally see have a home here.
For anyone wondering and not wanting to hasstle with the ISOs of old Metaltech games - there is a page with new and official installers to ease the installation of these venerable and now also free titles. You just point them to the ISOs - and they do everything themselves. Was playing EarthSiege/StarSiege series for a year now, fantastic stuff.
http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/NewSierraInstallers.html
Post edited July 24, 2019 by Chiteki
Chiteki: For anyone wandering and not wanting to hasstle with the ISOs of old Metaltech games - there is a page with new and official installers to ease the installation of these venerable and now also free titles. You just point them to the ISOs - and they do everything themselves. Was playing EarthSiege/StarSiege series for a year now, fantastic stuff.
http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/NewSierraInstallers.html
This is how I managed to install Blade Runner from CDs. Truly recommended for everyone who can't install old Sierra games on modern systems.
This is a Windows game? Wonder how good the compatibility is on Windows 7/10.
Hadn't the time yet to try and run it over here (Win 7 64bit), but should you run into trouble this may help:

https://github.com/juanitogan/rbxit/wiki/CyberStorm-1
eiii: Now I only need to know if the game runs under Wine.
Hi,
I can't answer that question myself, as I use windows only, but darktjm wrote that so far it works well with wine for him.

darktjm: Games of this vintage tend to use a lot of APIs that aren't well-implemented in wine. This game seems to work fine, though. So far.
Post edited July 24, 2019 by Andrzejef
MartiusR: Sadly, it seems that "online" multiplayer is not working in GOG version (or I'm missing something in my system?), because I'm receiving this error when I'm trying to launch it:
The game has only local hot-seat mode available. We'll update the gamecard to make it more clear.
Great to see this here. This game's style has been an influence on me.
Good Old Game, indeed. Thanks, GOG.
It's nice to see more Dynamix classics here. I hope one day we'll get the rest of the Metaltech and the Aces series as well.

[https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/metaltech-tribes-universe

https://www.mobygames.com/game/aces-collection-series
Post edited July 24, 2019 by karnak1
gog i salute thee for bringing us this game.

I sincerely hope the widescreen patch and music refreshments can be part of this game too.

I have to say that the first impression, The training mission, does seem to work better then the abandonware version i played. The enemy cybrid never moved though, i'm hoping this will rectify its self soon. The abandonware version had a knack of presenting the player with rabid hybrid forces so to speak.

Good job and once more, i do hope you can pull "a blizzard"on this game

Sincerely

Christiaan