It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MissionForce: CyberStorm is now available and DRM free.

Originally developed by Dynamix in 1996, this turned-based strategy mixes exciting gameplay with (back then) stunning visuals. With randomly generated scenarios and over 75 special weapons to purchase and upgrade, the game promise unlimited replayability while you create the ultimate fighting machines.
eiii: Now I only need to know if the game runs under Wine.
As I said in the message you quoted, it works for me, so far (the partial screenshot I provided was under Linux/wine). To expand on that, I have messed around in the base facilities, saved and loaded, and completed a mission, with no issues. Even the videos work, which is rare for me lately. Using wine-4.0.1 (latest stable) with a fresh prefix, no winetricks or significant patches. Of course I do not/have never run this on Windows, so if something's missing, I'll never know it. Other than that, it seems pretty close to perfect.
Swedrami: Hadn't the time yet to try and run it over here (Win 7 64bit), but should you run into trouble this may help:

https://github.com/juanitogan/rbxit/wiki/CyberStorm-1
Is that site trustworthy? I tried to download the patch, but google blocked it, citing that it detected a virus?

I mean, I know github itself is, but is the content in that link specifically?
Post edited July 24, 2019 by bobtheckroach
Swedrami: Hadn't the time yet to try and run it over here (Win 7 64bit), but should you run into trouble this may help:

https://github.com/juanitogan/rbxit/wiki/CyberStorm-1
bobtheckroach: Is that site trustworthy? I tried to download the patch, but google blocked it, citing that it detected a virus?

It's 100% safe, I've used it by myself back when I was playing in retail version of Missionforce: Cyberstorm.

Web browsers (built-in "scanners") have tendency to "overreact" for files/programs used to modification (also such stuff like character editors for cRPGs etc). Surely it doesn't mean that all such stuff is 100%, but in this particular case I can tell that it's checked and safe.
bobtheckroach: Is that site trustworthy? I tried to download the patch, but google blocked it, citing that it detected a virus?

MartiusR: It's 100% safe, I've used it by myself back when I was playing in retail version of Missionforce: Cyberstorm.

Web browsers (built-in "scanners") have tendency to "overreact" for files/programs used to modification (also such stuff like character editors for cRPGs etc). Surely it doesn't mean that all such stuff is 100%, but in this particular case I can tell that it's checked and safe.
Cool, that's what I was looking for. I tried 2 browsers and both flagged it, so it had me on guard. Thanks!
igrok: Awesome and instant purchase!

By the way, is there a proper manual for the game somewhere? All I see is an installation guide.
This thing is a bit problematic - I've got retail version but it seems that there wasn't included (in "printed") form anything else than Quick Reference and very humble manual (second one added by GOG). Appareantly, main "content" of manual was included as "help files" (in this old format for Windows 95/98), available from the game, but not possible to open in modern systems (at least not without additional software)

Not sure how much will it help, but here, scans of Quick Reference from retail version:
https://imgur.com/a/6nKM81j
MartiusR: Not sure how much will it help, but here, scans of Quick Reference from retail version:
https://imgur.com/a/6nKM81j
Thanks a lot, this is really nice of you to provide the quick reference! I also checked it at ebay, and it seems a printed manual wasn't included with the game.
Unfortunately this looks like to be not compatible with the GoG version anyway.
At least for me it's a checksum mismatch for CWARSDLL.DLL which prevents the patch from being applied correctly.
darktjm: As I said in the message you quoted, it works for me, so far (the partial screenshot I provided was under Linux/wine).
Ooops, apparently I was so much focussed on the answer to my question that I've completely overlooked the first part of your message. Sorry and thanks for the confirmation!
Insta-purchase! I love this game.
ShadowWulfe: Looks pretty cool. Is there a campaign or is it just random maps?
There's a campaign, and it's really good. The story & background are shown in an understated but really interesting way. The devs managed to build a really great game where story & mechanics complement each other.
Post edited July 25, 2019 by Gilozard
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

Yeah...uh, instabought.
Via this brings back memories, and still fun to play.
GOG. I can't think you enough from bringing this out on a modern platform. I have the original cd and been struggling to play it the last few years once windows 10 hit. Getting it to play on windows 7 was hard enough.

Thanks again!