It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Did someone say dungeon brawler?

Mana Spark is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until January 18th, 4PM UTC.

Humanity has definitely seen better days. Also in the game. Yet, all it takes is a single mana spark to re-ignite hope. That and a few dozen arrows, accurate skill-shots, and timely sword swings. The monsters have gotten smarter, deadlier. You must plan and execute your moves perfectly if you're to leave these perilous halls alive.
low rated
Thankfully, the pixels in the title are blurred so it softens the eye rape when browsing the title page a little.
ShadowWulfe: I prefer my games on GOG, and greatly appreciate when the games are kept equivalent to other platforms. Selling a lacking version for the same price as a complete version makes it seem like the developer does not lend as much precedence to that version.
skirtish: The GOG version has advantages that other platforms don't have. It is therefore not a "lacking" version, but one that trades in one feature (achievements) for another (DRM-free). Other versions aren't "complete" insofar that they lack being future-proof. At best you could claim that both versions are lacking, i.e. lacking something the other has.

If one doesn't care for achievements at all, I know which version I'd call inferior.

You can of course ask for achievements anyway, but your rationalization is, no offense, deficient.
DRM-Free > Achievements... long live gog/DRM Free!
Achievements are one of the worst things to be added to games. If they're only for bragging rights, you might as well add a scoring system instead. If they give rewards, just make them a side/bonus/secret/hidden quests. Achievements are bad and they should feel bad. :)
low rated
Darn.

I was hoping for Secret of Mana Spark, but got another generic looking "we forgot to hire an artist" action game, well after everyone was done with low fi pixel art.
Breja: Pixelate
Proceduraly generated
Roguelike

So much for hoping this bandwagon will be dead by 2019.
At least it is not "narrative-driven" and feature neither a "ton of content" nor "permadeath".
returnONE: We're really proud to have our game on GOG!

Feel free to post any doubts you have. I'll be around.
toxicTom: *Cheers*

good to see the devs here, I wish this would happen more often.

Although I have to admit, this is not my kind of game, sorry.
Cheers
No worries!
i_hope_you_rot: Ok Gog employees . Which one of you has an obsession for procedurally generated pixel art games ? :p
Lone_Scout: I have an obsession for that, and I pay money for that stuff. Enough to keep the roguelite spree indefinitely :D

Lone_Scout: Cheers! Nice to see devs around.
Yass! Thanks for the support ;D
returnONE:
ShadowWulfe: While many people are indifferent or don't really care for achievements, at the end of the day it is still a feature that is part of the game. If one version has one feature and the other does not, it is safe to consider the lacking version to be inferior.

I prefer my games on GOG, and greatly appreciate when the games are kept equivalent to other platforms. Selling a lacking version for the same price as a complete version makes it seem like the developer does not lend as much precedence to that version.

As an aside, I would guess that this has strong inspiration from Hammerwatch?
I'm sorry to hear that. That's the way we managed to bring the game to more stores without taking us so long.
As I said before, we're still considering adding the achievements though, depending on players' feedback.

I didn't played a lot of Hammerwatch. The inspiration is more from The Binding of Isaac, Spelunky and games with cool combat like Monster Hunter and the Souls series.

Reglisse: Thanks for Linux and no DRM ^^
I bought it!
Now...I need time to play...
Thanks a lot for the support!
Linux gave us some headaches, I hope it was worth it.

takezodunmer2005: Love the artwork it's gorgeous, I'm a sucker for pixel art, but I don't care much for permadeath in my RPGs as it defeats the purpose of even progressing with my character when you can lose it all over a simple mistake, too tedious for me, unless it's handled like heroes of hammerwatch, then it's an insta-wishlist/buy from me!

Either way, I'm glad to see this on gog!

(I'm broke until next month!)
I has permadeath, but you have an encampment where you upgrade your stuff.
So the progress to the end of the game must be done in one successful run, but between every run you're unlocking and learning new things.
Post edited January 12, 2019 by returnONE
Reglisse: Thanks for Linux and no DRM ^^
I bought it!
Now...I need time to play...
i_ni: I bought it for the same reason, cheers!
Thanks a ton! Cheers
Please add achievements
DoomSooth: Achievements are one of the worst things to be added to games.
I completely agree and look down on trophy chasers. But the problem is... there's a lot of them out there

So although I think gaming was more pure without devs artificially creating goals and gamers actually enjoying the game for what it is (rather than stroking their ego, or satiating their lack of received affection in their upbringing).. the truth is that a lot of gamers prioritize Achievements over everything. Since it's now an accepted part of the culture, unfortunately, devs have to play ball or lose sales.

Whether the number of sales gained by it is worth the effort, well, I'm no marketing/business person. So I'll leave it at that.
Post edited January 12, 2019 by thuey
Waldschatten: Definitely on my list, though I'm a bit too broke to buy even this right now.

Holiday recovery is a $&@#+!
Ogdin: I can buy you the game now and you can pay me back later, I've asked you multiple times about this and I won't stop until you at least reply. Anyone else that also wants this offer is more than welcome to ask me and I'll gladly help them out.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass on that, I prefer to never owe anyone anything.

I drop keys on the giveaway thread all the time, and pick them up from there fairly often, but I don't really do loans even when it comes to friends and family.

I trade, sometimes, but I've got I think one GOG key and maybe half a dozen Steam ones that are in limbo as I'm trying to get my kids into a genre and will give the keys to them if they're interested or drop them on the giveaway if they're not.
DoomSooth: Achievements are one of the worst things to be added to games.
thuey: I completely agree and look down on trophy chasers. But the problem is... there's a lot of them out there
The only time I ever notice them is when they're added halfway through, or I get a game here that I started elsewhere, and I end up with the endgame or random action trophies but none of the normal ones.

Kinda like Aragami, which I picked up here after I was pretty much done with the game via Origin Access, none of the major trophies but I have some for things like specific kinds of kills or alerting a guard multiple times.
Post edited January 12, 2019 by Waldschatten
got a bug that fires remain on the map , how to fix it?

Great to see that you Devs engage with the community!
I love the game so far, although I still keep dying getting used to the KBM controls. Would love to see achievements implemented and some short explanation of how encampments work and the 'Try' cards mechanic when dying/retrying.
I don’t think I saw anyone else ask this, but forgive me if I just missed it. This looks similar to Isaac or Gungeon. Is that a fair comparison? What are the differences?