It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome back to the family.

Mafia is now available DRM-free and only on GOG.com.
The action/adventure classic that you really shouldn't refuse, finally returns. Embark on a celebrated open-world thriller and follow Tommy Angelo's rise (or fall, depending on your perspective) to a perilous life of high-stakes crime in 1930s America. The city of Lost Heaven is your playground, as long as you don't let the police catch you in the act, wise guy.

NOTE: This rerelease of Mafia has an edited soundtrack and does not include any licensed music.
Given that rockstar is part of 2k games. We can also hope to see the first gta (gta 1 to san andreas).
Lukin86: The problem with music is a matter of rights.2k games will not get paid for a game that he is over 15 years old. Especially that the fee does not cost 10 dollars ^^.
Nothing to do with that. Music is licensed for a set period. They had a 10 year window of opportunity.
Lukin86: The problem with music is a matter of rights.2k games will not get paid for a game that he is over 15 years old. Especially that the fee does not cost 10 dollars ^^.
mechmouse: Nothing to do with that. Music is licensed for a set period. They had a 10 year window of opportunity.
May be a mod could solve that easily.
tfishell: I wouldn't expect a reply in this thread; you might want to message a bluetext or Support.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: All potential customers should have a clear answer as to what music, specifically, exactly, is included and excluded within GOGs phrase "the game's original soundtrack." Nobody other than GOG and the publisher knows what that phrase means. Therefore, it requires public clarification by way of much greater specificity.
It'd be nice but again it may be tough to get a response. However Thiev responded to a question about languages, so you may be in luck.

I believe the original musical score is still intact, but the soundtrack - radio music, basically music with lyrics - is not.
mechmouse: Nothing to do with that. Music is licensed for a set period. They had a 10 year window of opportunity.
Lobuno: May be a mod could solve that easily.
most likely, but it would also be liable for a DMCA takedown notice or legal action.
deja65: Why for the love of God is this game disabled for purchase in Serbia? This doesn’t make any sense.GOG please clarify :(.Cheers
Working fine for me. It must be something on your end. :p

Thank you GOG and 2K so much! If you managed to get Mafia back but at a cost of licenced music removed, that means other valuable games that aren't available can be here as well. :p
Question What music did it have?

Surely any authentic music from the 1930's would have left copyright by now?
GOG won't let me buy this game: "You cannot proceed with your order because game Mafia is not allowed to be sold in your country of residence." This factually inaccurate, there are no legal restrictions on any games whatsoever here.
So this is the full price for the game with no discounts?
I have a german censored version which i know how to uncensor by just changing the exe to the english one,but one missions will crash the game when i do this,think it was the cigar truck mission as soon as i got some papers from one guy it would crash
Anyway wants the english version which is probably uncensored and almost the best version,since some music is missing here i wonder if i can add it from the dvd version.
Also the dvd it says it's a directx 8.1 game here it says directx 9.Gonna have to trust the dvd then the generic gog system requirements i believe.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Fonzer
Kristian: GOG won't let me buy this game: "You cannot proceed with your order because game Mafia is not allowed to be sold in your country of residence." This factually inaccurate, there are no legal restrictions on any games whatsoever here.
Could you open a Support ticket please? It will help us with pinpointing the source.
This is just a sample of what GOG's release is missing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1j8VLPasO0
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Lobuno
mechmouse: Surely any authentic music from the 1930's would have left copyright by now?
Not necessarily, especially if the copyright is 70 years+author's death.
tfishell: I believe the original musical score is still intact, but the soundtrack - radio music, basically music with lyrics - is not.
What is "the original musical score," though?

Does the "original musical score" include songs like this one that play during the Running Man mission, or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8z-iE-jPI

..cuz that to play that mission without that song in the background would be an infinitely inferior experience.
The Holy Grail of GOG Releases!

I actually picked this up for about R20 (~$1) a month or too ago!
Sadly the 3rd disc was too scratched to install :(
Gonna get it buffed and try again.
But other than that I WILL be buying this on GOG irregardless!

GOG you never cease to amaze me!
Thanks for this release!

Now only if they can sort out the saga around the original Prey :P
While the soundtrack thing is a sad panda... maybe the community will do something about it in a patch or mod, so...

Thanks a lot GOG. Another classic got. Now, let's wait till the pain on the forums starts, cause the game can be a bit hard. ^.^