It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time for an action-adventure detective RPG – Inspector Schmidt - A Bavarian Tale is here, with a -60% launch discount until March 21st, 4 PM UTC!

In a third-person RPG detective story, set in Bavaria in 1866, the medical student Valentin Schmidt travels to Wolpertshofen, when a sudden death causes turmoil in the village. Use your skills, find clues and question the villagers to stop the murders.

You can also get:
Lösungsbuch - PDF - Inspector Schmidt - A Bavarian Tale
Inspector Schmidt - A Bavarian Tale - Collectors Edition
Inspector Schmidt - A Bavarian Tale - Soundtrack

Now on GOG!
Guter: Like I said; covering the tracks. :-p
MarkoH01: Sometimes "renaming" just means renaming.

I also aksed the devs about the missing achievements and they should arrive soon.
While performance is a mixed bag (suddenly I experienced performance hits withot any reason) I definitely have to applaud the rebinding options. You are able to rebind every single key with whatever key or mouse button you want ... and it is working just fine. The keyprompts in game however don't change but I can live with that.
Hey thanks for the info. I just played a game that does not offer rebinding (The Inheritance Of Crimson Manor), so I was curious about this.

Did you happen to notice if this game supports inverted Y-axis? Thankfully, that Crimson Manor game supported that option, but so many of these smaller game studios don't bother with such things.
MarkoH01: Sometimes "renaming" just means renaming.

I also aksed the devs about the missing achievements and they should arrive soon.
While performance is a mixed bag (suddenly I experienced performance hits withot any reason) I definitely have to applaud the rebinding options. You are able to rebind every single key with whatever key or mouse button you want ... and it is working just fine. The keyprompts in game however don't change but I can live with that.
GilesHabibula: Hey thanks for the info. I just played a game that does not offer rebinding (The Inheritance Of Crimson Manor), so I was curious about this.

Did you happen to notice if this game supports inverted Y-axis? Thankfully, that Crimson Manor game supported that option, but so many of these smaller game studios don't bother with such things.
It does offer "invert mouse" option which in case that you should use a controller will also apply to the controller.
Post edited March 20, 2024 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: It does offer "invert mouse" option which in case that you should use a controller will also apply to the controller.
Thank you.
I was now able to complete the game. So far they have fixed all bugs that could be game breaking and performance for me was good enough with 45-50 fps in 1080p until the very end. Yes, the game still has a few technical issues (especially texture popping and some character placements) but I really enjoyed the characters, the story and the gameplay (here your choices really make a difference and depending on how many information you have gathered your possible answers will get reduced). So if you are fine with a product that is not perfectly polished yet but offers an enjoyable story in an unusual setting I'd recommend it. You should treat it as a kind of late early access game since the devs are pushing updates continuesly to fix remaining bugs and improve performance.
Post edited March 24, 2024 by MarkoH01