It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time for an action-adventure detective RPG – Inspector Schmidt - A Bavarian Tale is here, with a -60% launch discount until March 21st, 4 PM UTC!

In a third-person RPG detective story, set in Bavaria in 1866, the medical student Valentin Schmidt travels to Wolpertshofen, when a sudden death causes turmoil in the village. Use your skills, find clues and question the villagers to stop the murders.

You can also get:
Lösungsbuch - PDF - Inspector Schmidt - A Bavarian Tale
Inspector Schmidt - A Bavarian Tale - Collectors Edition
Inspector Schmidt - A Bavarian Tale - Soundtrack

Now on GOG!
i_ni: I bothered to check how the game fits (present days) Bavaria, starting from game's title:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_most_common_surnames_in_Germany
> Data updated to 12 February 2021.
> 1. Müller, occupation (miller)
> 2. Schmidt, occupation (smith)
> 3. Schneider, occupation (tailor)
We actually have a Huber family in our neighborhood and I know a few Müllers :D

The village in the game looks very bavarian too!
Guter: The first game in this series was, and still is, a technical disaster AFAIK.
Series?
https://www.4players.de/4players.php/spielinfonews/PC-CDROM/44139/2204071/A_Bavarian_Tale_Totgeschwiegen-Bayerischer_Detektiv-Krimi_ist_ab_sofort_verfuegbar.html[/url] This one. Seems it has been removed on the other platform?! Covering the tracks?!
Post edited March 15, 2024 by Guter
Deleted
Post edited March 15, 2024 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: They compare this one to another game. They even say that this is a debut title. I still can't see a series.
Both have "A Bavarian tale" in the title. ;-)
Post edited March 15, 2024 by Guter
MarkoH01: They compare this one to another game. They even say that this is a debut title. I still can't see a series.
Guter: Both have "A Bavarian tale" in the title. ;-)
I deleted my previous post - I just realized that these seem to be two different games (thought they were identical). However they seem too similar for my taste so maybe this is just a reworked version of the "first" and they simply renamed the product after improving it? I will do some research.

https://activefungus-studios.de/a-bavarian-tale-totgeschwiegen/

Link says "totgeschwiegen" but the page shows "inspector Schmidt".
Post edited March 15, 2024 by MarkoH01
Yes, I'm sorry to say this, but think this is kind of a desperate "cover up". I don't wish the devs anything bad, but they need to come clear, really!
Guter: Both have "A Bavarian tale" in the title. ;-)
Just asked the devs on their discord:
"Das Spiel wurde umbenannt. A Bavarian Tale - Totgeschwiegen ist der alte Name."
"The Game has been renamed. A Bavarian Tale - Totgeschwiegen is the old name."
This looks really good, thanks for sharing.
Finally a game on gog that actually dares to have some history and culture in it, and european one at that, I thought we were banned and cancelled from gaming?
MarkoH01: "Das Spiel wurde umbenannt.
Like I said; covering the tracks. :-p
MarkoH01: "Das Spiel wurde umbenannt.
Guter: Like I said; covering the tracks. :-p
Sometimes "renaming" just means renaming.

I also aksed the devs about the missing achievements and they should arrive soon.
While performance is a mixed bag (suddenly I experienced performance hits withot any reason) I definitely have to applaud the rebinding options. You are able to rebind every single key with whatever key or mouse button you want ... and it is working just fine. The keyprompts in game however don't change but I can live with that.
MarkoH01: I definitely have to applaud the rebinding options. You are able to rebind every single key with whatever key or mouse button you want
Well, that's great. Just like almost every PC game in almost every of the last 20 years.
MarkoH01: I definitely have to applaud the rebinding options. You are able to rebind every single key with whatever key or mouse button you want
Guter: Well, that's great. Just like almost every PC game in almost every of the last 20 years.
Unfortunately that is absolutely not the case. There are a lot of games that don't offer key rebinds at all and even those who do only allow a few keys to rebind ... several don't allow you to use cursor keys and only very few allow you to rebind a key to a mouse button sinec in most cases they have one "mouse" section and one "key" section..
Post edited March 16, 2024 by MarkoH01
The major, major and also major problem of this game is the horrible performance and lacking engine mastery.
The key binding functionality is already in the engine's framework, they just needed to create a UI screen for that!