It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

4X-ing your way to galactic domination.

<span class="bold">Imperium Galactica II: Alliances</span>, an ambitious mix of addictive 4X gameplay and hands-on RTS mechanics, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount! The original <span class="bold">Imperium Galactica</span> is also 20% off for a week.

There's a scary galaxy waiting for you out there: Deadly secrets, long-dormant technologies, hostile races vying for supremacy. But you've got the means to prevail. Non-stop exploration, intense negotiations, strategic powerplays, shadowy espionage, extensive research - it's up to you which tools to use and how. Start by picking among three playable races (with different strengths and playstyles each) and establishing your colony upon an unclaimed planet. Neutralizing rival races and conquering other planets will soon become essential stepping stones to greatness, so play your cards right and you might eventually give rise to a galactic empire that will change the course of history forever.

Choose the humble beginning and the glorious ending of your empire in Imperium Galactica II: Alliances -- DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 20% discount for both <span class="bold">Imperium Galactica</span> and <span class="bold">Imperium Galactica II</span> will last until January 26, 5:59PM UTC.
Impaler26: Meh. Another 4X RTS game and at $9.99 asking price quite expensive for a 18 years old game.

But at least it's one more old game in GOG's catalogue so i can't really complain. :D
It's still one of the best and about the only one on the market that has simulated ground combat instead of just number crunching the ground battles. Tanks and forts on the ground - whlist you have ground to space cannon as well as battle stations for planet defence along with spaceships!

Also did I mention that colony building is rather like sim-city (simplified but more complex, unique and diverse than most other titles in the genre)

This is a classic that still stands the test of time in many areas!
Started the game and noticed a number of improvements in sound and the opening videos to what i remember the original was like which is fantastic. Many thanks THQ Nordic for the improvements.
mistermumbles: Nice. It even comes with a Mac version. Something to play on my Mini when I don't want to power up the real gaming machine. ;)

vicklemos: DAMN!

1) L-Linux?!
2) How!?
mistermumbles: Wine, presumably.
Amazing, then!
rampancy: Many, many thanks to Thom and everyone else at THQ Nordic for bringing this to GOG, and with Mac/Lin versions right out of the gate. Once again, you show the rest of the industry how it should be done.
Same here, THQNordic and GOG. I'm extremely pleased, bring dem space gems/more new classic games to Linux. Bring it on! :D
Post edited January 19, 2017 by vicklemos
Splatsch: I already own Imperium Galactica I, and I see it discounted at 80%, is this normal ?
ThomNG: Definitely an error on the side of GOG - already reported to them, should be fixed in a minute.
Any plans to release the rest of the NovaLogic library? In particular the Armored Fist series? Gog could use some tank sims.
Nordic is the MVP. Quarterback ThomNG.
Thanks THQ Nordic! I still have the original cd, and the big ole manual that came with it. I couldn't get it to run on Win 10, so this is an awesome addition.
Now the Imperium Galactica series is complete! :)

Does IG2 have a windowed mode?
I remember having the trailer for this game in one of my old CD roms. But it was a CG trailer only, though I did like it. :)
ThomNG: Here we go! Just as promised :) enjoy the second part of this classic jewel's franchise!

Cheers
IN-STA-BUY! IN-STA-BUY! IN-STA-BUY!

Thanks guys! Been waiting for this one for a loooong time.
Grargar: Now, how many who yelled "Imperium Galactica 2 instabuy!" in the first game's release thread will follow up on their word? :)
Already did ;-)
Imperium Galactica 2 is back and looking better than ever with new high-res textures and vivid colors.
Does this mean that this isn't the original game, but a PC port of the mobile port?
Post edited January 19, 2017 by Wishbone
vicklemos: DAMN!

1) L-Linux?!
2) How!?
Looks like it's actually a native port :)
ThomNG: Here we go! Just as promised :) enjoy the second part of this classic jewel's franchise!

Cheers
Oh yes ! Thank you !
adamhm: Looks like it's actually a native port :)
Really? Awesome!
I really love the fact that it's not just the original version released with a patch to make it work on a modern OS but an update to make it work on widescreen monitors in native resolution as well. This is exactly what I hoped for :-)
Wishlisted.
:-) :-)