It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

4X-ing your way to galactic domination.

<span class="bold">Imperium Galactica II: Alliances</span>, an ambitious mix of addictive 4X gameplay and hands-on RTS mechanics, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount! The original <span class="bold">Imperium Galactica</span> is also 20% off for a week.

There's a scary galaxy waiting for you out there: Deadly secrets, long-dormant technologies, hostile races vying for supremacy. But you've got the means to prevail. Non-stop exploration, intense negotiations, strategic powerplays, shadowy espionage, extensive research - it's up to you which tools to use and how. Start by picking among three playable races (with different strengths and playstyles each) and establishing your colony upon an unclaimed planet. Neutralizing rival races and conquering other planets will soon become essential stepping stones to greatness, so play your cards right and you might eventually give rise to a galactic empire that will change the course of history forever.

Choose the humble beginning and the glorious ending of your empire in Imperium Galactica II: Alliances -- DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 20% discount for both <span class="bold">Imperium Galactica</span> and <span class="bold">Imperium Galactica II</span> will last until January 26, 5:59PM UTC.
YAY! Nice to see this here. Wishlisted for now.
Kardwill: Looks cool. I have a question for those of you that played this game and IG1

I loved the fact that IG1 was not a typical 4X : There was a campaign of sorts, where you started as a cruiser captain doing missions in a limited sector, and unlocked new stuff and new responsibilities as the story advanced. It made things feel much more personal even after you became war minister of the whole terran faction, y'know.

Is IG2 in the same vein, or is it a more classical 4X?
whystler2012: More classical. DR decided with IG2 to make a more conventional 4x game revolving around a RTS take on the turn based 4x experience.

There is a story, mind you, mostly embedded in the Solarian campaign, but, and i say this with a thought on a review i saw on Steam, if you are looking for a sequel to IG in terms of story, or expect the same story rich narrative as IG or Reunion, you will be disappointed. IG2 does not deliver that.

Instead it is currently the best and most extensive RTS game that implements the conventional 4x formula, being rivaled in depth only by its turn based counterparts.And yes, that includes Sins, which lacks ground combat, colony management or freeform travel and exploration.
Thanks for the info. Since I'm not that much into RTS in my 4X (I can't play Sins for long before I lose interest, for example), and the scripted begining was what made IG1 stand apart in my mind, I'll probably pass this one. Or at least, until I've played the other 4X that are already on my plate, like Sword of the Stars ^^

Thanks, fellow evil genius. May your minions tremble with fear and your secret base prosper (until I crush it like a sandcastle because there can only be one master of the world, anyway, but it's nothing personal) :)
Post edited January 20, 2017 by Kardwill
Kardwill: Thanks, fellow evil genius. May your minions tremble with fear and your secret base prosper (until I crush it like a sandcastle because there can only be one master of the world, anyway, but it's nothing personal) :)
The forces of justice will have laid waste to your stronghold long before that. They pay far less heed to me!
Yay! Finally! Thank You!
Is anyone else having problems with not being able to issue attack orders? My mouse doesn't change to red "attack" icon and everything is a move command.
styggron: One thing I can't figure out though is that my boxed version is 4 CDs but the page says the installed is not even 600 meg. Sure it would be compressed but is this the entire IG II still so it is still like my boxed version ?
Wishbone: I've been wondering the same thing myself, especially since this version is apparently even enhanced with hi-res textures and such. I expect that the answer lies in part in modern compression techniques, and in part in the fact that on the original discs, a lot of the data was probably on all three of the campaign discs, in order to eliminate disc swapping.

Edit:
Yup, looking into the installed files, all the sounds are in .ogg format, and all the video is .mp4, neither of which I'm sure was used in the original game.
Understood. Thank you very much for that. Yes indeed MP4 certainly was not in wide use back when the release game out so probably a whole whole of optimisation. I was under the impression that the extra disks contained the files for the additional races. So long as they are here anyway, I guess it is complete yes ?
Wishbone: I've been wondering the same thing myself, especially since this version is apparently even enhanced with hi-res textures and such. I expect that the answer lies in part in modern compression techniques, and in part in the fact that on the original discs, a lot of the data was probably on all three of the campaign discs, in order to eliminate disc swapping.

Edit:
Yup, looking into the installed files, all the sounds are in .ogg format, and all the video is .mp4, neither of which I'm sure was used in the original game.
styggron: Understood. Thank you very much for that. Yes indeed MP4 certainly was not in wide use back when the release game out so probably a whole whole of optimisation. I was under the impression that the extra disks contained the files for the additional races. So long as they are here anyway, I guess it is complete yes ?
I expect that it is, yes. Regarding the race discs, at that time hard drive space was not as plentiful and cheap as it is today. And given the propensity of publishers at the time to require having a disc in the drive anyway, it made a certain kind of sense to use the leftover space on those disks for common game data, in order to minimize hard drive usage. I am not absolutely certain this was done with ImGal2, but I know that some games did this.
KajQrd: It seems to just automatically go by your desktop resolution. There is a text file (ig2.settings) that allows you to enter windowed mode and select window dimensions. But I haven't found any resolution options for fullscreen there. And there aren't any in the game.
That doesn't sound good. I do not like such automatisms when you do not have controls to manually override them. Thanks for the info though. :)
KajQrd: It seems to just automatically go by your desktop resolution. There is a text file (ig2.settings) that allows you to enter windowed mode and select window dimensions. But I haven't found any resolution options for fullscreen there. And there aren't any in the game.
eiii: That doesn't sound good. I do not like such automatisms when you do not have controls to manually override them. Thanks for the info though. :)
I'm not a fan either. But I played it for a couple of hours yesterday and I actually felt no need to try to change it. So basically for me it just works. But I could certainly imagine some scenarios where it could be a problem...
Would love to purchase but still getting the Paypal loop buy.

*sigh*

Takes the payment information, tries to process the payment and I wind up back on the gog "choose your payment" screen.
Post edited January 22, 2017 by drmike
low rated
Would love to purchase, but the forum is still infested with neo-nazis while the staff is seemingly just sitting with their thumbs up their asses.
plagren: Would love to purchase, but the forum is still infested with neo-nazis while the staff is seemingly just sitting with their thumbs up their asses.
You know what you’re saying is a disgrace to the Holocaust victims and other real victims of racism, sexism, etc., right? Indeed, by throwing these terms all around, you make the words totally lose their true meaning—no, they don’t mean “people I disagree with,” sorry. It’s like you don’t want to learn your lessons from these past elections: you won’t gain people’s trust and friendship by thought‐patrolling them.

(Anyway, this is a game release thread, so it’s not really the place for such a discussion when there already are threads about it and related.)
plagren: Would love to purchase, but the forum is still infested with neo-nazis while the staff is seemingly just sitting with their thumbs up their asses.
What does the state of a forum have to do with one's ability to enjoy playing games? There's absolutely no logic in that. Hell, most people who buy games on GOG never bother with the forum at all.
low rated
Tyrrhia: You know what you’re saying is a disgrace to the Holocaust victims and other real victims of racism, sexism, etc., right? Indeed, by throwing these terms all around, you make the words totally lose their true meaning—no, they don’t mean “people I disagree with,” sorry. It’s like you don’t want to learn your lessons from these past elections: you won’t gain people’s trust and friendship by thought‐patrolling them.

(Anyway, this is a game release thread, so it’s not really the place for such a discussion when there already are threads about it and related.)
It looks like you immediately assumed I was talking about someone like yourself... What part of my post led you to that conclusions? No, I'm not talking about people I simply disagree with. I'm talking about the likes of KiNgBrAdLeY7 and infinite9 who openly advocate for violence against people of other ethnicities or sexual orientations. People who, on this forum, fantasize about killing "faggots" and leftists. Tell me, how and why do you expect me to gain the trust and friendship of someone who literally wants me dead? And what the hell does any of this have to do with "though patrolling"?

This thread may not be the place for this discussion, but neither is this forum the place for white pride bullshit.
Or maybe it is, apparently anything goes here.

mistermumbles: What does the state of a forum have to do with one's ability to enjoy playing games? There's absolutely no logic in that.
You're right, it has nothing to do with playing games. I haven't stopped playing games, I'm just no longer buying them from a company that clearly doesn't give a damn - of which the state of the forum is just one symptom. There's all the other stuff, too.

mistermumbles: Hell, most people who buy games on GOG never bother with the forum at all.
I'm genuinely happy for them. Unfortunately it's a bit too late for me.
plagren: This thread may not be the place for this discussion,
No it's not it's a subsection to discuss a new release Imperium Galactica 2: If you have a problem with something and would like to make your own thread then I suggest you do so, also gog has a feedback section.

Also to add many people come here to relax and have fun/ play games/ be a bit silly and get away from the real world after work/ school/ other. If you would like to discuss serious issues I suggest like stated above you make your own thread.

If you would like to delete your account you can do so by contacting gog.
Post edited January 22, 2017 by David9855