It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

...but they just can't kill The Beast.

<span class="bold">Homeworld: Emergence</span>, a stand-alone expansion to the beloved RTS, is now available exclusively on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

Previously released under a different name, this campaign is set 15 years after the events of the original Homeworld and chronicles the trials and tribulations of the Kushan as they try to repel an unknown alien threat dubbed the Beast. If you're to neutralize its corruptive influence and save your new home, you must engage in fierce space battles against both the afflicted and the Imperialist Taiidani. Are you ready?

The 10% discount will last until June 29, 4PM UTC.
Don't forget to check out our huge <span class="bold">Homeworld series sale</span> which includes the rest of the saga, going for up to -66% for a full week.

NOTE: Homeworld: Emergence was originally released as "Homeworld: Cataclysm". "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion. Other than the subtitle change, the game is identical to the game released in 2000.

Watch the game's intro.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by maladr0Id
Sorry if I missed it, but why no Windows XP support?
fuzzknuckle: Sorry if I missed it, but why no Windows XP support?
Because WinXP is dead.
Whoohoo instabuy.
Very cool, wouldn´t have thought that Gearbox would ever come closer to GOG and the community, but now they did...
Wow! Homeworld: Cataclysm made it to GOG?! I thought the source code was lost for this game.
Still can play the original version on my XP box but wishlisted for now.
(using Hubert J. Farnsworth's voice) "Good news everyone!"

Now get those Discworld games ;). And NOLF ;). And whatnot ;).

Ok, seriously. I'd have instabought it, if I hadn't owned CD version (second handed, from some re-release, bundled with Cyberstorm 2, only CDs in DVDbox, but at least it cost me, as far as I remember, no more than 4 or 5 bucks).
Wishlisted anyway. It's a great game, guys from Barking Dog Studios improved things that seemed perfect in HW1. Great story, inspired a bit by Star Trek, goes by Hitchcock's "A good film should start with an earthquake and be followed by rising tension.". Too bad it's not considered to be part of canon - the story is at least equal when compared with original game.
MirkotheGamer184: Im happy they found the source code of the game in the end and that it isnt lost .I hope they make a remaster of it.
The source code is likely long gone. But GoG found a workaround.
http://kotaku.com/surprise-a-long-lost-homeworld-game-is-now-for-sale-ag-1796332973
Insttabuy! Thought Fuck Blizzard for claiming the word "Cataclysm". Companies should have no rights to trademark names and words at all.
They don't release games for XP anymore...officially at least. I'm downloading H: E now - I'll post how does it look.

EDIT: It works on XP.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by tburger
Hey GOG, there's a great typo on the Homeworld Emergence page;

"Then they told us that the plant we left behind had been destroyed."

Damnit! I loved that rose bush! :P. Thanks for re-releasing a great game!
Attachments:
tburger: They don't release games for XP anymore...officially at least. I'm downloading H: E now - I'll post how does it look.
I'd be interested whether it runs on XP (or WINE) as well.
tburger: They don't release games for XP anymore...officially at least. I'm downloading H: E now - I'll post how does it look.
Klumpen0815: I'd be interested whether it runs on XP (or WINE) as well.
It does. Out of the box on OpenGL, Software and D3D. It doesn't work on 3dfx

EDIT: It works in 3dfx as well.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by tburger
tburger: It does. Out of the box on OpenGL, Software and D3D. It doesn't work on 3dfx

EDIT: It works in 3dfx as well.
if you have problem with 3dfx on start, try switching nGlide options to 'resolution by app'
They need to quit approving trademarks for real words and start penalizing any submissions attempting to :|.
Post edited June 23, 2017 by The_Gypsy