It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

...but they just can't kill The Beast.

<span class="bold">Homeworld: Emergence</span>, a stand-alone expansion to the beloved RTS, is now available exclusively on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

Previously released under a different name, this campaign is set 15 years after the events of the original Homeworld and chronicles the trials and tribulations of the Kushan as they try to repel an unknown alien threat dubbed the Beast. If you're to neutralize its corruptive influence and save your new home, you must engage in fierce space battles against both the afflicted and the Imperialist Taiidani. Are you ready?

The 10% discount will last until June 29, 4PM UTC.
Don't forget to check out our huge <span class="bold">Homeworld series sale</span> which includes the rest of the saga, going for up to -66% for a full week.

NOTE: Homeworld: Emergence was originally released as "Homeworld: Cataclysm". "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion. Other than the subtitle change, the game is identical to the game released in 2000.

Watch the game's intro.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by maladr0Id
GOG.com: ...but they just can't kill The Beast.
Dare I ask for some wine?
So it IS the same expansion, just a new name?

want to be clear about that, not that it matter because I'm buying it anyway and, just a a little FYI GOG, you could have charged fifty times that amount and you still would have had me. :P
So the expansion managed to get here after all. Outstanding work and much thanks to all involved for getting it here.
Oh, wow!
I read that they lost the source code to HW: Cataclysm. Incredible Release!
Amazing release! =)
Xoanon: I read that they lost the source code to HW: Cataclysm. Incredible Release!
Guess that remains unchanged.
Cool. I wasn't actually expecting for this to pop up here. :)
GOG.com: ...but they just can't kill The Beast.
JMich: Dare I ask for some wine?
They haven't had that spirit here since 1969.
Wait is this GOG exclusive or something? Doesn't seem to be on Steam.
high rated
Great game, and the Beast will drive you mad. This game also treats the Bentusi better than Homeworld 2 did. Does take a little getting used to the accents of the voices in the game, but doesn't detract from the general excellentness of it all.

Oh, and fuck that "copyright" noise. "Intellectual property" is one of the great notions of our age in which neither word applies to the underlying concept.
JMich: Dare I ask for some wine?
Wishbone: They haven't had that spirit here since 1969.
How about the pink champagne on ice?
Nice! I was always disappointed that Cataclysm didn't get a remake... but now it did!
high rated
After reading the note about the title change, all I can say is fuck Blizzard.
No idea this existed. BTW, does this mean now, that nobody can make a game with the word "cataclysm" in its name? I assume the Blizzard trademark is in regard to the WoW addon.
So Homeworld 1 and 2 are all part of one installer offering both the originals and the remaster. Is this separate and is it the original or the remastered or, like 1 and 2, both?