It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
I'm not even interested in the Hitman games, but this is appalling, to say the least.
Mjauv: The silent treatment really sucks. So dismissive.
That's your traditional corporate structure, especially in small to medium companies where they can still somewhat survive without scaling decision making.

They tend to have a couple of guys on the ground who notice things, but who don't have the authority to make decisions and convey them to the customer.

Then, you got the people higher up the food chain with actual authority to make decisions, but because they are several steps removed from individual complains on the ground and their time is also very limited (the more centralized the decision making is, the more those making the decisions are overwhelmed and decision-making in most smaller operations tend to be extremely centralized), very few complains get addressed.

At best, this leads to very long periods of silence before a reply and only for things that have a major impact on the bottom line receive communication.

At worst, there is no reply at all (for things that are "less" important). The guys on the ground really can't say anything, but vetted talk without permission. Even a simple "I don't know, let me talk to the guys higher up" might get them in trouble.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Magnitus
fronzelneekburm: They can't expect you to read the fine print underneath the system requirements in order to find out that this thing has DRM up the wazoo.
GamezRanker: That said, people should learn to read the fine print regardless....as it's always a useful skill to have.
Imo it's almost a crime to put this is fine print instead of BIG RED LETTERS - which already shows me that GOG is aware and simply hopes that people won't notice. Probably not a scam ... but pretty close to it.
Hi GOG.

I have been a member since you were in beta.

I bought my 469 games based on the promise you have made several times that you would always remain DRM-free. Your slogan was “Join the DRM-free revolution.” So I did.

Can I please refund my 469 games that were bought based on your false promise?
phaolo: It's how Gog deals with controversies lately :\
Lately? It is this way since years and it has been critizised since years. 6 from the communit actually critizised it to them personally in 2017 - some of those left GOG because GOG did not keep a single one of their promises they made back then.
Stop 'supporting gog' and just focus on supporting good developers.

Fates of Ort - 8BitSkull
Space Haven - Bugbyte
Minotaur - U7 committee
Tunguska: The Visitation - Rotorist Workshop
Stasis, Beautiful Desolation - The Brotherhood
Gamedec fairly active - Anshar Studios
Timberborn - Mechanistry
Foundation - Polymorph Games
Interstellar Space: Genesis - Praxis Games
Stellar Tactics - Maverick Games
Astrox Imperium - Jace Masula
Longcat: Hi GOG.

I bought my 469 games based on the promise you have made several times that you would always remain DRM-free. Your slogan was “Join the DRM-free revolution.” So I did.

I have bought 1663 games from GOG over the years. I like GOG. I support GOG. I always mention GOG in videos (comment section) I watch (when applicable of course), and other places.

I am not asking for a refund like you, but I have to say I am very disappointed they decided to go this way.

Am I going to buy this game? I don't plan to although I have it added in the basket, waiting to see if GOG will do something about it or not.

It's not just the issue of GOG doing something like this. It's the people behind GOG, who run GOG, who reached this decision. Don't they have any self-respect? Meh.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by trusteft
high rated
russellskanne: WTF! And you at GOG accepted this bs?! Utterly disappointing.
keeveek: whaaaa, why this online challenge requires online connection, whaa

oh, Goglodytes...
Ridiculous goglodytes, wanting to be able to save their progress offline...
tremere110: Nobody realizes the boiling frog experiment is a myth.
mrkgnao: That's why it's a good metaphor. Because GOG is DRM-free is also a myth.

===================================================================================
===================================================================================

MarkoH01: Why on earth is this post downvoted? There's not even an opinion in it one could disagree to.
mrkgnao: Since I began boycotting GOG, and as I tend to be vocal about it, most of my posts gets downvoted.

I don't mind. I wear it as a badge of honour.
I think it has do with you boycotting GOG, but then praising steam which makes no sense. It come off as being hypocrite. lol
Swissy88: Stop 'supporting gog' and just focus on supporting good developers.

Fates of Ort - 8BitSkull
Space Haven - Bugbyte
Minotaur - U7 committee
Tunguska: The Visitation - Rotorist Workshop
Stasis, Beautiful Desolation - The Brotherhood
Gamedec fairly active - Anshar Studios
Timberborn - Mechanistry
Foundation - Polymorph Games
Interstellar Space: Genesis - Praxis Games
Stellar Tactics - Maverick Games
Astrox Imperium - Jace Masula
Can I buy directly from them?
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Syphon72
high rated
Longcat: Hi GOG.

trusteft: I have bought 1663 games from GOG over the years. I like GOG. I support GOG. I always mention GOG in videos (comment section) I watch (when applicable of course), and other places.

I am not asking for a refund like you, but I have to say I am very disappointed they decided to go this way.

Am I going to buy this game? I don't plan to although I have it added in the basket, waiting to see if GOG will do something about it or not.

It's not just the issue of GOG doing something like this. It's the people behind GOG, who run GOG, who reached this decision. Don't they have any self-respect? Meh.
Don’t get me wrong, at this point I don’t even expect a reply, much less a refund.

I loved CD Projekt because they made triple A games, despite not being a huge developer, because they brought back games that were no longer available, because they were DRM free, and because gog was run by a small group of gamers like me, that actually cared about the same things, and catered to an actual community.

Thing started going downhill the moment they brought in that shady French pr/salesman years back. Their attitude changed at the same time. I’m sorry to say it, but it’s true. It was the same reason I stopped participating in the forums.

Shame. You were great once, GOG.
mrkgnao: Since I began boycotting GOG, and as I tend to be vocal about it, most of my posts gets downvoted.

I don't mind. I wear it as a badge of honour.
Oh, sorry to hear that you are now also on their "list". You served the GOG community so well for so many years ... it is a pity people don't remember anymore.
Not even an answer? Two full working days and not even a real answer to address this problem.
Wishlist removed.
Next step (tomorrow) stop to buy games from gog forever.
LiefLayer: Not even an answer? Two full working days and not even a real answer to address this problem.
Wishlist removed.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hitman_game_of_the_year_edition_11093/post470
Looks like gog and IOI are discussing this issue, I'm not holding my breath and the damage is already done, but at least something is happening, too bad it's only behind the scenes and all we get is the silent treatment.
LiefLayer: Not even an answer? Two full working days and not even a real answer to address this problem.
Wishlist removed.
I don't think it is too much to ask that GOG at least acknowledge the massive amount of backlash over this release, I don't expect an immediate solution but all they need to do is acknowledge and reasurre they will get this resolved. If this isn't going to get sorted then they are confirming that the DRM-Free montra is no longer a requirement of the store.

They have had over 24 hours, not really good enough GOG.

Wishlist removed.
NuffCatnip: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hitman_game_of_the_year_edition_11093/post470
Looks like gog and IOI are discussing this issue, I'm not holding my breath and the damage is already done, but at least something is happening, too bad it's only behind the scenes and all we get is the silent treatment.
Well I am absolutely astounded then. That video basically confirms that GOG were happy with the state of the game. So this doesn't even come down to a mistake, its deliberate.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Jigowatts121
they need to remove the game from the store and release it again when it's ready.
Not just talk. That what I was expecting... why the game is still for sale on gog? Not sure but this is the reason I removed all my wishlist (that mean that even if they solve the problem by tomorrow I will not buy any of the 6 games that were on that list here). And with no solution by tomorrow I'll not buy a game here anymore... I'll just buy drm games and find a crack for them.

IOI twich is good to know they are aware of the problem, but they still don't even understand anything, they should just apologize but they just said "we don't want to talk about that right now".
They make good games, but again, if by tomorrow they don't find a solution for this I will not buy any future game from IOI anymore.

I'm just that angry, this is an insult and I will not wait past 24 september 2021 for this to be solved.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by LiefLayer