It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
low rated
zakius: we are still waiting for proper explanation and assurance, come on guys
Your hubris is showing. You're not going to get an explanation.
Post edited May 07, 2022 by lexluthermiester
low rated
lexluthermiester: Your hubris is showing. You're not going to get an explanation.
And you thought it was worth bumping a month later just to say that? Knowing we're not going to get an explanation doesn't mean you shouldn't ask.
low rated
I'm not letting it go, it's either proper resolution or no more deals
low rated
Would love to hear an update about the release of the new Hitman series. I'm really enjoying Blood Money and went over to Steam to check out the new Hitman. The DLC and always online service looks like a complete clusterduck. A clean comprehensive release would be a GOGsend.
low rated
zakius: I'm not letting it go, it's either proper resolution or no more deals
You're not going to get an official one because that would, I imagine, require calling out people who won't let themselves be called out. My guess is something like this: some execs/"suits"/shareholders got tired of GOG effectively scraping by financially despite being in business for 13+ years, and told biz-dev to get some big-name games here even if they had DRM, "weasel them in" to the store. Apparently they didn't think there'd be such an enormous a backlash over this, though I'm guessing staff had an idea of what might happen.

The backlash was well-deserved and it's worth bumping occasionally to remind GOG not to renege again, but you're not going to get a detailed explanation unless you can convince somebody to anonymously leak.

Oisin: Would love to hear an update about the release of the new Hitman series. I'm really enjoying Blood Money and went over to Steam to check out the new Hitman. The DLC and always online service looks like a complete clusterduck. A clean comprehensive release would be a GOGsend.
might interest you

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_in_the_future_part_2/page685

"And thanks to WinterSnowfall an entry in GOG's database was found for HITMAN 2 Gold Edition, but we don't know the age of the entry and it might not indicate an upcoming release anymore after what happened to the first one."
Post edited May 14, 2022 by tfishell
low rated
zakius: I'm not letting it go, it's either proper resolution or no more deals
tfishell: You're not going to get an official one because that would, I imagine, require calling out people who won't let themselves be called out. My guess is something like this: some execs/"suits"/shareholders got tired of GOG effectively scraping by financially despite being in business for 13+ years, and told biz-dev to get some big-name games here even if they had DRM, "weasel them in" to the store. Apparently they didn't think there'd be such an enormous a backlash over this, though I'm guessing staff had an idea of what might happen.

The backlash was well-deserved and it's worth bumping occasionally to remind GOG not to renege again, but you're not going to get a detailed explanation unless you can convince somebody to anonymously leak.

Oisin: Would love to hear an update about the release of the new Hitman series. I'm really enjoying Blood Money and went over to Steam to check out the new Hitman. The DLC and always online service looks like a complete clusterduck. A clean comprehensive release would be a GOGsend.
tfishell: might interest you

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_in_the_future_part_2/page685

"And thanks to WinterSnowfall an entry in GOG's database was found for HITMAN 2 Gold Edition, but we don't know the age of the entry and it might not indicate an upcoming release anymore after what happened to the first one."
I'm not asking for names, just the flaws in the process, and what was done to fix them
without that I can't trust them anymore, it's really that simple
low rated
I'm still somewhat hopeful for a "DRM-free HITMAN (+ HITMAN 2), for real this time" comeback on this year's anniversary of the first botched attempt.
low rated
Swedrami: I'm still somewhat hopeful for a "DRM-free HITMAN (+ HITMAN 2), for real this time" comeback on this year's anniversary of the first botched attempt.
Hitman 1 and 2 are kind of pointless anyway, since everything is in Hitman 3 and enhanced. I would guess some distant day when support fully ends for Hitman 3 IO will do a final patch that makes more of the game work offline and then at that point we might see a GOG release of Hitman 3. Not before.
low rated
Swedrami: I'm still somewhat hopeful for a "DRM-free HITMAN (+ HITMAN 2), for real this time" comeback on this year's anniversary of the first botched attempt.
StingingVelvet: Hitman 1 and 2 are kind of pointless anyway, since everything is in Hitman 3 and enhanced. I would guess some distant day when support fully ends for Hitman 3 IO will do a final patch that makes more of the game work offline and then at that point we might see a GOG release of Hitman 3. Not before.
As a proponent of keeping the original, unenhanced (no matter if for the better or worse) versions of games around alongside the enhanced editions I'd still like to see these DRM-free releases of HITMAN (2016) and HITMAN 2 (2018) to materialise.
iOi certainly wouldn't mind the additional revenue too, I could imagine.
low rated
Swedrami: As a proponent of keeping the original, unenhanced (no matter if for the better or worse) versions of games around alongside the enhanced editions I'd still like to see these DRM-free releases of HITMAN (2016) and HITMAN 2 (2018) to materialise.
iOi certainly wouldn't mind the additional revenue too, I could imagine.
I mean we're not talking remasters here, it's the same game just with minor tweaks. Don't get me wrong, ideally all three versions would exist as a sort of historical document, but it's not like Doom 3 or Deus Ex 3 where there's real reasons to play the original.
so it's been a while, I wonder when will you finally solve the issue properly
as said before I'm not letting you forget you still haven't solved the issue properly

what went wrong and how are you making sure it never happens again? and what are you doing to fix all the other instances of DRM in the (used to be) store?
Funny thing is this debacle crossed my mind, when I downloaded the back-up files for Hitman - Absolution. What a cringe this release was, and what a cringe the way Gog staff handled the whole situation. Lol.
It seems it's about time to remind you there's still need to take proper care of the DRM issue on GOG:

explain how it was allowed to happen, what are you doing to never allow the same mistake to happen again and how are you dealing with other games that have various types of DRM in them?
zakius: It seems it's about time to remind you there's still need to take proper care of the DRM issue on GOG:

explain how it was allowed to happen, what are you doing to never allow the same mistake to happen again and how are you dealing with other games that have various types of DRM in them?
Hear, hear. The "official explanation" remains unsatisfying to me and many others too. More unsatisfying is the continued issue with DRM or DRM-like schemes present in many games that do remain.