It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
low rated
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Of course there are people enjoy playing games in ways they weren't intended, there always have been. My only point was that the "feature" has little to no impact on the way the game is intended to be played and wouldn't really bother me.
GamezRanker: Oh, I thought you were saying/implying/etc that the gamer who made that screencap was unskilled(as such I pointed out that some are skilled but like to clear game levels of enemies)....my mistake.

ettac orrazib si eman ym: I accept that the change would impact people who go out of their way to subvert the actual goal of the game.
GamezRanker: Also for some others(who want more challenge, like with the old health system, or for other reasons) it might be an annoyance/etc as well.

ettac orrazib si eman ym: How does it reward or encourage it?
GamezRanker: Off the top of my head: if one has an easier time due to regen health, they might feel less likely to play "as intended".
Well playing it as a shooter and killing every guard is already the easier way to do it, so I guess it makes the easy option easier.

I still wouldn't call that "rewarding". "Fronzie"'s reasoning isn't exactly rock solid here.
Post edited January 20, 2022 by ettac orrazib si eman ym
low rated
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Well playing it as a shooter and killing every guard is already the easier way to do it, so I guess it makes the easy option easier.
It depends on how you eliminate game enemies, I guess.

Take Thief/Thief2 for example......some like to blackjack(or eliminate) every game enemy they can, while still not being caught/seen/heard(or at the very least not too much). Besides that challenge, there is the challenge of having little health to rely on if one is spotted/heard/etc......which health regen would somewhat negate.

Addition: I guess it also depends on how the game responds to game enemies being alerted/alarms going off/etc.......some games spawn endless waves of enemies during such instances, for example.
low rated
I write this to continue the discussion on whether or not GOG are re-committing to DRM-free. Cyberpunk Patch 1.5 released today. Unfortunately, it does not fix the known issue with DRMed singleplayer content (cosmetic items via "My Rewards"); i.e., where Galaxy client is required at least once to access the content.

The continued absence of the Hitman release would seem a "positive" sign insofar as it hasn't been brought back with the online connection stuff intact (yet). However, I think it is valid to question any supposed "re-commitment" to DRM-free when there is a client requirement to access some content in the flagship game on this store.

In other words, I don't feel much faith that the Hitman release will come back in a fixed, DRM-free state, as, what leverage does GOG have to insist on that when meanwhile they are insisting on (what is effectively, and certainly via reading the former FCKDRM campaign compare/contrast) DRM in their "own" game?
low rated
rjbuffchix: I write this to continue the discussion on whether or not GOG are re-committing to DRM-free. Cyberpunk Patch 1.5 released today. Unfortunately, it does not fix the known issue with DRMed singleplayer content (cosmetic items via "My Rewards"); i.e., where Galaxy client is required at least once to access the content.
You forgotthe piggyback map DLC......which requires online connectivity to run. :\
Post edited February 16, 2022 by GamezRanker
low rated
rjbuffchix: I write this to continue the discussion on whether or not GOG are re-committing to DRM-free. Cyberpunk Patch 1.5 released today. Unfortunately, it does not fix the known issue with DRMed singleplayer content (cosmetic items via "My Rewards"); i.e., where Galaxy client is required at least once to access the content.

The continued absence of the Hitman release would seem a "positive" sign insofar as it hasn't been brought back with the online connection stuff intact (yet). However, I think it is valid to question any supposed "re-commitment" to DRM-free when there is a client requirement to access some content in the flagship game on this store.

In other words, I don't feel much faith that the Hitman release will come back in a fixed, DRM-free state, as, what leverage does GOG have to insist on that when meanwhile they are insisting on (what is effectively, and certainly via reading the former FCKDRM campaign compare/contrast) DRM in their "own" game?
Dude, stfu. You aren't entitled to the My Rewards content. It is a thank you gift for those who use Galaxy. It's a special deal. Do you feel entitled to everything you do not qualify to get?
Post edited February 16, 2022 by Snowslinger
low rated

Snowslinger: Dude, stfu. You aren't entitled to the My Rewards content. It is a thank you gift for those who use Galaxy. It's a special deal. Do you feel entitled to everything you do not qualify to get?
You mean it's for window lickers? Well why didn't they say so!
low rated
Snowslinger: Dude, stfu. You aren't entitled to the My Rewards content. It is a thank you gift for those who use Galaxy. It's a special deal. Do you feel entitled to everything you do not qualify to get?
Your terms such as "entitled, thank yous, special, qualify" all have nothing to do with the issue. I could be the most unreasonable person possible and it wouldn't change the reality it is DRMed content plain and simple.

I assume you were fine with the Hitman release as it was. After all, offline gamers aren't entitled to game progression and should just shut up, right? The online locks are just a special thank you to those who go online, right?

One could argue that with the Hitman release, the game was designed with the online like this, so it can't just be patched out without reworking everything. Whereas, to make an offline installer of cosmetic content should be trivial.
low rated

Well then I suppose the question should be "Why are they giving people thank-you gifts for using Galaxy?". Why are they trying to incentivise use of it?

I'm no conspiracy theorist, I don't go around suggesting they're going to make Galaxy compulsory, but I can't think of any innocent justification for giving people bonuses to use Galaxy.
Post edited February 16, 2022 by ettac orrazib si eman ym
low rated
BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK!
FOR THE LULZ! FOR THE LULZ! FOR THE LULZ!
low rated
kmanitou: BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK!
Who are the lulz and can we buy them a caps lock key?
low rated
kmanitou: BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK!
nightcraw1er.488: Who are the lulz and can we buy them a caps lock key?
They are the six NPCs that compose some kind of crowd in the crossgen-neutered Thief game from 2014.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Who are the lulz and can we buy them a caps lock key?
kmanitou: They are the six NPCs that compose some kind of crowd in the crossgen-neutered Thief game from 2014.
Oh, ok. I did play theif4 and it was a pretty my awful game. It was quite easy as well with the getting stuck in each other. What a mess of a game. Could be worse, could be cybepunk.
low rated
mad_men_only: You mean it's for window lickers? Well why didn't they say so!
I saw the stuff involved.....it's some galaxy shirts for the most part......imo GOG can keep it.

=-=-=-=

nightcraw1er.488: Oh, ok. I did play theif4 and it was a pretty my awful game. It was quite easy as well with the getting stuck in each other. What a mess of a game. Could be worse, could be cybepunk.
I actually found that game to be decent enough.......that said: yes, it is likely miles above 2077.
Post edited February 18, 2022 by GamezRanker
low rated
Good News (tm...lol).

According to staff member Chandra:

In regards to your comments around Hitman and if it comes back to GOG – the game won’t be released as a DRM-free title in the same form as offered back in September 2021. As mentioned in the post, we see that games are evolving, and this led us to write this article about our stance on DRM-free gaming. We didn’t comment on those changes and what kind of influence they may have on GOG’s DRM-free approach.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/bgog_2022_update_2b_our_commitment_to_drmfree_gaming_8cb8b/post198

I have asked for clarification within that same thread as to how to read this, as, in my reading, saying the game won't be released as a DRM-free title in the same form as it had been in September 2021 appears to indicate the game will be released as a DRMed title, just in some different sort of form.

The optimistic pie-in-the-sky best case "give benefit of the doubt to GOG" scenario would be if the game returns and the user can use an offline installer save or code to "unlock everything." As discussed by several folks earlier in the topic, this is not ideal but would perhaps fit the wording used by Chandra.

Chandra, or any staff member, is of course welcome to clarify their comment. Please don't be shy. We already see you guys making excuses for what we your customers view as DRM in the above thread I linked, so it's not like our expectations are very high at this point.
low rated
we are still waiting for proper explanation and assurance, come on guys