It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
ssling: Feral Interactive is listed as developer/publisher but no Linux and Mac versions available. Even supported Apple devices are listed under system requirements.
Feral Interactive is notorious for not supporting DRM-free, none of there Linux ports have shown up on GOG.

However they do not have a good reputation for making Linux ports. Found a few articles that noted that on Hitman they were getting better FPS running the game through WINE/Proton than the Linux Native build.

I can also confirm this as I have played Feral's port of Tomb Raider (2013) which ran into major frame rate and stuttering issues in larger open areas however the Windows version in WINE on the same PC ran perfectly fine.

vsr: No Tux - No Bucks!
Point the finger at Feral, they are the ones who are refusing to release the Linux port DRM-free.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by wolfsite
low rated
Nice!
low rated
YEEES!

Instabuy, thank you, IOI&GOG! <3
low rated
Great game. The online DRM is utter bollocks. If they've sorted that for the idiotic GOG crusade, it's one I agree with. The DRM was a moronic choice from the get go. Though, I don't need another copy so meh.
While we are waiting on a Blue to get back to us, if anyone else has taken the plunge would you mind updating this thread about the online requirements/unlocks?
low rated
Awesome seeing Hitman: GOTY Ed come to GOG.
Hopefully, Hitman 2 GOTY and Hitman 3 also come to GOG.
I'm curious how this plays versus the Always-Online versions.

And how it'll operate when HITMAN 2 and 3 eventually show up here.
high rated
Is the always online requirement removed?
It’s tempting, but it’s also a tad unfair for it to be listed at that price when it’s been on sale multiple times for less than half that price elsewhere. I’m happy that the game was released here, but I’m not happy about the price gouging. For that reason it’ll be a pass until the price is more in line with every other store that sales this game.
low rated
Hard pass. You can get the Hitman 2 Starter Pack for free on Steam and then get the Legacy Pack DLC for full price cheaper than this.
low rated
Unexpected. Pretty much confirmation that pt 2 and 3 will be coming.
Glad to see this here. Hoping 2 and 3 will end up here as well...

... but...

... have to agree.

After buying on PSN awhile back for less than $10 and then getting a Steam copy given away for free...

... it's hard to take the plunge.

Maybe it'll be more enticing if the other games show up here as well?

(Oh, did just read the first review... and sure sounds like a lot of content is locked behind online/DRM. Well, that's no fun.)
Post edited September 22, 2021 by kai2
high rated
Do you still need to be online to unlock things in this version or is this completely able to be played offline and DRM free?
high rated
gameragodzilla: Do you still need to be online to unlock things in this version or is this completely able to be played offline and DRM free?
From Cube1701's review on game's store page:

"You can play though the game with the basic options, but many features, such as unlocking weapons, items, outfits, starting locations and more are locked behind an online requirement."
gameragodzilla: Do you still need to be online to unlock things in this version or is this completely able to be played offline and DRM free?
kai2: From Cube1701's review on game's store page:

"You can play though the game with the basic options, but many features, such as unlocking weapons, items, outfits, starting locations and more are locked behind an online requirement."
He doesnt seem to own the game so maybe someone that owns it will let us know. But I won't get my hopes up.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by alexandros050