It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
Through my eyes I see the people who keep praising GOG's bad decisions to ironically advocate its future demise. It's in GOG's benefit to get its rear kicked and get its stuff in gear to go back to normal.

If GOG ends up becoming yet another generic DRM store then what's the point? The entire point of GOG is being able to purchase games knowing full well that they're going to not have killswitches built-in.

Without that selling point there's no reason to keep using GOG and people will just begrudgingly go back to using Steam and other larger services and CD Projekt will lose revenue anyways.

In my case I buy games off GOG because I like to burn the offline installers to DVD-R/DL's as I like having physical versions that will work 100% of the time without mods or modified executables that remove the restrictions. Hell, I was considering purchasing a BluRay drive and a stack of discs to use with larger games because preserving what I bought is worth the investment.

I can't buy Hitman TM because IO's servers won't last forever. Eventually what I'll be left with is a glorified demo.
GOGer: So you do buy the games you download via command line Steam right? Even without trying it myself, I assume the command line option requires credentials to be used. Otherwise anyone could just download those (many, as you say) truly DRM free games. If it is as I suspect, that it's a command line way to get things, it should still require a user having an account and having the "license" for the commercial games they own.

Further, unlike inaccurate lists, if you "are" who I think you are (personality wise) based on what you say, seeing your Steam games would maybe allow me/others to know with utmost accuracy which games are "truly" Steam-DRM-free.
I can't speak for the guy you are asking, but I personally use web browser to buy games from Steam, and I have an older laptop that has Steam client installed on it.

My main computer can be used to buy games and play games without it ever having had the Steam client, or any other client including Galaxy, installed.
That also serves as a very pragmatic and foolproof test. When I transfer games from my older laptop to my main computer, if they start and if they run, they are guaranteed 100% DRM-free, because there are no Steam files on that computer.

I know this is probably a bit more tiresome method than some command lines, but it works for me.
high rated
Guys can we please keep this about Hitman. The conversation is starting to derail a bit. We want this addressed right?
I find it weird how people on facebook either don't care about the Hitman crisis, or are completely oblivious. Makes me nervous. Perhaps people against this crap are trully a vocal minority... This is greatly concerning.
What about the unshockables?

This is what I think most people are upset about. You want to be able to reaply mission with new starting points, weapons and disguises.
Glad i didnt get this i really hope you fix this. Your rep will take longer what were you thinking with this didn't someone at gog think is going to create a backlash.
high rated
timppu: Entitled brats.
I'm starting to wonder if someone hijacked your account. I'm not going to pretend we always agreed in the past, but since the start of this thing you've been a total troll, and I don't think I've ever seen you acting like that before.
high rated
armedready: Glad i didnt get this i really hope you fix this. Your rep will take longer what were you thinking with this didn't someone at gog think is going to create a backlash.
its really not looking good for the company, first cyberpunk gets forced out the door knowing full well its not ready and trying to hide that fact as much as possible. then gog THE drm free store starts selling drm games. fuck i liked this company so much and they have just shat on their entire reputation.
high rated
timppu: Entitled brats.
Breja: I'm starting to wonder if someone hijacked your account. I'm not going to pretend we always agreed in the past, but since the start of this thing you've been a total troll, and I don't think I've ever seen you acting like that before.
I thought the same, I've never seen him behaving so terribly in all these years. O_o
And the suggestion about the shares is too silly for him..
Post edited September 28, 2021 by phaolo
armedready: Glad i didnt get this i really hope you fix this. Your rep will take longer what were you thinking with this didn't someone at gog think is going to create a backlash.
Eammon_Wright: its really not looking good for the company, first cyberpunk gets forced out the door knowing full well its not ready and trying to hide that fact as much as possible. then gog THE drm free store starts selling drm games. fuck i liked this company so much and they have just shat on their entire reputation.
200% agree I love this place the community here have helped to get so many games here drm free & i and others can't thank them enough.

Gog pulling a move like this i don't blame the community getting irate at them.
high rated
chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Lobosolitario: Twenty pages later, I see GOG is still recycling this highly insulting message trying to scapegoat their loyal customers for their own mistake. I will therefore be voting with my wallet. Sorry GOG, it was good while it lasted.
I share your same disappointment of the situation, but.. they're not recycling the message, it's simply pinned! XD
Anyway, knowing Gog's current speed, I already know it will take them a lot do.. something.
high rated
Angry Joe did pick it up in his news segment. They didn't get the story exactly right (about just how much content is lcoked behind online DRM, and how inacurate the description and disclaimer still are), but still they were mostly on our side in their coverage.
I think if this is how IOI intends to treat GOG folk, then it's better they go back to Valve's and Epic's Game Stores, right? They probably just slapped Valve to GOG hooks, allowed the game to launch without DRM, and called it a day. Admittedly it works for most games, but for Hitman...
Snowslinger: I find it weird how people on facebook either don't care about the Hitman crisis, or are completely oblivious. Makes me nervous. Perhaps people against this crap are trully a vocal minority... This is greatly concerning.
(Or maybe they've been playing Memoryhole the Comment.)
low rated
lolplatypus: It's nice to have steamcmd as an option and it would be great, if DRM-free games were easily identifiable, searchable and with a reasonable expectation of staying DRM-free. As is, though, Steam for DRM-free, while possible, is still a bit of a hard sell, I think.
I agree. That's exactly my problem with both steam and GOG. No easy way to identify DRM-free games.

The chances of hitting a DRM-free game on GOG is higher than steam, but so is the chance of hitting a more expensive or a more outdated or a more second-class game.