It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Yet despite knowing all that, IOI deliberately chose to flip the bird to GOG customers anyway, by releasing that DRM-infested game onto GOG.
At which point GOG should have flipped the bird right back at them, instead, they chose to sell it as-is. IOI might be a bunch of assholes, and they are, but the final decision to put the game on the store is still entirely down to GOG.
high rated
I haven't raised my voice here for ages but this makes me cry.
I'm asking myself if this is still GOG we all used to know.
The bitterness in my mouth cannot be expressed by any words.
Hope never dies though..
joppo: Technically it will run...
agogfan: The truly wonderous thing about an offline PC is that I get to choose what runs on it :)
Agree, it drives me crazy when developers add online DRM to single player part of games.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Syphon72
low rated
Syphon72: I wonder who at GOG thought this would pass with customers as DRM free? haha
Didn't you know? It's a "trans-game" (DRM to "DRM free")....they expect everyone to just acknowledge it as DRM free and buy it anyways.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by GamezRanker
We never asked for this.

FU GOG.
Syphon72: I wonder who at GOG thought this would pass with customers as DRM free? haha
GamezRanker: Didn't you know? It's a "trans-game" (DRM to "DRM free")....they expect everyone to just acknowledge it as DRM free and buy it anyways. ;)
Your probably right.

GOG replied back to my ticket about Hitman DRM.

This is what they said to me.

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.
I'll forward it to the proper team.
Have a nice day.

Regards

Alright GOG you have over 500 replies to this thread doing something.
low rated
Longshot11: We never asked for this.
GOG: What a shame
(Deus Ex reference)

====

Syphon72: Alright GOG you have over 500 reply to this thread doing something.
GOG: *crickets*
(technically, doing nothing is doing something)
Post edited September 23, 2021 by GamezRanker
LiefLayer: Not even an answer? Two full working days and not even a real answer to address this problem.
Wishlist removed.
Next step (tomorrow) stop to buy games from gog forever.
Welcome to the club. https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/page1
low rated
LiefLayer: Not even an answer? Two full working days and not even a real answer to address this problem.
Wishlist removed.
Next step (tomorrow) stop to buy games from gog forever.
Lifthrasil: Welcome to the club. https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/page1
Boycotting won't work. You are outnumbered by sheep and lemmings. The result of the past 40+ years of progressive corporatist politics.

these companies will never change because their customers literally need them in their lives to feel validated
low rated
It's a little more than a working day. Gog is never fast to answer, even when they do, but if you multiply the time by two it's not going to help ;)
Syphon72: Hello,

Have a nice day.

Regards
It's nice to see that for once GOG got things ready in time, and they already have a DRM team in place.
chen182: Boycotting won't work. You are outnumbered by sheep and lemmings. The result of the past 40+ years of progressive corporatist politics.
I know. But at least I won't finance these politics. I've spent a lot of money here to support the DRM-free idea. Now, I don't have any reason anymore to spend money here.
ReynardFox: it's all on GOG.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I disagree.

IOI are not comprised of morons.

They know that:

1. GOG is (at least, supposedly/allegedly) a DRM-Free store.
2. Their DRM-infested Hitman GOTY game is full of DRM.
3. Therefore, their Hitman GOTY game does not meet GOG's alleged/supposed standards and will be unacceptable to many/most GOG customers.

Yet despite knowing all that, IOI deliberately chose to flip the bird to GOG customers anyway, by releasing that DRM-infested game onto GOG.

So, IOI is certainly not blameless in this situation.

But GOG is more to blame since they allowed this crap to happen.
IOI probably thought they could just pass this off under the rug and just take in pure profit without fixing the game for GOG and nobody would notice. If they truly wanted to make the game DRM free they should have hired a team of engineers to add the additional content in engine. This is corporate greed trough and trough. GOG on the other hand should have done their research and seen all those components that are missing from the game and are locked behind IOI's online DRM functions. Let's see if IOI will fix this or the GOG team will have to come with a solution on their end. This is one of the reasons why i hate DRM in the first place, the game literally loses functionality if you don't have a connection to the internet. My internet was down for two days till yesterday due to a storm. Thankfully all the games i've bought on GOG are DRM free. So i personally would wait until Hitman has full DRM free functions before spending money on it. The older Hitman games are FULLY DRM free so no rush to buy the new one.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Screamshield
chen182: Boycotting won't work. You are outnumbered by sheep and lemmings. The result of the past 40+ years of progressive corporatist politics.

these companies will never change because their customers literally need them in their lives to feel validated
This is why GOG needs DRM free competitor. The only store showing some promise is Zoom Platform, but who knows how they will turn out in the future.

Syphon72: Hello,

Have a nice day.

Regards
mrkgnao: It's nice to see that for once GOG got things ready in time, and they already have a DRM team in place.
The DRM team probably gets paid really well. haha
Screamshield: IOI probably thought they could just pass this off under the rug and just take in pure profit without fixing the game for GOG and nobody would notice.
And yet the comment by the blue in this thread made it clear that GOG was already aware of the online requirements...