It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
low rated
I seriously doubt GOG will give any sort of explanation for how this happened. I'll save my outrage for a future "Hitman"-like situation, but if some people want to continue demanding one, best of luck.
low rated
I don't want to but unfortunately I have to since we got no proper explanation yet
low rated
zakius: I don't want to but unfortunately I have to since we got no proper explanation yet
Bump the thread, you mean?
And what explanation do you want? How it was greenlit for release?

I'm more interested in the current status, and if iOi actually have any intention to put together a proper DRM-free version that can be put up on and sold through GoG again.

Chances are we won't get answers to any of those questions, and just have to wait until its return one of these days.
Post edited November 26, 2021 by Swedrami
low rated
zakius: I don't want to but unfortunately I have to since we got no proper explanation yet
This thread is worth bumping occasionally to remind people that this happened (try to prevent history repeating itself too much), but I'm quite sure you aren't going to get an explanation, I guess GOG aren't willing to make themselves "vulnerable" like they used to or they won't take the time to explain or it would be bad PR - "yeah we don't check games out like we used to".

Perhaps new GOG higher-ups / shareholders /profit-seekers told the staff to bring it despite the staff (at least any staff who've worked at GOG for some time) knowing the backlash that'd likely occur, and only once the gaming press did reporting on it and negative PR occurred (I'm sure the rioting in the comments and the reviews did help get their attention) were the people who control GOG willing to remove it? *shrug*

Swedrami: I'm more interested in the current status, and if iOi actually have any intention to put together a proper DRM-free version that can be put up on and sold through GoG again.
I'm going to guess "no" unfortunately. GOG's tiny marketshare probably won't make spending time and money to make significant changes worthwhile to a big dev/pub like IOI. Unless IOI are willing to go the simplist route and just unlock everything at the start (iirc in this thread that's what some people have said is the simplest thing to do?)
Post edited November 27, 2021 by tfishell
low rated
Swedrami: And what explanation do you want? How it was greenlit for release?

I'm more interested in the current status, and if iOi actually have any intention to put together a proper DRM-free version that can be put up on and sold through GoG again.

Chances are we won't get answers to any of those questions, and just have to wait until its return one of these days.
I want explanations on all of the above :)
low rated
Swedrami: Bump the thread, you mean?
to keep demanding as the explanation should have been handed to us already, but as it wasn't someone has to

and what explanation you ask: how was that allowed to happen and how are they making sure it won't happen again, depending on that I'll decide if I can trust them again

mistakes happen and not all of them require such level of transparency, but breaking the fundamental part of stores identity, breach of trust people put in them definitely deserves one
low rated
Why is EVERY SINGLE POST in the last 5 pages downvoted?

I want that question answered as well as the questions mentioned by @Zakius above.
Post edited November 29, 2021 by DubConqueror
low rated
I'm not replying here to demand an answer... just too bad this whole situation hasn't been wrapped up by now... or at least in a state of development or negotiations where intentions could be related. But all of that is tricky business.

Still have some hope, but my gut says we've heard the last of Hitman GOTY on GOG.
low rated
DubConqueror: Why is EVERY SINGLE POST in the last 5 pages downvoted?
I'm sure there's some kind of bot doing it, some users have the same issue whenever they make a post.
low rated
DubConqueror: Why is EVERY SINGLE POST in the last 5 pages downvoted?
tfishell: I'm sure there's some kind of bot doing it, some users have the same issue whenever they make a post.
Definitely a bot. The user can also obviously configure it to target either a specific user or entire threads. Makes me wonder why someone this capable at writing software would waste time making red words appear on posts on GOG forums, but here we are. Automation experts are in high demand pretty much everywhere in the IT industry.
Post edited November 29, 2021 by idbeholdME
low rated
I would assume the intention would be to discourage further posting in the thread.

But who cares about a number next to their handle. To me, it’s just another affirmation that GOG doesn’t care about, nor pays much attention to its users or what goes on in the forums anymore.
low rated
Longcat: I would assume the intention would be to discourage further posting in the thread.
Not going to happen. "Over my dead account", lol. If according to other topics, GOG may be served by focusing on DRM-free, offering a detailed explanation of the events surrounding this Hitman Online Lame of the Year release would be a fantastic place to begin.
low rated
chandra: Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Thank you for the transparency and honesty. Hopefully, this can be resolved quickly as this is quite obviously something the people want and we are willing to wait for it to be done right. Thank you GOG Team
low rated
Patiently waiting for new information. Thank you very much GOG for all that you're doing to bring this fantastic title to us! It is much appreciated.
low rated
Yo Chandra, when are you going to tell us how this mess slipped through the cracks?