It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.7 Minagoroshi is now available DRM-free. Get it 10% off until August 8th, 11pm UTC.

Hinamizawa, a small village in the Japanese countryside.
While there are fewer than two thousand people there, every year, 'something' happens.
For the past 4 years, someone has died, and someone else has gone missing.
This series of deaths and disappearances is connected to the local resistance against a now-abandoned dam construction project. A murder during the construction, covered up by the local authorities, is being re-enacted year after year.
Is it a conspiracy? A coincidence? Or perhaps a curse?
timppu: One thing that Japanese certainly do well, or at least differently, is naming their games. "When they cry hou", indeed.

Western games are more like "Pillars of War!" or "Power & Steel: The Enigma!" or "Wow Look At My Big Dick!". They should be more japanesque, like "Kwarzipartsu: Usually Happens When You Jump Roof To Roof At Midnight Or Something"
Now I want to see western games but with Japanese naming convention.

Tomb Rider = It doesn't belong in a museum, it belongs to me!

Psychonaut = I want to be in your brain.

Broken Sword = Is it okay to romance a French girl while trying to stop a cult?

Doom = Mars and murders and blood and gore and demons and oh my!

Civilization = My world leader can't be this cute. (Or GHANDI THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS)

Surviving Mars = Aria..... oh wait that's an actual anime
timppu: "Kwarzipartsu: Usually Happens When You Jump Roof To Roof At Midnight Or Something"
Vythonaut: Thankfully, they just called it Thief.
You mean THIAF
Post edited July 20, 2019 by RedRagan
I remember watching the anime for Higurashi, but when the "poisonous gas came from the swamp and killed everybody" plotline happened I knew I was finished with the show.
Post edited July 22, 2019 by Crosmando
Crosmando: I remember watching the anime for Higurashi, but when the "poisonous gas came from the swamp and killed everybody" plotline happened I knew I was finished with the show.
Actually poisonous gas from a swamp or a lake killing the entire village did actually happened irl. An entire population of a village in Cameroon was were wiped out by similar accident.
Crosmando: I remember watching the anime for Higurashi, but when the "poisonous gas came from the swamp and killed everybody" plotline happened I knew I was finished with the show.
RedRagan: Actually poisonous gas from a swamp or a lake killing the entire village did actually happened irl. An entire population of a village in Cameroon was were wiped out by similar accident.
Sure, but you can't avoid that it was a ridiculous plot device.
RedRagan: Actually poisonous gas from a swamp or a lake killing the entire village did actually happened irl. An entire population of a village in Cameroon was were wiped out by similar accident.
Crosmando: Sure, but you can't avoid that it was a ridiculous plot device.
So a guy freaking out and axe murdered his friends or a girl stabbing herself with a knife multiple times in front of her friends are fine plot point but natural gas poisoning is too ridiculous?
Crosmando: Sure, but you can't avoid that it was a ridiculous plot device.
RedRagan: So a guy freaking out and axe murdered his friends or a girl stabbing herself with a knife multiple times in front of her friends are fine plot point but natural gas poisoning is too ridiculous?
Sure, people go crazy all the time, especially when love and young emotions are concerned.
Post edited July 22, 2019 by Crosmando
This happened because of Rika and you probably still know what happened to her in that episode. It was a certain persons fault she wanted to prove a theory.
Plot twist: that's not actually what happened. The VN's are better than the anime anyway, just play them instead. Much more engaging.
Dang, now I'm getting super hyped to start reading Higurashi.. but I think I need to hold on and wait for Ch. 8. I don't suppose there's been any sort of official ETA for the remaster's release?