It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.7 Minagoroshi is now available DRM-free. Get it 10% off until August 8th, 11pm UTC.

Hinamizawa, a small village in the Japanese countryside.
While there are fewer than two thousand people there, every year, 'something' happens.
For the past 4 years, someone has died, and someone else has gone missing.
This series of deaths and disappearances is connected to the local resistance against a now-abandoned dam construction project. A murder during the construction, covered up by the local authorities, is being re-enacted year after year.
Is it a conspiracy? A coincidence? Or perhaps a curse?
Does this complete the series?
muddysneakers: Does this complete the series?
no, there's still episode 8 and Rei (which has an epilogue Dice Killing chapter + some unused scenes IIRC).

Although I don't know if Mangagamer will bring over Rei (the Dice Killing chapter was fantranslated in the past though)
muddysneakers: Does this complete the series?
Not quite. There's still one more Answer Arc episode: Matsuribayashi. These episodes tend to get localized in half year intervals, so I'd expect that one probably sometime between March and June 2020.
Thank you, GOG & MangaGamer.

I bought an extra copy as a gift code. Now who should I give it to and why? :)

EDIT: I passed it to DarthSisu since they appear to be having a conveniently timed birthday. Ha!
Post edited July 19, 2019 by clarry
I really have to get around to actually playing these games. I've heard nothing but good things, but uh... I dunno. The presentation has always put it pretty low on my list of VNs to play.
Chacranajxy: I really have to get around to actually playing these games. I've heard nothing but good things, but uh... I dunno. The presentation has always put it pretty low on my list of VNs to play.
The new art Mangagamer commissioned is pretty bad and generic. I suggest playing with the original, Japanese art.
Chacranajxy: I really have to get around to actually playing these games. I've heard nothing but good things, but uh... I dunno. The presentation has always put it pretty low on my list of VNs to play.
Lucumo: The new art Mangagamer commissioned is pretty bad and generic. I suggest playing with the original, Japanese art.
Oh, God no. The original art kept me from wanting to play the game altogether. It's soooo bad.

I'll get over it at some point, but uh... as far as VNs go, G-Senjou no Maou is next on the list for me.
Very nice to see this. I'll definately play these games when all the chapters have been released.
The timing of this release here, it's like a birthday present from GOG...that I have to pay for myself. But it's not really that expensive, so.
If you're not aware, there's mods for these visual novels by 07th-Mod that add stuff from the console releases (mainly from the PS3 versions, I believe) including different character art, new hand-drawn background art with additional situational ones that aren't on the PC releases and full Japanese voice acting.

I started using these mods with the second one onwards after a user here recommended them and I'm really liking them a lot.
Lucumo: The new art Mangagamer commissioned is pretty bad and generic. I suggest playing with the original, Japanese art.
Do the GOG versions have the original art?
ryuken3k: Do the GOG versions have the original art?
They let you pick. The originals are awful though.
Thank you, GOG & MangaGamer. :)
ryuken3k: Do the GOG versions have the original art?
omega64: They let you pick. The originals are awful though.
Unfortunately they don't let you pick the original music though.