It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Better get ready for those news: Metro Exodus - SDK is now available on GOG, for free!

Metro Exodus is one of the titles from the Metro franchise, inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhowsky; it continues the story of the main character, Artyom. It’s a story-driven FPS that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in a truly masterful, immersive way. As a player, you get to explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling storyline that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn, all the way to the depths of nuclear winter. The Metro Exodus - SDK, though, is a complete set of tools for the base game; it enables anyone to create standalone content for personal or non-commercial use.

Now on GOG!
Now, I guess the community can fix the game.
Timboli: For me, this 61 files to download, equating to 201.39 GB.
I've been steadily working through the downloads, but had a sleep inbetween.

I got the two regular DLC first, enhanced and regular, which was just over 14 GB.
Then I grabbed the regular version of the SDK DLC, which was around 29 GB I recall.
INTERESTING FACT - I rarely have a failed download, but the BIN 2 file failed both the size and checksum, but passed both on a subsequent download retry. I have a reasonably stable connection and my regular download speed is about 4.2 megabytes a second (roughly 33 Gigabits a second). No idea why that one file out of the 8 failed at not quite full size, talking only a few bytes. I guess even good connections can have a hiccup sometimes, if rarely so.

Now I am about to download the update for the regular version of the game, around 64 GB.

Then I will do the other Enhanced version files ... game and SDK.

All that will probably take me a couple of days, because I also use this PC for other things, and don't do big downloads while doing them.

I wish me luck .... and no more failed files and hopefully good speeds.
Post edited January 26, 2023 by Timboli
Syphon72: What do you mean? I see offline installer for both versions right now. We talking about something else?
Tarhiel: Mine offline installer looks different, no 64gb version here, where did you get that?. GOG always divides installers into 4GB chunks.
As I said, they are still under one gamecard, EE is listed as a patch (it´s a standalone version, not a patch), which creates difficulties for download.
I used gogrepoc to download both version 1.8 (60633) and version 3.0.8.37 (61743)
1.8 was split into a 64 GB downloader and 7.4GB in DLCs

So far I didn't download the SDK, I wished the SDK was a separated product, clicked on "buy" too quickly.
Then again the main game doesn't get updates all too often, so the download size only matters rarely.
Post edited January 26, 2023 by neumi5694
Timboli: I wish me luck .... and no more failed files and hopefully good speeds.
Well I was out of luck.

I got partway through downloading (65 GB), and then the game got updated again, at least for the regular version (+ DLCs), and now I am waiting to see if the Enhanced version (+ DLCs) also gets updated again.

Just not right to update again a day later with such a large game, when many owners are likely in the middle of downloading, and may not even notice the name change to some of their files ... meaning in future that is a broken backup.
Timboli: I wish me luck .... and no more failed files and hopefully good speeds.
Timboli: Well I was out of luck.

I got partway through downloading (65 GB), and then the game got updated again, at least for the regular version (+ DLCs), and now I am waiting to see if the Enhanced version (+ DLCs) also gets updated again.

Just not right to update again a day later with such a large game, when many owners are likely in the middle of downloading, and may not even notice the name change to some of their files ... meaning in future that is a broken backup.
Timboli, is the EE really a patch over standard edition?
To my knowledge, that´s a standalone installer.

What if you would like to download only EE? or only NON-EE version?
Wouldn't GOG repo have problem with that?

I can make it not to download patches (which downloads standard edition), but if I want EE only, I would need to download NON-EE version as well, which is redundant (64GB!) and not necessary for installation, correct?
Tarhiel: Timboli, is the EE really a patch over standard edition?
To my knowledge, that´s a standalone installer.
I'm not really understanding your question here.
I can download either version or both, with just a few clicks.
I download the Offline Installer files.

I think you might be mistaking the text under Extras, that says Metro Exodus, which is just text not a download link. All file links for the game, Enhanced or not are on the left, DLCs too. Talking browser page here. I have no idea why they put that text at right in the Extras section.

Tarhiel: What if you would like to download only EE? or only NON-EE version?
Wouldn't GOG repo have problem with that?
I'm not using gogrepo.py, I am using gogcli.exe ... though I have built GUIs for both programs, and can do similar, just selecting from a list of files what I want to download ... ticks in checkboxes, then one DOWNLOAD button click.

Tarhiel: I can make it not to download patches (which downloads standard edition), but if I want EE only, I would need to download NON-EE version as well, which is redundant (64GB!) and not necessary for installation, correct?
It all depends on how you use gogrepo.py, what you put in your script. If I remember correctly, you can tell gogrepo.py to skip certain files based on something in the filename (i.e. version number) or just download files with that. I however use a GUI to make selecting files much easier.
Timboli: I'm not really understanding your question here.
I can download either version or both, with just a few clicks.
I download the Offline Installer files.
Nevermind, you just answered my question :)
You can download it separately, that´s all that matters.

I meant that NO-EE version is listed as an "installer" (pic 01) and EE as a "patch" (pic 02), even though EE is a standalone version of the game. That was the base of my question.
Attachments:
01.png (10 Kb)
02.png (9 Kb)
Question, just for information: What reason is there to keep the old 1.0.8 edition (non-EE)?
Does it have anything that the EE doesn't or are just the EEs hardware requirements significantly higher, so people with older machines should keep it?
Tarhiel: Nevermind, you just answered my question :)
You can download it separately, that´s all that matters.
Goodo.

Tarhiel: I meant that NO-EE version is listed as an "installer" (pic 01) and EE as a "patch" (pic 02), even though EE is a standalone version of the game. That was the base of my question.
That's interesting, I hadn't noted that, and in reality they really aren't a proper patch set of files, they are a complete new version, not installed over the regular version. Both versions are about 64 GB and 68 GB (EE) as I recall it.

Perhaps they need to use the word patch in the link text, for some reason ... it isn't in the resulting filename, which starts with the usual 'setup' text.
Post edited January 27, 2023 by Timboli
neumi5694: Question, just for information: What reason is there to keep the old 1.0.8 edition (non-EE)?
Does it have anything that the EE doesn't or are just the EEs hardware requirements significantly higher, so people with older machines should keep it?
To be perfectly honest I haven't installed and played either version yet, so I don't really know. But I imagine there must be significant differences, that perhaps please some folk and displease others, and I reckon like you say, that the Enhanced version requires greater computing power.

Like many I guess, I have read reviews that often criticize Enhanced versions of games, so it is wise no doubt to have a copy of both versions, just in case.

What does seem a little odd though, is updating the regular version still, and in this case they have also provided separate SDK DLC for both versions. That should tell us there is some significant difference between versions, that probably make it worthwhile to keep a copy of both. Then there is the significant size of both versions and DLC to be maintained and uploaded for every update. That's a lot of bothering if it really isn't needed.
neumi5694: Question, just for information: What reason is there to keep the old 1.0.8 edition (non-EE)?
The Enhanced Edition requires a card that supports ray-tracing. Locking users without ray-tracing out of their game would be a bad idea, to say the least.
Timboli: What does seem a little odd though, is updating the regular version still, and in this case they have also provided separate SDK DLC for both versions. That should tell us there is some significant difference between versions, that probably make it worthwhile to keep a copy of both. Then there is the significant size of both versions and DLC to be maintained and uploaded for every update. That's a lot of bothering if it really isn't needed.
Yes, that's what got me wondering as well.
But it also means that they can still provice updates for both versions at the same time, which usually is a lot of effort if they differ too much.
So my guess would be that the differences are of pure technical nature, but maybe someone here has more info?