The Exodus SDK is a complete set of tools for Metro Exodus, built using the powerful and flexible 4A Engine. It enables anyone to create standalone content for personal or non-commercial use.
Documentation, tutorials, and additional information can be found in the public documentation.
*Exodus SDK and all mod content requires either Metro Exodus 2019, or Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition to be installed, but each launch and run separately.Scene Editor
• The scene tool is the main tool you use while working on a level. It is mainly used for adding and manipulating all kinds of objects on a level, from NPCs and weapons, to patrol points, restrictors, and proxies.Model editor\viewer
• The model editor allows you to change collision properties, textures, materials, add locators and texture presets, edit animation tags and other animation properties using the model tool.Navigation
• The navigation mode allows you to create/edit the navigation mesh (aka: A.I. map) of the level. This is required for the AI (Enemies, Friends, etc..) to move through the level.Particles
• The particles mode allows you to create/edit the particles in the game.Terrain editor
• Terrain Tool allows you to edit terrain for your level. Valleys, mountains, caves, uneven or sloped ground, etc. You can easily modify both shape and appearance by using a range of tools.Weather editor
• The weather editor allows you to create weather presets to use within the weather volumes. There are several options to adjust: Skybox, Sun, Clouds to Post Process, Snow/Water Levels, etc. You can create different types of weathers, Day/Night Cycles, or Modifiers.Camera track editor
• Track editor is used for creating cut-scenes, camera spans, camera shakes, and screen effects.Visual Script
• The VS (Visual Script) editor allows scripting complex gameplay features and AI behaviors without writing a single line of code. The main advantages of visual scripts are their simplicity and clear visual feedback to user. Their logic is founded upon the so-called events which are produced in the scripts by specific triggers, and further processing of these events.
© 2023 Koch Media GmbH and published by Deep Silver. Developed by 4A Games. 4A Games Limited and their respective logo are trademarks of 4A Games Limited. Metro Exodus is inspired by the internationally best-selling novels METRO 2033 and METRO 2035 by Dmitry Glukhovsky. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.