It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
zipera123: Can anyone tell me why digital edition available on GOG and STEAM has bigger price than boxed steam version available in my country?

PROOF:

cdp.pl/dying-light-enhanced-edition-pud-pc.html <= 110 PLN
agito.pl/gra-dying-light-enhanced-edition-pc-5902385102452/pd/DM6HY3BBM/ <= 99 PLN

110 PLN = 28.35965 USD = 25.6081792 EUR

And the price on GOG is 46,39USD or 41,59EUR with 17% discount.

I'd really like to buy that game on GOG but something is not right here...
Probably cause Steam does not have separate EU2 region anymore. Everybody is now part of the region EU with high income countries like Germany, France, etc. with a few price differences inside the region. Gog has more or less copied Steam's regional pricing system so all the EU countries with a few exceptions are in the high income group.

I guess with the cancelation of EU2 zone, Steam is probably getting ready for one european digital marketplace (same price for everybody in EU zone).

Retail obviously is always cheaper. I mean you can get Dying Light for Steam for about 10€ in a local shop here.
Grargar: When you are about to make your next purchase, it should be applied to the price by default. You also have the option of not applying it by unticking the box below the price (see the attached image).
Yeshu: During your next purchase there is a check box that you can click to use it up, or save it for another time.
Thank you both for the info. :)
Post edited March 16, 2016 by ReynardFox
zipera123: Can anyone tell me why digital edition available on GOG and STEAM has bigger price than boxed steam version available in my country?
The same happened recently with Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. The retail version's cost was ~12 euros at the time of the GOG release (which was ~40 euros minus 50% release discount = ~20 euros). Big price difference, only the publisher knows why...
WOW. Techland OnBoard!!!
Would really love if you can secure CallOfJuarez as well...
...but will pick up DyingLights anyways!
Martek: I don't play game in linux, but could see doing so in the future.
It's good to be opened minded. I've been moving my computers over to Linux. I hope to see the day I don't have any Windows computers. Windows 8 was a mess, and Windows 10 is a plague. I'll hold on to my two remaining Windows 7 computers as long as I can. Only the games and two applications are holding me back. Everything else is Linux Mint or Debian.

If you really think you may be interested in Linux anytime in the future, start looking into it now. Starting slow worked well for me. If you can spare the RAM, Linux Mint runs great in VirtualBox.
low rated
Digital_CHE: At the beginning I was shocked like everyone else and I was about to buy it, but after I realized that there is no Linux version of this game on GOG, I won't buy it here..

Again, GOG is mistreating the Linux community.

No Tux, no bux.
There is NO LINUX version of the GAME AT ALL DUDE!
Digital_CHE: At the beginning I was shocked like everyone else and I was about to buy it, but after I realized that there is no Linux version of this game on GOG, I won't buy it here..

Again, GOG is mistreating the Linux community.

No Tux, no bux.
fr33kSh0w2012: There is NO LINUX version of the GAME AT ALL DUDE!
Yes, there is. Enhanced Edition for Linux is available since 9th of february 2016 on Steam. Otherwise Dying Light before the Enhanced Edition had linux version on Steam since 27th January 2015.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by Matruchus
J_Darnley: So much for optional client! The first day I heard that GOG was doing one I knew it would eventually become mandatory. This is a second small step towards that.
Gersen: Well how else exactly do you expected to be able to play multiplayer in a game that doesn't support LAN?
Simple: Create a unique id per game bought and display it in the user's library menu on his logged in web site. Have that unique id be the only DRM required (have to be entered on installation of the game) for playing the game online. In the backend the game could still use galaxy.dll and such without the need to have Galaxy running (as proven with Aliens Versus Predator).
Thx Yeshu, Matruchus, Vythonaut.

Looks like i need to wait for 50%+ discount to buy the game at the normal price :)
Ricky_Bobby: Wow that was quite unexpected, I prefer Dead Island but this is still great news, especially for people who've been whining about the lack of modern triple-A on GOG.

Multiplayer is for kids, don't care about that, I'm glad as long as I can play this offline in single-player.
You Can there is an option in game to turn off multiplayer completely and I COMPLETELY USE IT!
Matruchus: Yes, there is. Enhanced Edition for Linux is available since 9th of february 2016 on Steam.
It's sad that Steam fights harder for Linux than GOG does. Maybe it's just that Steam may have more support for Linux. Unfortunately I haven't noticed any communication from GOG that a Linux version is in the works on any previous release missing the existing Linux version.
Matruchus: Yes, there is. Enhanced Edition for Linux is available since 9th of february 2016 on Steam. Otherwise Dying Light before the Enhanced Edition had linux version on Steam since 27th January 2015.
I well you learn something new everyday!
GOG.com: Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.
But but... something-something piracy boogeyman!
Matruchus: Yes, there is. Enhanced Edition for Linux is available since 9th of february 2016 on Steam.
jalister: It's sad that Steam fights harder for Linux than GOG does. Maybe it's just that Steam may have more support for Linux. Unfortunately I haven't noticed any communication from GOG that a Linux version is in the works on any previous release missing the existing Linux version.
I don't know really. All the AAA games that get released on gog are missing the Linux version nowadays. Only indie games seem to deliver Linux versions. I think its probably cause gog doesn't really wan't to put any effort or money in to getting the few Linux AAA games that they have to run. I have a feeling that when Cities: Skylines or Hearts of Iron 4 (release D-Day date confirmed) come to gog they will all be missing the linux versions. I don't know it just seems to me that gog dropped support for Linux.
Primo_Victoria: If I may, the draw distance setting affects frame rate drastically and makes very little visual difference.
catpower1980: mmmm, I think I remember that's one of the few settings I didn't change as the beginning of Dying Light was inside a building (thus, it shouldn't have drawn further than the interior walls). Anyway, I'm currently downloading the demo of The Following so I'll try to tweak every possible parameters to death :o)
The Framerate Issues have gotten better! I play this on my 20th anniversary edition Pentium g3258 and it runs fine!