It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
Why is everybody so surprised, I called that out two weeks ago. :-)

But it's great to see that the powers that be at Techland and GOG are listening. Welcome Techland and don't forget Dead Island while you are at it. :-)
I will not connect all my multiplayer games to one single point of failure GOG account.
Please provide one serial number per game for the multiplayer mode like you did with other released multiplayer titles.
Oh, my fuuuuuuck! You guys just literally froze the Hell. All it needs now is a Crossplay between Steam and GOG users and we will have the most glorious moment ever!
Wow, this was a really unexpected to see here, instawishlisted until pay day then instabuy on pay day.
Hmm, looks interesting - hits the buttons of games I like.

But I guess I'll have to go dig out some Let's Plays and see how the actual gameplay is.

From the GOG promo vids I can only tell it has tons of cutscenes, and is a possibly on on-the-rails action'er.

The description does say "open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation" but I recall when I was told that Metro was "open world" and it has got to be one of the most on-rails shooters I've played in awhile (but it does have outdoors areas - I guess that counts as open world to some).

Don't care about the co-op or multi (and if I did, I'd think twice about yet another game tied to an online service that may not be around later).

So - it's off to find gameplay vids to see how the game really is..

For the moment it's on my "might buy" list..
Can anyone tell me why digital edition available on GOG and STEAM has bigger price than boxed steam version available in my country?

PROOF:

cdp.pl/dying-light-enhanced-edition-pud-pc.html <= 110 PLN
agito.pl/gra-dying-light-enhanced-edition-pc-5902385102452/pd/DM6HY3BBM/ <= 99 PLN

110 PLN = 28.35965 USD = 25.6081792 EUR

And the price on GOG is 46,39USD or 41,59EUR with 17% discount.

I'd really like to buy that game on GOG but something is not right here...
Wow, that came unexpected - and it is awesome! Thank you GOG, I guess I have to buy it right away :)
ReynardFox: Holy crap really? Did NOT see that coming.

Edit: Ouch at the price tag though.
Main game, all DLC plus expansion. :p
Geralt_of_Rivia: Welcome Techland and don't forget Dead Island while you are at it. :-)
Deep Silver owns Dead Island, not Techland.
Enjoyed the demo of Dying Light, but I wasn't expecting this game to come here anytime soon (if ever). Glad I waited.

*Buys it*
So how exactly do I use my fair price discount? Is it just automatically used on my next purchase or what?
ReynardFox: So how exactly do I use my fair price discount? Is it just automatically used on my next purchase or what?
When you are about to make your next purchase, it should be applied to the price by default. You also have the option of not applying it by unticking the box below the price (see the attached image).
Attachments:
untitled.jpg (212 Kb)
Post edited March 16, 2016 by Grargar
zipera123: Can anyone tell me why digital edition available on GOG and STEAM has bigger price than boxed steam version available in my country?

PROOF:

cdp.pl/dying-light-enhanced-edition-pud-pc.html <= 110 PLN
agito.pl/gra-dying-light-enhanced-edition-pc-5902385102452/pd/DM6HY3BBM/ <= 99 PLN

110 PLN = 28.35965 USD = 25.6081792 EUR

And the price on GOG is 46,39USD or 41,59EUR with 17% discount.

I'd really like to buy that game on GOG but something is not right here...
Because it is passed through a local distributor (local pricing difrence) and not a worldwide digital service.
Seriously, most games in Polish stores are cheaper.
(Prosta logika ekonomi.)
ReynardFox: So how exactly do I use my fair price discount? Is it just automatically used on my next purchase or what?
During your next purchase there is a check box that you can click to use it up, or save it for another time.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by Yeshu
At the beginning I was shocked like everyone else and I was about to buy it, but after I realized that there is no Linux version of this game on GOG, I won't buy it here..

Again, GOG is mistreating the Linux community.

No Tux, no bux.
I don't play game in linux, but could see doing so in the future.

But all the talk in this thread about (paraphrasing), "the reason the existing linux release isn't here is because there is no Galaxy API on linux" seems a bit off-target, to me.

I would not be surprised if the majority of linux customers here, maybe even the vast majority, don't care about multiplayer - or would be willing to forego it in some games just to be able to play them single-player on linux.

Seems to me it would not hurt to offer a linux version of the game that doesn't include the multiplayer - if the so-called Galaxy API is the stranglehold. Just be up-front about that on the gamecard.

I'd certainly buy it if I was a linux customer - as I really don't care these days about multiplayer.

Would be better to capture some of the linux sales that way, instead of none of them.

JMO